Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Waterside Children S Studio School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 13, 2016
The entire WCSS team is fantastic! We are truly blessed to have them with us!

Posted January 13, 2016
PS317Q - Waterside Children's Studio School is phenomenal. Our first grader twins have attended since Pre-K and let us tell you how wonderful this school is. Principal Gerendasi and her team are tireless. We feel blessed to have the ability to see our children learn and grow in such an academically rich and nurturing environment. There are enrichment clusters, after school programs in art, music, dance and drama, we have our winter & spring arts festivals and now ... student led conferences. Parents are engaged and participate in school events. We are truly lucky to have Waterside in Rockaway.

Posted December 16, 2015
Waterside has come a long way. I have 3 children in this school since pre K. I gave 5 stars because the teachers are amazing people. Every teacher they've ever had are wonderful and dedicated to their class. They really go above and beyond to help each child grow and learn. The teachers show hope and inspire the children. Although the classes are crowded, children naturally will fall behind. When problems arise they are always addressed however there is only so much that can be done, things seem to get swept under the rug or dragged out. There are a lot of unhappy parents due to isolated incidents but overall, the kids are happy there. Most problems arise from children whose parents are not the most involved, if you know what I mean. This is Rockaway and the choices in schools are very limited.

Posted July 15, 2013
WCSS is an amazing school!! The principal and teachers and staff are very supportive and caring about the students. The academics are rigorous and my son has advanced so much in reading, math and science in just the first grade alone. The arts, drama, music and enrichment clusters are a nice balance to compliment with hands on learning. I am extremely happy with PS 317.

Posted January 16, 2012
This school is fantastic. The standards are way up in this school. If you ever go to any events where Dana explains the curriculum, you would know how high the standards and expectations are at this school. That is why they got an A on the progress report. I know about the new common core learning standards because P.S. 317 principal and staff explains it to us in great detail. The arts are implemented within the standards and keep the kids engaged. My child knows how to read because of this school. The community LOVES this school and so do I. I hear all the talk about how great this school is and I am so happy to live in the zone so that my child can go to the best school in the city. This school is so safe and any unsafe behavior is dealt with on the spot, it never escalates. I love everything about this school!!!!!

Waterside Children S Studio School 1

Posted October 04, 2011
It is so clear that what is being done at this school is not effective. The learning is so fragmented that the students never catch up or have time to complete a task or project completely or adequately.

Waterside Children S Studio School 2

Posted September 11, 2011
Students are pumped through and the standards are very low at this school. It is such a shame.

Waterside Children S Studio School 1

Posted September 07, 2011
There is too much focus on the arts and not enough on academic subjects. So many of these students have not mastered the basic skills they will need in the future.

Waterside Children S Studio School 4

Posted June 28, 2011
Waterside children s studio school 317 is a great school; the principal is approachable and knowledgeable, promotes an active and social environment for the students and the parents. The teachers are involved with the school and active in its desire to make it better. The teachers are involved in what they call enrichment courses, sewing, arts and crafts, basketball, cheerleading and more. They are also involved in the PTA, which promotes parent and child socialization, with extras like movie night and social gatherings. My child has shown great improvement academically and in self-esteem. My child has been encouraged to propose enrichment programs, like clean our beach. The school is a safe environment and attentive to a child s and a parents needs.

Posted April 29, 2011
2 yrs ago I was torn because being a homeowner I believe that my tax dollars should be reflected in the school in my community. Almost two years ago to the day I met Dana Gerandasi & this was one of the best chance encounters ever! I explained my concerns & she asked me to give her 1 year to show me what an amazing education she would provide to not only my daughters but children of our community. Here we are just about 2 years later & my daughters are excelling academically! Her team of teachers are all as dedicated as she is & share in her vision! The culture of the school is one that is inviting, parent friendly, very informative & JUST AMAZING! Dana, Katy McGulliciddy, Zoraida Quiles & all of the teachers have provided an amazing foundation for my children! Every time I have had a question, I have been received by open arms. My daughters are very lucky to attend this school & I wouldn't have it any other way! I wish this school could be duplicated everywhere, in every community all over the city! Thank you Dana for everything you have done so far & everything you will do! You are a woman of your word and I am honored to know you! Mr. and Mrs. Joseph and Cynthia Nieto

Waterside Children S Studio School
1-79 Beach 110th Street, Queens, NY  11694
Last modified Waterside Children S Studio School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.