Bad
Good

This is a very good school in queens. As long as you work hard, you will see results. the teachers are passionate about their subjects and. The only issue I have with the school was that it was very crowded and is thousands of students over its capacity.

This school is the reason I went from being a kid who absolutely hated MS158 into a freshman at an Ivy League school. The whole atmosphere at Bayside makes you want to participate and challenge yourself. I took AP classes and graduated with 18 college credits. A wonderful 4 years and a great and funny principal. My parents could not have made a better choice for my high school.

It is a very good school . The teachers are highly educated, very considerate to their students. Students are comfortable in their classes. I have no complain at all. This school should get all support from the city. S.h

As an alumni of Bayside High School I am going to say that there is good and bad. No school is perfect but I am going to explain what I have seen in my four years here: The good: I will admit that Bayside gave me a great all round education and had me very prepared for the work in college. The bad: As a general A+ student I was recommended to take trigonometry my sophomore year and the teacher (ms. Kohler) was awful. She had no control of the class and would laugh at everything even if it wasn't funny. She made me fail my first regent and I had to get tutoring at a place out of school to take it again in the winter. A lot of times I would walk into certain places like the locker rooms and hallways and it would smell like marajuana. It wasn't too hard to get a hold of that in this school. I witnessed seeing high children pacing up and down the lunchroom with the aides not even noticing. And worst of all I had a female stalker that was banned from the school and somehow she was able to get in through the door other children were leaving from that were finished with their day. She was just able to blend in and walk in with no one noticing. Talk about terrible security.

Bayside is an excellent school. I took great advantage of AP classes, the sports and the student organization (clubs). My high school experience is one that I will never forget and this school shaped me as a person. The staff is great from guidance counselors, to teachers, to security. Of course not everyone is the best but there are a handful (the majority I'd say) that are definitely on your side as a student. I did not personally like the principal, but I rarely delt with him so it didnt matter. Overall Bayside maintains a special place in my heart and strongly recommend this school for any student who is looking to make their high school experience one full of opportunities and fun. The key is to get involved and slowly you'll see how much that changes you as a student at Bayside, in the eyes of your peers and the faculty.

Bayside is a horrible High School. The school is overcrowded, and the teachers can't control the classes. Students do what they want in this school. Parents please don't be fooled by what the principal tells you when you attend the freshman orientation. Kids are contstaty using their cellphones, taking pictures, videos and updating their social websites directly from the class. I personaly have been in the hallways of this school and I was horrifed to see what young girls and boys do while school is session. If you want your child to get a good education they will not get it at Bayside HS just warrning you!

Absolutely the best school for my three children- two now attending and one already graduated and in college. The principal and staff are very educationally minded, a little strict, but a lot of fun.

horrible high school. Some of the teachers in this school are decent and other teachers are just horrible. They dont care about your grades or help explain the work. This school rather spend money to buy flat screen and hang it around hallsway then spending on other useful stuff. also this school makes student swipe out which is ridiculous. Overall half the adults in this school dont really care about student. They just want students to graduate on time at any costs. This will make the school graduation rate higher but it doesnt make the students learn anything.

A pretty good school, It depends on which Teacher you get. Since the school got overcrowded when all the Freshman's came in, I think it made the teachers overwhelmed with work, making the teachers be very disorganized, and have a tight schedule. Now it's a bad school.

Excellent neighborhood high school! All three of my children were fully prepared for college work by attending BHS. They received opportunities here that they wouldn't have if they attended the more "selective" science high schools. The students are challenged here to do their very best and if they show aptitude, they are strongly encouraged to do honors work. The Teachers here are exceptional and hold high standards for the students. Principal is caring, visible and easily approachable. There is a small group of very dedicated Parents who are involved at school, which is probably typical of all high schools. Known for their Math/Science, Art, and Music programs.

Last modified Bayside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.