Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,110

Posted March 11, 2015
Since Mr.Quintana took over everything is getting better. all teachers are great. Very happy with how things are going at P.S 88

Posted December 26, 2014
I'm very disappointed of this school from the beginnings. My second grader hates that school asking me for transfer to another one. If it wasn't the zone school I would have done that long time ago. Teachers don't care about students at all, not too much homework to keep them busy studying. Classrooms overcrowded therefore no attention for a child from the teacher. No communication between teachers and parents. Speaking off security guard very rude and unprofessional like most of the stuff in that school.

Ps 88 Seneca 2

Posted September 21, 2013
My twin sister and I graduated the year of 2009. During that time, I was a shy kid who enjoyed getting grades. I was a victim of getting screamed out by the people in charge when they got in a bad temperament. I remember one teacher who had saliva spewing out of his mouth, yelling to me about something that happened in class a week ago. I think that not everyone can be teachers. Yes you can get a diploma from any college but if you don't have the patience to teach kids. Please do us a favor and don't teach. I think there should be an inspector in each class to watch over the teachers antics. Even if the students are behaving in the " wrong way" they are 10 year olds or even younger who needs a calm way of discipline.

Posted January 06, 2013
I am a fifth grader in p.s88 it is a great school i will graduate this year. this the best school ever.the teachers are great. even though we have no recess its better because we don't wast time like other school they have Greater Ridgewood and other programs like the recreatinal program chorus, newspaper and lawclub. Bulling is not permited. the only thing is that the lunch stinks. I am sure that if you went there you will be succsesful.

Posted December 20, 2012
my daughter. my daughter started going to this school in the 1st grade and from the very 1st day i noticed something was wrong... her teacher was extremely rude she was lazy as well. she refused to answer any questions about my daughters class room activities and complained if i wrote her notes about my childs school work. it started bad but as she entered the 2nd grade its getting even worse. i regret letting her attend this school because now her 2nd grade teacher lowered her reading level from an h to a d. there is absolutley no reason for this as my kid is capable of reading books that even i am able to read. her academic performance has gone down terribly and its only getting worse because the teachers at 88 are not teaching the right work for the right grade. a 2nd grade child should not be getting spelling words like it, at, be, way, or me...terrible school and im honestly scared for my daughter when she enters the 3rd grade. but because shes zoned for this dump i cant take her out.....

Posted October 05, 2012
My son graduated from this school in 2011. This school is terrible, educational level is very low, my child didn't learn much. He went to very good middle school totally unprepared, he was way behind other kids and needed to catch up a lot. There is absolutely no communication between parents and teachers. I am glad that my son is done with this school and doesn't have to go back there :-)

Posted March 17, 2012
I have never heard of an elementary school that doesn't have recess. My son is only six and is expected to sit from 8 in the morning until two in the afternoon and they wonder why their test scores are bad. Studies..and common sense...show that young children need physical activity to help them learn and focus. I am heartbroken that this is my zoned school. My bright and creative child is starting to hate school.

Posted November 16, 2011
VERY DISAPPOINTED MY DAUGTHER IS IN SECOND GRADE SHE DOESNT HAVE A LOT HOMEWORK AND THE TEACHER DOESNT HAVE NOT PATIENCE WITH THE KIDS SINCE THE SCHOOL STARTED IM BEEN ASKING THE TEACHER HOW MY DAUGTHER IS DOING AND SHE SAID THE EVERYTHING IS OK BUT WHEN I CHECK THE REPORT CARD IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IS LIKE SHE DONT CARE ABOUT THE KIDS VERY IM REALLY CONCERN

Posted November 10, 2011
Love this school!!! The teachers are great and so are the principal and the vice principals.

Posted October 27, 2011
I am extremely disappointed with this school. First of all the kindergartens are allowed to walk to class by themselves. There is a very rude Security Guard that sits on a stool doing nothing but yelling at the kids and parents just because you are trying to make sure your child made it to class okay. The classes are often overcrowded and filled with teachers who have no real compassion to teach. There is one field trip a year, only one gym class if you're lucky a week and not much too often in the extracurricular activities. The kids just sit there hour after hour supposedly learning. My son is only 6 in the first grade and he Hates School!! Thanks to the unconcerned principal and teachers! Way too go PS 88.

Ps 88 Seneca
60-85 Catalpa Avenue, Queens, NY  11385
Last modified Ps 88 Seneca is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 88 Seneca Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top