Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,408

Posted August 09, 2013
The teaching staff is top-notch. The principal has very high expectations of teachers, parents and students alike and that translates into an academically challenging environment that values order while encouraging creative expression. The leadership team is highly reponsive to parent requests and inquiries. I feel blessed to have found this school and my children feel the same.

Posted May 09, 2012
I would just like to say that I am very proud to have my brother's name attached to this school. Captain Fowler, my big brother, would be and I am sure is very proud of this school. I am once again looking forward to P.S. 108, Captain Vincent Fowler school's celebration on the 23rd of this month. I can't wait to see all the wonderful activities and learning that is going on. Sincerely with love, Ellen Fowler Ryan Middle School Special Education Teacher Chatham, New York

Posted May 08, 2012
It is a great school. I read some of the negative comments here on the link and I'm sure they are comming from disgruntal parents who do not involve themselves in the quality education of their child except to complain, tear down and mumble simply because this is what they have and know to offer. When something is working well and can only do better, apply your selves with meaningful intentions and contributions or stay out. All it takes is one non-contributor to spread chaos, doubt and to stump what progress there are. Apply yourselves to this great school or take your child and leave. The student and teachers will miss the child but be happy to see you off. I am a parent, a volunteer and a contributor. I am black and my son, no matter how challenging the work may be understands the purpose and need to apply himself, to become well rounded and the smarts to contribute productively, how about you? MF

Ps 108 Capt Vincent G Fowler 1

Posted March 29, 2012
This school is very suspicious. I think they control the ratings of the school in order to stay on top. My son attends this school and the administrative staff needs to checked up on. This is public school not booth camp. Also they gave out surveys that would supposedly get to the BOE but a saw a parent get repremanded because she told the admin staff that she would do the survey online. she was told that she could not leave with the survey and that she had to give it back even if it was blank. I went online to do the survey but i am not able to because i need the code off the letter that the wouldn't allow the other parent to leave with. My take on this is unless the admin staff had some interest in context of the survey parents should have been able to do the survey any which way.

Posted March 28, 2012
This is a great school that promotes learing & leadership. Had 2 boys graduated from here and did excellent from K to 5th grade. My oldest is now a student @ Stuyvesant H.S. It takes parent involvement as well to make sure the child excels in school. I have never had an issue & hopefully I can also send another child to be part of the great learning environment here.

Posted November 01, 2011
I'm a graduate of year 1996. P.S 108 have left a place in my heart throughout my education days. Mrs. Petito was a fantastic principal and the teachers and staff I remembered to being very loving, caring and helpful. Because of my experience there it has inspired me to become a teacher. I wish you all luck and hope this is still one of the best public schools.

Posted October 27, 2010
My daughter has been to three different schools and she is only in the first grade, and this is because I was not satisfied with the other two schools (private schools). I felt that they did not challenge her enough. When I switch my daughter to this school last year I was greatly please from the first day she came home. I love how they put their student s brains to work. This is what I have been searching for. Excellent school!!!

Posted September 15, 2009

Posted July 14, 2009
Wonderful teachers and staff. This school only shoots for the best

Ps 108 Capt Vincent G Fowler 1

Posted June 24, 2009

Ps 108 Capt Vincent G Fowler
108-10 109th Avenue, Queens, NY  11420
Last modified Ps 108 Capt Vincent G Fowler is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 108 Capt Vincent G Fowler Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top