Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,343

Posted October 26, 2013
From pre k to 8th grade.. this school is excellent academically. . I would recommend this sschool to any parent who have thought about private school vs public school.. this school mmeets all the require ments.. only thing I would change is they include some more extra curriculum courses for the kids. . More shows for the parents to attend.. otherwise I am very pleased with the school

Posted October 03, 2012
I am currently an eight grader going to this school and the teachers are phenominal. They teach you to the your greatest ability and are willing to spend an extra few minutes for anyone who does not understand a certain topic, etc. Overall amazing school, everyone is friendly and the staff are kind hearted, and are always willing to help out with anything. My reccomendations to apply here.

Posted June 18, 2011
P.S. M.S. 124 If your looking for the best school in the south ozone park area I recommend this school.Evryone the staff,the teachers are geared to give your child the most excellent academic learning.I had to move from this area and realized how wonderful this school is .My son is devastated since we came into the Brooklyn area bc even the catholic schools were behind in the teaching.I am going to make sure my son gets into a school that has the potential to excel like MS 124 did.Keep up the wonderful work you are doing you are opening doors in these kids future,I want to thank the staff and the teachers for all the wonderful and loving way you treated my boy QUENTIN you will always live in our hearts THANKS again ;((I am crying)

Posted October 10, 2010
great school im a 7th grader and love it there there are alot of students who take bus just to come to this school everyone excels in their class and their so much activities i wish their was cheerleading and MORE art but overalll its a great school:]

Ps 124 Osmond A Church

Posted March 28, 2010
i have two kids going to this school. the school activities are too good. the environment is friendly. the security is very good , i am very relax about my kids safety. the homeworks is too much and the kids didnt get enough time to do the homework. thats all.

Posted August 28, 2008
I have a eight year old daughter in this school.The teachers are well prepare and they are excellent teachers. They help their students to give their best in all their school activities.

Posted March 04, 2008
I have a kindergardner who has significantly improved in many areas since september. Not only are his teachers wonderful, but the entire staff seems to pull together to help out any way they can. The Core Knowlege curriculum is awsome. It allows you to follow along with what your child is learning so that you can stay on top of things. There are frequent feild trips and other school activities. Also, another A+ is the school is very diverse which is very celebrated in the school. However, there is no jungle gym, which is typical for queens. Also, getting your child to and from school can be quite an effort and as a matter of fact quite dangerous. People double and tripple park, sometimes in crosswalks despite many efforts by the school to correct th situation.

Posted August 08, 2007
I have three children who attend this school and all of them have excellent teachers who do a great job preparing them for the next grade. This is a core knowledge school in which my children are learning about things that I didn't learn until high school. In my opinion Ms. Diglio, and Ms. Garone are probably the most caring and effective teachers that I have met.

Ps 124 Osmond A Church 3

Posted May 30, 2007
The school boasts a Core Knowledge program that is wonderful and which is being adopted by other public schools. Some teachers are excellent; others need a child psychology class or two. There is not enough art education. The schools surprises us with excellent music and dance classes. Parent involvement is stifled by a very clique-ish group of PTA and non-PTA parents who seems to be there all day long. The Parent Coordinator is friendly but so swamped rarely are calls returned. Maybe other parents have had a better experience. The Principal is efficient but no organization is perfect. The school chose empowerment. We can hope this is for the better. Experience is that it's improper to question the status-quo. Better to be non-thinking beings, you'll get more friends there that way!

Posted January 12, 2006
My child is attending PS 124 and I do like the standard. My child is in the aster class k218 and his teacher is wonderful, I could not have believe that the things my chld is doing righ now and that a kendergardener could handle all these things. I always recommend ps 124 to my friends and family. I would like for my child to continue his education in the aster class. I went to ps 124 few days ago and the security is very high because i didnt took an identification card with me and they didnt let me in, so i also do appreciate that. The penny harvest was the best my child and i sert all our pennies and donated it. It was the best experience. I also do appreciate that kids are encouraged by grading them for student of the month. My child did had that opportunity.

Ps 124 Osmond A Church
129-15 150th Avenue, Queens, NY  11420
Last modified Ps 124 Osmond A Church is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 124 Osmond A Church Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top