P.S. 128 the Lorraine Tuzzo, Juniper Valley Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2013
This is a great school. My oldest son attends this since kindergarten and now is in 6th grade. The staffs / teachers are well trained and are helpful.

Posted August 27, 2013
PS/IS 128 The only problem I see with this school is that there are way to many kids that are not zoned ,the staff should be more careful. Otherwise my children are doing very well in this school. Teachers and staff are wonderful !

P.S. 128 the Lorraine Tuzzo, Juniper Valley Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2013
My son attended K-8th grade. Overall it was a good experience. Mr. Lavelle provides strong leadership and manages the school well in challenging times. The teachers are committed and doing a fine job although there are a few who are not up to the level. The district 24 is the most crowded district and Board of Education under Bloomberg leadership did little to ease the pressure on public schools in the area. The situation gets even worse for high school students in Queens.

P.S. 128 the Lorraine Tuzzo, Juniper Valley Elementary School 2

Posted May 16, 2013
I am very sad to say that but this school is overrated. The classes are indeed overcrowded, kids punished for not having they homework (kindergarten kids have time to play cut out/or not at all because of that). You have to pay for everything that is organized in school. Trips that are barely ever are also paid. I just wonder what are those money earned during all events go? With such potential of space inside and out kids are having gym time within 4 classes being together (almost 100 kids per one gym teacher, the other teacher just stands nearby). Often happens that kids are not going out at all. If it is about teachers quality - some are better that others. You basically have to do homeschooling anyway. There is no extra help for lower performing kids, the suggestion from the teacher and principal stuff is: private tutoring! Principal involvement - almost none. Parents are not allowed to say anything but: Yes, Mr.... thank you Mr......! Concern parents are really not welcomed!!! If your kid is good and you stay quite, fine. Otherwise don't count on any help. The survey was given to parents with the pencil and we were asked to give it back right away!!!

Posted February 17, 2013
I must say sincerely, it has become almost an every day experience in my office, or by phone, by parents wanting to reside only in the 128 school district. I know some of the teachers, but apparently the word is out all over every area how great, good this school is. My office is on Metro by 73 place, and honestly the demand for living quarters only in the school district far exceed the inventory. Whether an apartment or House rental in this school district, it is rented within several weeks or days. Sincerely, Jim Turano/Broker Diverse Real Estate

P.S. 128 the Lorraine Tuzzo, Juniper Valley Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2012
I read somewhere that the ratio of this school is 1:17 and the average NYC school is 1:15 (teacher to student ratio). On what planet or century is that information from? This school is so overcrowded it's sickening. My kids have 30-31 kids per class with only one teacher (therefore a 1:30 raitio). Because the school rents out most of the third floor for disabled kids, all kids of the same grade have gym at the same time. That makes 90 kids per gym class,which is stupid and dangerous, not to mention that they get no exercise at all! They play tug of war and pacman relay through 6th grade... what a joke. Where is the schedule they are suppossed to follow, like soccer, basketball, volleyball etc? My kids tell me they prefer to sit out and read instead of play gym and it seems many kids sit out. My son hates art, but puts in an effort and got a 100% on the only test, yet the teacher is almost failing him. I hate this school more and more every day and I am looking to send my kids elsewhere. It's a shame since I pay taxes here and private schools are very expensive. My last resort is home schooling but I don't know if I could handle that. Our kids need a hands on education!

P.S. 128 the Lorraine Tuzzo, Juniper Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2012
It used to be a good school, until it changed. I cannot wait until I graduate this school!

Posted January 02, 2012
My daughter is in 1st grade here and her teacher is amazing-- compassionate, organized and knowledgeable. The school is clean and friendly. The staff all know my daughter by name! They have also been wonderful about offering learning support services and advice. Her teachers welcome parent interaction and really listen to what I tell them about my daughter. So far, our experience has been wonderful!

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted April 13, 2010
Love this school - everyone - from the principal on down - is so friendly & helpful and I love my son's teacher, she really does a great job and is very approachable. My only problem is the overcrowding already happening in the brand new building, and the kids that are in PS 128 that are not zoned for the school. I think the faculty needs to be more stringent in terms of 'checking up' on where the kids actually live. If the parents are giving the kid's grandparents' address, etc., because that's in the 'zone', that's not fair to the rest of us who really live within the zone of the school. And I believe that's a BIG reason for the overcrowding. Other than that, the new school is beautiful, and my son is doing great in it.

P.S. 128 the Lorraine Tuzzo, Juniper Valley Elementary School
69-10 65th Drive, Queens, NY  11379
Last modified P.S. 128 the Lorraine Tuzzo, Juniper Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
P.S. 128 the Lorraine Tuzzo, Juniper Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top