Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,209

Is 141 The Steinway
Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
This school has the worst administration I have ever seen. They have no idea what is going on in the school.

Is 141 The Steinway 1

Posted May 31, 2015
They have the worst education system, they separate the children into academies which makes them feel less than the others and gives room for belittlement by the students in the ,"Smarter Academy" . They can care less about the special education programs and the children who really need them are just moved along with out any knowledge of the subjects. But as long as the school gets the 504 money there fine.

Posted March 31, 2015
Great school. ..The staff was wonderful..I loved being in the band. .played the alto saxophone

Is 141 The Steinway 4

Posted November 30, 2014
This school is pretty good. The principal is very nice and really cares for the students. The assistant principal of the shakespeare academy is such a nice lady she genuinely care for all of the students in her academy. One of the 6th grade ELA teachers is the sweetest old lady, she make ela a fun subject. A 7th grade teacher is young a thinks she knows everything she doesn't make you want to go to her class. She says that you can forget things, she is one of the worst teachers there.

Posted June 23, 2014
School is very good both principle and vice principle are very nice But teacher are very racial

Posted January 18, 2014
The school is okay, I'm in my last year here. Most of the teachers are pretty good, but I can sense discrimination and favoritism in some. Some of my former teachers, and current teachers had obvious favorites in the class, and constantly calls on those people and don't give other kids the opportunity to talk in class. By the time they are called on, everything has been said. Plus the school is split into three. I have friends in another academy, but I barely get to talk to them. Plus there is barely any communication between the 6th graders and 8th graders, theres none at all if you don't have a younger sibling or a friend with a younger sibling. This splitting up can put strain on relationships with other people. Plus it causes the argument of which academy is better. Plus there is an issue with the honor classes, they get stuck with the sucky things. I mean, I'm in top honors and my SS teacher is and ELA teacher, and she's not a good SS teacher, a better ELA, I've had her for that also. So we're basically teaching ourselves.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 13, 2013
this is a very great school. i think that they should get a 9 rating.

Is 141 The Steinway 4

Posted July 03, 2012
I'm going to this school next year ,I'm soooooooooo excited the only thing I'm worried and don't know much about is the acadamies. When am I going to get the packet . Teacher said in summer and it's summer....... WHERE IS THE PACKET WITH ALL THE INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 28, 2012
The school is okay but some students haven't had a social studies teacher since October. Also, by having honor classes and honor society it makes kids who aren't in it feel dumb. Also, having acdemies. They are the same but because of it some kids think they are smarter. And this school has too many cliques and if your're not popular n one really talks to you. And this school is in need of improvement the letter came in the mail. So if it's such a great school and has been rated A for 5 years. Why is it in need of improvement. Good school but has problems on the inside. And i go here. in the 7th grade.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 06, 2012
I'm in 7th grade and this school is ok, because teachers don't really care if you give the homework because they don't check it. There's some cliques, and there're kids that break the dress code and deans don't care. If you are a shy person, people don't talk to you. I just wish I could finish this year and next so I could go to high school and leave this school. However I get good grades if I change school then I have to start over and meet friends again .

Is 141 The Steinway
37-11 21st Avenue, Queens, NY  11105
Last modified Is 141 The Steinway is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 141 The Steinway Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top