Bad
Good

Was there for a brief time and not in the capacity of someone attending there and wish I had pursued it more in staying there longer when the head staff member was extending that out to me who I thank for letting me to be there. Among the dust of confusion that was circling around in my life wish at the time I wish had seen that this was a safe bustling place among the unsafe places for me to deservingly give back. For what its worth 173 thank you.

My son just started Pre K. He loves to be at school, but no homeworks are given. Kids don't write at school, don't do math.... Very disappointing... In his previous, private Pre k he had to do homework every day; while in this school not even once.

This year my daughter attendant 3 rd grade, she goes to special class, it doesn't mean regular class or math team honor class, which means they put active or problem students with normal students! That's not fair at all, start from 3rd grade, students have statewide tests, that's extra important for them, school leader put them all together, that's not good for normal students learning, and why my daughter needs to enrolled this kind of class? Why other normal students go to regular classes? Ps173Q needs to separate special students to another class, everyone has right to learn normally at school!

I have two sons attending this school. They're currently in 3rd grade Dual Language and Kindergarten. I'm extremely pleased with their education system. The principal and all the teacher I know works really hard to make their student achieve their goal to excellence. I can't say thankful enough for my older kindergarten teacher that recognized my son ability and make recommendation for him to be entered in Dual Language Program. Now, he can write, read and speak Chinese and still maintained his good grade in English and Math. That shows that the teacher worked really hard in every subject. And for my younger son, he's in K now. However, her pre-K teacher recognized that my son is gifted and suggested me to get him tested, which I did. And I just got the result that he passed the test and eligible to register Citywide and State G&T Program. Too bad that PS 173 doesn't have G&T Program. If they have it, I will not move my son to other school. Once again, thank you very much PS 173. You really are the "School of Excellence"

The teacher is very lazy. She almost has a sick leave day every week. She never check my daughter homework. Sometime my daughter will forget to do some part of home work, write the wrong spelling words, wrong grammar or do the wrong counting in math. But the teacher only will put the stamp which was mark SUPER JOB. The teacher never make a correction for children.

This school received much deserved 2011 Blue Ribbon Award from Board of Educ. Strong tprincipal and asst principal leadership, excellent caring teachers who try various measures to help kids. It has multiple extracurricular activities & great curriculum. Teachers and parents and staff are involved in supporting children's education. Great parents involvement in school activities. In every good school, there are also cons. It's just human nature, some staff/faculty stereotype kids too, that is why it is important for parents to be involved and advocate for their kids. Overall I give it good marks.

Excellent School. Excellent Teachers including the principal. My child loves to go to school everyday. My child loves the projects. The teachers knows each and every child. Mini Clubs are great. High expectation of every child, and at the same time knows what each child needs and how to help. A++ School

This school doesn't know how to keep active children occupied and interested. Teachers don't have patietnce at all. Each child is different and there has to be more choices and activities for them to be doing. They have to be trying better techniques to get through each child.

My kids love the school! Glad to have art, music, gym and computer which some other schools cannot offer.

Since my niece has started attending school at PS173, she is brighter and eager to learn more things every day! All thumbs up!

Last modified Ps 173 Fresh Meadow is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.