Bad
Good

My two sons are registered in this school. They always praise for their class teachers due to their good attitude, politeness and taking care. I have very good experience with office staff, they are so sweet and attend every guest promptly in a very professional manner. Hope this environment will grow further. Thanks for the entire school management and staff members and stay blessed.

MY BOTH KIDS HAVE GONE TO THIS SCHOOL THEY NEVER GOT ANY KIND OF PROBLEMS IN THERE. THE SCHOOL STUFF IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND ALWAYS HELPED ME WITH ANYTHING THAT MY CHILDREN AND I NEEDED.

This school gives a lot to their students, they might seem harsh at some times but they know what they're doing, they know what's best for their students.

Im in the 6th grade in this school, and i've learned a lot more in the first few months of the school year. I made it into SP this year and i was in a normal class before. It was a quick change for me. Also the teachers are really nice, but strict which is great. The students are also very friendly! All in all, this school provides great academics and good people!

This i a great school. My daughter is in the 7th grade and she has maintained herself on the honor roll. There are many opportunities and activities for kids to get involved in.

This school s the worse!!!! Teachers n faculty ignore how disrespectful the kids are, bullies r there to do whatever they want n to whoever they want!!!!!

I am very, very SAD of my son's decision on wanting to leave this school, I found this school to be one of the best schools in the area, and all I can say is that while my son was attending to this school (6grade) every single staff was involved in his academic studies, discipline, and personal development. Thanks to the principal, teachers and the dean staff that did a great job; my son became more confident, focus minded, and responsible. Although, the other school he will be attending is not bad at all and is closer to our house, I will miss this school a bit time. I wish I can change his mind, but I can't force him to stay. P.S 185 Keep up the good work, you are the best!!!

I fell in love with this school when myself and child when to the open house. My child was selected to attend this school as my child goes his 6 th grade we both see how wonderful is this school . My child loves the teachers and students. The school had alot to offer . AWESOME SCHOOL !

My son loves this school. I'm sad that he has to move on. I wish he could continue to go here through high school. The principal is top notch, on the ball and really gets it. I'm saddened to read another review that a child was being bullied and cried everyday. I feel like that issue needs to be addressed, although my son has never experienced this, that should not happen to any child. He doesn't see fights often either as the other child did. I guess it depends on what grade and class you're in. All around a good education with caring teachers and a friendly environment.

I was part of what was the first class to go all through this school. I moved out to Centerport, NY and didn't complete middle school here. It was a wonderful school with lots of promise and I really enjoyed my time here. From the ratings and reviews it seems to have lived up to it's promise. Is there an alumni site for this school?

Last modified Jhs 185 Edward Bleeker is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.