No rating

Most Precious Blood School

Private | PK-8 | 80 students

Living in Queens

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $541,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,370.

Posted September 23, 2014

The WORST! They are overcrowded (30+ kids in each class), failed almost all Math state tests, and don't care about the kids. An expensive joke and not a school.

Posted November 19, 2013

My son attends this school since last year. His previous school, Corpus Christi, closed in 2012. He has adjusted to MPB very well because of the teachers, staff and students. The teachers are caring and wonderful. They care about the children as if they were their own. They are always participating in professional development, on their own time, in order to utilize current teaching practices. The staff of the school take the time to help every student. The principal and vice principal know every child by name and make them feel like part of a family. The students are respectful and friendly with one another. The entire school truly exemplifies what it means to be Catholic. As a result my son is very happy here and participates in many extra-curricular activities because he loves to be here!

Posted November 10, 2013

My daughter is now in 1st Grade, and I am happy to say that her Kindergarten and Assistant teacher really prepared her for this next level. My daughter is always excited to go to school and never scared. She is one of the smartest in class :) All the staff are friendly , kind and dependable.

Posted November 7, 2013

This is a Great school. They keep you informed about your children. The early bird program and the after school programs are Excellent and the kids are always learning. I myself Graduated in 1998 and I had such a good experience I had to send my kids and I am Not disappointed at all. Would not want to pick anywhere else. No complaints at all.

Posted November 4, 2013

My son started out in the summer camp program at Most Precious Blood prior to starting kindergarten in Sept. 2012 at MPB. The faculty, level of education and facility are top notch. The after school program is a blessing. My son attended summer camp once again in 2013, and then started the fist grade this past September at MPB. His first grade teacher is one of the most caring and patient teachers that I have ever met. She is also one of the afterschool teachers and makes sure homework is done prior to play. Breakfast and lunch meal plans are available. After school activities and events allow the students and faculty to bond and grow together. The school principal is second to none and knows everyone of the students. Catholic school education at its finest. I would recommend this school to other parents looking for an educational facility with a well balanced program teaching not only academics and religious instruction but building on family values, good manners and teamwork.

Posted June 5, 2013

MPB is one of the greatest gems of Queens. My son graduated from this school and with the stellar, above-average education and nurturing he received from this school and the teachers, he was able to win a full scholarship to a prestigious high school. This is one of the best gifts you can give your children. A top education, incomparable to charter or public schools anywhere in Queens.

Posted June 2, 2013

I graduated from this school five years ago and learned, after having gotten into high schools, that I was way behind my peers in terms of education. Not sure if this is a Catholic-school thing or MPB thing and things may have changed but I initially had trouble trying to catch up with things that I should have been taught.

Posted May 23, 2013

I used to like the school alot, but lately my views have changed. There are no sports programs at all. Alot of yelling by the teachers. One teacher gives h.w. on stuff she hasn't even taught the kids yet and more than half the students are failing her class. I am seriously considering pulling my kids out of this school.

Posted May 18, 2010

My granddaughter is getting a great education at Most Precious Blood School!!

Posted May 18, 2010

MPB feels like an extension to my family. My son is in third grade now, going to fourth. My daughter is finishing pre-k and loving her teachers! We are very happy being part of this loving community!

Posted May 11, 2010

Great faculty and teachers! Wonderful learning environment for children.

Posted May 10, 2010

The teachers are very concerned and care about the students.

Posted April 28, 2010

We have two kids in this school and we are very happy with the program,with the staff and the most important, discipline.... We do recommend this school,and we love it.......

Posted June 3, 2009

My son attended the preK program here this past year and I was very impressed. First, the teachers are wonderful and patient and they have willingly helped out on any issues my son has had. The children learn so much through hands on experimentation and observation of the real world. The school is very diverse and we had a very good group of kids and parents who were very interested in their children's experience and stayed very involved and helped eachother out. I really don't have anything bad to say.

Posted March 1, 2009

My daughter is in Kindergarten. She loves the school. The teacher and the teacher's assistant are wonderful. They encourage creativity, using their imagination and respect for others. The school also enforces a strong academic environment. The principal and her staff are accessible, concerned, and qualified. I have enrolled my daughter for first grade. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 30, 2009

Both of my children attend this school. I am happy with the academics and the environment. They do get homework and are tested on a regular basis. I have to disagree with that one review that said that the tutition is raised every few months -that is not true! All of the teachers that I have met so far are accomodating and will listen to your concerns during the entire school year, not just during report card time. I have had an open communication with all of the teachers that my children have had so far. I highly recommed this school!

Posted December 1, 2008

I am so proud of Most Precious Blood School. One of our eighth graders won a diocesan-wide essay contest about the blessings of Christmas. The grand prize was tickets to the annual Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular for her family and classmates. She wrote a beautiful essay detailing the true meaning of Christmas and the importance of giving to others. Thanks to the fine teachers at Most Precious Blood she learned the skills necessary to be a wonderful writer. There she also was taught the true meaning of Christmas and about all its blessings. Congratulations!

Posted November 28, 2008

I have my kid in this school and I am not very happy about it. I strongly believe that teaching methods and equipment are outdated, more fittig middle ages than 21st century. Students are required to memorize, not to conclude by themselves, teaching 'ex cathedra method'. Information are given only with a report cards. With every new year and new teacher there are new snack rules. I am for discipline but not to interfere with child's creativity. Students are afraid of some teachers. That may be why each year they enroll less and less students. Whole school looks dark and sad. More children laughter would definitely help but this is strictly discouraged. I am seriously considering moving my child to some other school.

Posted October 20, 2008

I am a sevetnh grader who just got out of MPB last year. I left this school because the teachers treat you all like a group, they dont give enough homework, the test are easy, and Mrs. Demaio does not know how to lead a school. The school is failing terribly. Every few months they raise the tution, and many teachers are quitting their jobs and the school refuses to hire new ones. There used to be 3 classses for every grade now there are 2 or only one. The school has went downhill since Mr. Bisconie has left. There are no sports at all. There is only one boys basketball team and there are absoulutley no girls sports. The teachers in the classes are teaching material that is for little kids. When i was in 6th grade they taught place value for a month. That is taught in 1st grade.

Posted October 15, 2008

MPB is a very organized school. It's not perfect, but they strive to be one. Faculty and staff are very concerned with students welfare, academic and spiritual needs.

Asian 15% N/A
Two or more races 9% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Barbara K. Demaio
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3252 37th Street