No rating

Our Lady Of The Snows School

Private | PK-8 | 73 students

Living in Queens

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $265,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,380.

Posted August 19, 2014

AMAZING HOW THE SCHOOL ERASES NEGATIVE REVIEWS EVERYTIME THEY ARE POSTED. SPEAKS VOLUMES OF THE DECEPTION TO THE PUBLIC. Just because I think that the new principal for September 2014 does not have enough teaching experience and left another school community as principal after a year for own personal gain. That is a character statement about dedication and loyalty.

Posted July 17, 2014

I think this a good school to go to. It helps and in prove u kids.

Posted June 24, 2014

I Will not recommend this school to my worst enemy, unless I want them to wast their hard earn money. Parent have to put the principal and her teachers on a pedestal for doing a favor by teaching these minorities students.

Posted May 14, 2014

Leaving your child following dismissal time on numerous occasions without any explanation or when you may arrive leaves the school office with a preschooler afraid and worried. Ignoring school request/suggestion to register for after school care is the issue here. Many parents are pleased to sign up for after care for one, two or three hours where children socialize and are happy together. The administration at OLS is caring, helpful and attentive to parents and children.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 11, 2014

If u want to waste money on your kid this is right school to send your kid main person who is charge is hungry for money if u pick up child late she ask money up front when I went to pick up my child she told me she'll call police for abandon a child u tell me parent is late so you'll call police

Posted May 4, 2014

I have found OLS to be an excellent school. I have one child who went through OLS and is now in a leading Catholic high school. The rigorous workload at OLS was very good preparation for succeeding in secondary education. I have another child at OLS currently. The teachers are very capable, and many with long tenure at the school. Although the principal is leaving at the end of this school year after serving 28 years, she has built it into a highly regarded institution, with healthy student population and financials, and top performance scores. I am certain OLS will remain a school with strong academics and close sense of community into the future.

Posted May 1, 2014

Sending my children to Our Lady of the Snows was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. The education they have received is second to none. In addition to the strong academic standards, the teachers and principal consistently reinforce the importance of being good, respectful, moral people. OLS is a great school, and I am happy that my family has been a part of this wonderful community!

Posted April 9, 2014

This school is a joke. If you are a working parent you are looked down upon. They only cater to stay at home moms who have the time to do the forced volunteer work. If you have to work so you can afford to send your child to this school in the first place you are punished by having to pay an extra $500 for the year. The principle is too old and needs to retire. She is set in her old ways and it is holding this school back. It really is a shame because i was looking forward to having my children grow up in the loving and support environment a Catholic school can prove. This school only cares about the money.

Posted March 21, 2014

I never recommend any kids to go to this school.teachers are very rude.They are not supportive in studies

Posted June 20, 2013

School is oaky. However, the principal does not support parents are students. If your child needs extra help, the school has no extra services. The teachers does not take the time time to ensure that that the children understand the material before moving on. Instead, if your child is not doing well, your child is asked to leave the school. There is no action plan put in place to try to help your child do better academically before, being asked to leave the school. The teachers and princapl do not take the time to try to meet with the parent first to discuss teh concerns of the child. This school will only keep children in theor school that can maintain a 85 and better in all subjects. If your looking for a school that has a open door policy and that will help your chil, if there struggling in a specfic area; do not send them to this school. They will not get the help they need.

Posted May 23, 2013

School is ok, but the Principal supports the stupidity of the class teacher and don't care about parents concern ,i can't believe principal tells the parent to leave the child out side of the office carelessly like if the student is a lifeless package,absolutely rude

Posted November 27, 2010

Great school unless your child needs any type of special services or does not do well. Then you are out of luck and asked to leave. There are some VERY good teachers at Snows but there are others that just want to slide by and will not go above the required. Funny how a C student is told to improve or else but a C teacher is carried along by the A teachers. Parent involvement is in the form of "Mandatory Volunteering". If you don't vounteer you get charged.

Posted April 19, 2010

The care and personal attention put into each child truly makes my family feel as we are part of the school community

Posted February 4, 2010

I went to OLS and now have a daughter in OLS. I love it! The teachers are fantastic and I really feel an unbelievable sense of home when I bring my daughter to school. OLS gave me a superior education. In fact, I enjoyed my time at OLS so much that it inspired me to become a teacher, and am proud to say that I teach in a Catholic School!

Posted November 4, 2009

My two daughters goes to this school and I am very impressed with their education level and the great teachers at OLS.

Posted September 2, 2008

I went to this school and i liked it. But the the teachers are too harsh on you in 7th & 8th grade. They should relax more and have a fun time teaching. Not yelling and screaming.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 29, 2008

Great school, 7th grade teachers are serious. The children will profit from this in 8th grade and high school.

Posted October 30, 2007

Students have too much homework in addition to studying for tests. I love to spend time with my child doing homework and studying but it's been overwhelming. I believe at least 70% of school's curriculum is done at home by parents.

Posted April 1, 2007

Great location and parents are very involved. The only downfall is that teachers are unrealistic. They forget in the upper grades that education is just as important as teaching love and kindness. I think the staff and principal should take continuing education courses.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 4, 2006

Good Education. School stresses English, Math and Science. Seventh grade teaches are unrealistic in the homework and projects. I have one child in the school and I that graduated and seventh grade was the worst year for both.

Asian 39% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Roberta Oberle
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

79-33 258th Street