K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

The school should close for lack of progress and innovation when it comes to the children in attendance! The Priest is not willing to support the school and finds all sorts of excuses why he cant. The Principal is not willing to confront the Priest, for fear of losing her job. ...and I'm not sure what the Board does!

Amount of homework: Disagree

For a Pre-K and Kindergarten parent, I have found that the amount of homework at this age was overbearing for the Child as well as the parent in attempting to get the homework completed.

All they care about is collecting money. The Principal is cold and the administrators have dropped the ball on us one too many times. I saw more progress in my child's academic progression when she was in a free childcare program. They are a small community, very cliquey and very selective about the children they spend time encouraging. I'm emotionally distraught after having sent my child here. Both emotionally and financially taxing.

Parent: I decided to have my 4 year old attend the pre-k program here because I thought he would have the best of both worlds(a great education and the opportunity to learn about God)...boy was I wrong. ..my son is having such a hard time in this school the teacher is not easy to deal with and God forbid if your child acts like a 4 year old. ..they get picked and separated like an outcast.....and if you're not apart of the community forget it your kid gets left out of most of the activities....I will be taking my son out of this school. .....biggest regret

I have to say that I'm very disappointed with my experience as a parent at St. Camillus. Now that I'm a member of this school's community I can honestly say that I feel as though the majority of these great ratings were probably written by staff members or friends of staff. The ONLY difference between St. Camillus and a public school - besides how expensive it is - is the fact that our children learn about God. They don't serve lunch, so its $3.50 per day for lunch if you want your child to have lunch. They don't offer the after-school activities they said they do, there is no aftercare and forget about it all together if your child has any kind of food allergies because there is "no budget" for an after school school nurse; They are always requesting additional funding for one thing or another; God-forbid you express a concern about something! I was told by the Principal that perhaps I was being too sensitive and that the matter wasn't meant the way I had taken it despite her not being present and it's almost as though I've been excommunicated ever since. While I genuinely appreciate comradry and cohesiveness within a school - an objective principal is imperitave when dealing with such a tight knit and small school. The principal is strictly for her teachers and her open door swings only one way and kicks you and your concerns right out of her office should you say anything about an inappropriate behavior of one of her teachers. I'm very saddened by my experience here. I will be transferring my child out midway through the year.

Develops character: Agree

I will say that despite our negative experiences, I notice that my daughter is developing nicely as it relates to being a virtuous little girl.

This school has done a 360 since Principal Kennedy took over. She is doing a great job and I love how she interacts with the students. Wish she was there when my son started but he will be graduating.

My child has been attending this school for a number of years now. I have always felt in my heard that i would rate this school at 5 stars. To date something has happened with the school to change my feeling. As a perent i feel this school is going down hill, and it is time to hit the road sorry to say. Right now i give this school one BIG star.

So far, so good. My kids started attending saint Camillus this year. It definitely is a close knit environment and you really get to know the teachers and principal. I must say that the staff is top rate and are always willing to answer any and all questions regarding your child. The Class Jump service is second to none, my wife and I use it daily to do our kids homework and monitor their projects and assignments. My son is 6 years old and LOVES IT!!! I hope all continues to go as the first eight months experience and look forward to him graduating in the future. Thank you Saint Camillus!!!

When I came into this school a few years ago, I was bullied relentlessly by the children who are well known in the school. It was apparent that the teachers that I had didn't have any type of training in detecting bullying. But then again, they weren't so nice to me during my elementary days. When I moved to Junior high things became a bit better for me. I started having bonds with teachers that truly inspired me. After I graduated with honors, I took away many things from this school: strength, challenging academic endeavors and confidence. Even though I disliked the students and some of my teachers, am on my way to becoming valedictorian in high school because of them.

Last modified St Camillus School is a Private school that serves grades K-8