Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 29, 2015
I don't understand why kids are being given so many activities in school such as music, art, theater, dance and Italian and anything else I might had missed. They need more time on math and reading. The State Test are hard enough and kids feel like they are rushing from one thing to another. Can teachers concentrate more on topics that the kids will be testing on ? I understand it's important to have other activities but can it be limited to two or even three? What is this school trying to prove by having so many activities ? I can always put my child in an after school program if I wanted him to have theater, music, or dance. He is in school because I need him to get an education and yes I do work with him at home.

Ps 58 School Of Heroes 5

Posted November 22, 2015
Me gusta mucho la escuela es el primer año que mi hijos lo cursa en esa escuela el esta cursando PREK lo que no me gusta es salen muy tarde alas 2:40,pero en frío nos dejan mucho tiempo pero es muy buena escuelaa gracias por todo el apoyo

Posted November 20, 2015
The school is great. Teachers are great and the kids look happy. The only problem is, why is it taking so long to fix the temperature in some of the classrooms. I have been there three times and the classroom are so warm. I have been there when the weather was warm outside and was told that the AC was broken. It was broken last year too. How long does one have to wait? My child comes home and tells me that it was hot in the classroom. I asked if the other students were hot too and the answer was yes. It makes them tired and sleepy. Maybe that's why they are having a hard time focusing ? It's our job to help our kids at home with their homework and making sure they eat well and get enough sleep so they can function well in school. Isn't it the school's job to make sure that the environment is suited for kids to learn? Let's face it, classes have 30 to 32 kids. The air quality is terrible, if one kid gets sick the others will follow quickly because everyone is squeezed in. I'm worried that when the common core exams come, the kids will not only have to deal with the stress of taking it but being uncomfortable with the air quality too. Please fix the problem. We can complain to the teachers but it's up to the school to fix it.

Ps 58 School Of Heroes 1

Posted November 18, 2014
My child went here for four years, he was a December child so one of the youngest in class. Every year I tried to get his extra help because every year he was below grade level. I had a meeting with the staff in the IEP room at the end of June. The teacher said he was working at a second grade level, (he would be going into forth grade in September). I asked for extra help or keep him back a year. They told me he would have to be doing first grade work before they could help him. How can you send him on and not help him. They said let see his third grade result on the state test. I did wait he got a 2 on math and a 1 on English both are below grade level. I decided to move him to a different school and put him back to third grade. I did ask P.S. 58 would you have kept him back after they saw his results they said no. The principle never met me once to talk about my child. I did like the teachers my son had. We have to fight for out kids education we are our kids advocate .

Posted June 12, 2014
I was extremely disappointed this week with the school! The children worked hard on fundraisers to earn a carnival . It is cancelled Tuesday due to rain in the forecast and rescheduled for Wednesday when several classes already had trips scheduled and my kindergarten daughter had to miss the carnival. That was very unfair !

Posted June 11, 2014
I'm not too happy with this school one of the ladies in the front office have a very bad attitude and worrying wat I do with my child this is my concern wat I do

Ps 58 School Of Heroes 5

Posted May 28, 2014
This is my child's 4th year at PS58. My child had never have any bully issues. PS58 provides class like dance, Italian, gym, art, music and computer. I have to agree that the principal is not very approachable tho. Great teachers and strong PTA. My child was well prepared for the state tests. Thumbs up for the teachers!

Posted April 08, 2014
I would agree with most parents that the principal is terrible. However though, the teachers are very helpful and friendly. there's never much of a bullying issue. This school is a safe enviorment for kids. the lunch aids are nice and I would reccommend this school to parents.

Posted April 03, 2014
Most of the teachers are great but there are a few bad apples in the bunch. The principal is horrible. She is not friendly at all and is so fake. She only cares about herself and not the kids, especially the kids in special ed. If she could get rid of them she would. She takes away therapy rooms and equipment but makes art rooms. God forbid you ever try to have a meeting with her you will get the runaround. She is golden and you can't get close enough to her. The school is clean. The security guards, school aides and paras are great. The only problem with the school is Tripoli. She needs to go.

Ps 58 School Of Heroes 1

Posted June 28, 2013
I wonder why the school is going away down in grading and why the principal is been investigated. no communication, graded so called classes but no member of staff can tell you how there graded .they give a six week program of help for ela but it the same kids every year the ones where there parents shout louder and the parent get involved in nothing and good for mr bloomburg for grading the teacher the princip[al and teacher hopefully get weeded out and the all kids might get a proper education and Fair one like what they deserve.

Ps 58 School Of Heroes
72-24 Grand Avenue, Queens, NY  11378
Last modified Ps 58 School Of Heroes is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.