Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,011

Posted November 18, 2014
My child went here for four years, he was a December child so one of the youngest in class. Every year I tried to get his extra help because every year he was below grade level. I had a meeting with the staff in the IEP room at the end of June. The teacher said he was working at a second grade level, (he would be going into forth grade in September). I asked for extra help or keep him back a year. They told me he would have to be doing first grade work before they could help him. How can you send him on and not help him. They said let see his third grade result on the state test. I did wait he got a 2 on math and a 1 on English both are below grade level. I decided to move him to a different school and put him back to third grade. I did ask P.S. 58 would you have kept him back after they saw his results they said no. The principle never met me once to talk about my child. I did like the teachers my son had. We have to fight for out kids education we are our kids advocate .

Ps 58 School Of Heroes 4

Posted June 27, 2014
My biggest concern with the school is the fact that you have to drop off the kids in the morning in the school yard. Parents are not allowed inside the gates. There are not enough guards or teachers supervising the kids. I am concerned with the second graders in the mix with the older kids. I have seen how the school yard gets in the morning and I am worry about my child who is small. Not to mention that the teachers don't come out on time and most of us have to find parking and then rush out to get to work. If we have to make sure our kids are there by 8:10 shouldn't the teacher make sure that they are there by 8:10 as well? For the first few weeks they are but then it starts to get sloppy again. Can't they keep the second graders with the smaller kids ? Who is inside the gate protecting the smaller kids from the older ones ? Why not allow parents with children in second grade inside the gate ? Give us one pass that shows we have a second grader and this way we can ensure their safety. If the older kids saw more adult supervision then maybe they would be on their best behavior or maybe think twice before doing something foolish.

Posted June 12, 2014
I was extremely disappointed this week with the school! The children worked hard on fundraisers to earn a carnival . It is cancelled Tuesday due to rain in the forecast and rescheduled for Wednesday when several classes already had trips scheduled and my kindergarten daughter had to miss the carnival. That was very unfair !

Posted June 11, 2014
I'm not too happy with this school one of the ladies in the front office have a very bad attitude and worrying wat I do with my child this is my concern wat I do

Ps 58 School Of Heroes 5

Posted May 28, 2014
This is my child's 4th year at PS58. My child had never have any bully issues. PS58 provides class like dance, Italian, gym, art, music and computer. I have to agree that the principal is not very approachable tho. Great teachers and strong PTA. My child was well prepared for the state tests. Thumbs up for the teachers!

Ps 58 School Of Heroes 4

Posted April 08, 2014
I would agree with most parents that the principal is terrible. However though, the teachers are very helpful and friendly. there's never much of a bullying issue. This school is a safe enviorment for kids. the lunch aids are nice and I would reccommend this school to parents.

Posted April 03, 2014
Most of the teachers are great but there are a few bad apples in the bunch. The principal is horrible. She is not friendly at all and is so fake. She only cares about herself and not the kids, especially the kids in special ed. If she could get rid of them she would. She takes away therapy rooms and equipment but makes art rooms. God forbid you ever try to have a meeting with her you will get the runaround. She is golden and you can't get close enough to her. The school is clean. The security guards, school aides and paras are great. The only problem with the school is Tripoli. She needs to go.

Posted June 28, 2013
I wonder why the school is going away down in grading and why the principal is been investigated. no communication, graded so called classes but no member of staff can tell you how there graded .they give a six week program of help for ela but it the same kids every year the ones where there parents shout louder and the parent get involved in nothing and good for mr bloomburg for grading the teacher the princip[al and teacher hopefully get weeded out and the all kids might get a proper education and Fair one like what they deserve.

Posted May 05, 2013
The teachers are great, but with a principal like Tripoli, the school is on a downward spiral. Tripoli is not a principal you will see greeting your kids in the schoolyard, at awards assemblies, or out and about at the school. You will see her driving into her parking spot at 8:10 while walking your kindergartener or 1st grader to the blue door. It's time for a new principal to breathe new life, direction, and morale into the school.

Ps 58 School Of Heroes 5

Posted April 13, 2013
It is so awesome! I recommend you to go to this school. Everything is ok in this school.

Ps 58 School Of Heroes
72-24 Grand Avenue, Queens, NY  11378
Last modified Ps 58 School Of Heroes is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 58 School Of Heroes Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top