Rochester, NY

Posted September 05, 2014
I completely disagree with the other parent about special needs students. My daughter has Autism and was placed this year in the Integrated classroom. This is our first year in Longridge and I only gave it 4 stars because we've only been here two days. If the level of commitment continues however I will be upping that to 5 stars definitely. I have been incredibly impressed with the diligence of the special education teacher Ms. Carroll. She has gone out of her way to make sure we had open communication between myself as a parent and the school. The first day of school she called me to let me know my daughter did fantastic and today she sent me an email saying that my daughter had another wonderful day and attached a picture of the artwork my daughter worked on today! So far, we have been very impressed with the level of communication and commitment of the teachers at the school.

Longridge School 1

Posted November 25, 2013
If your child has any special needs or requires any help whatsoever then this school should not be an option. Their scores are far below expectations, and keep the facilities just above shutdown level. There is zero level of communication between staff and most of them just fumble their way through the day. Although, they do smile and pretend like they are good with children in this age bracket. Quite the facade.

Posted October 09, 2013
We moved out of the City to Greece so our children can go to the best school we could possibly get them into.My daughter loves her school and cant wait for when her sisters will be older enough to go to school with her. This impresses me as she never has liked new places or people. Her kindergarten teacher, Ms. Camp**** is truly amazing. She is always available when we had any questions or concerns. Everyday My daughter would come home with stories of how her teacher made her happy that day. She has Ms. Baldas**** this year for 1st grade. its only been a month into the school year and she comes home and says her teacher is one of her best friends. Overall... This is a great school with great people and amazing teachers

Posted August 01, 2013
My Daughter is starting the second grade in Longridge this year. She has been there since kindergarten and LOVES school. I truly believe her love for learning comes from the awesome staff at this school. From the teachers to the lunch staff to the transportation department staff. I am so happy with this school that when I had to move during summer vacation I made sure that we stayed within this schools district.

Posted November 17, 2008
My eldest daughter is in Kindergarten here and she loves it. Her fabulous teacher was made to be a Kindergarten teacher. She takes them on walks around the neighborhood with parent volunteers and sends a letter home every week that is packed full of what they were working on in the classroom.

Posted May 27, 2008
This ismy son second year at Long Ridge and I think that the school is great. The teachers and staff care about my child and they have gone far and beyond what teachers are expected to do. When i go to visit LongRidge , I notice that students are happy, and content, that is a great smile.

Posted September 24, 2007

Posted September 09, 2007

Posted May 22, 2007

Posted October 01, 2006
my kids just started longridge this year but so for I think the teachers are doing a ok job with getting to know my kids and helping them fit in in.

Longridge School
190 Longridge Ave, Rochester, NY  14616
Last modified Longridge School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longridge School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top