Bad
Good

Posted October 09, 2013
This is an excellent school in a great neighborhood, with a wonderful focus on community. There are great opportunities for parents to volunteer whether it's in the classroom or at a school event. I have taken full advantage of these as much as I can including having lunch with my daughter 2-3 times a month. I am never disappointed in the kindness of the teachers and staff, the principal Mrs. Bavis is not only a great leader, but shows that she cares about the students and the Indian Landing community. In response to the 2 negative reviews, maybe getting more involved in the school will show you how great the teachers, staff, and programs are. They have a great ongoing "Partners in Pride" program and have started a new daily kindness challenge. They offer free Suzuki string classes, and the HSA/PTA host fun events for the kids every month. I wouldn't choose for my children to go to any other school system than Penfield.

Posted September 16, 2013
I love this school because the teachers are amazing! I love this school because the Parents are amazing. I love this school because the Area is amazing. I really love this school because the KIDS are amazing! I visited my childrens classes many times last school year and cannot wait to sit in again this year. I love being able to show up for surprise visits to have lunch with my children whenever I want without even calling ahead. 6 years ago I scouted schools everywhere in the NY PA NJ area looking to find what schools would be best for my children and Indian Landing and the follow on schools sold My Wife and I and we bought a house near to the school. We didn't care that the Taxes were around $10-20K because we love the area and love most of the people here. I read someone's review about kids not wearing seat belts on the school bus being against the law, but it is the opposite the Law says the belts must be available but it is a choice and I tell my children not to wear them when on the school bus because I believe you have a better chance of surviving an accident if you are not trapped in the bus and I am pretty sure that is why it is a choice.

Indian Landing Elementary School 1

Posted February 13, 2013
There is something seriously wrong with Indian Landing Elementary School!. They don't allow parents to observe classes, go into the classrooms, or even allow us to WALK OUR CHILD TO THEIR CLASSROOM. The buses are over crowded and DO NOT HAVE MONITORS! MY SONS BUS HAS 55 KIDS ON IT, and only the bus driver to control that many 5-11yr olds?! YOU DON'T THINK FOR SAFETY PURPOSES THERE SHOULD BE A MONITOR ON THAT BUS?! I don't care if there isn't anything that "legally makes you" or not! The kids don't have to wear seat belts and that's ILLEGAL! They preach about bus safety, yet don't really seem to care about the kids. THEY need to do what's in the best interests of the kids, and they are NOT! Their policies are backwards and I think they are hiding something they don't want the parents to find out, and never underestimate a mother's ability to FIND STUFF OUT!!

Posted April 12, 2011
Indian Landing is an amazingly warm, welcoming school with a real feeling of close-knitness that is difficult to come by. The teachers we have dealt with thus far have been kind and warm but also able to be firm when required. And everyone on the staff seems truly committed to the positive academic and social development of the individual child. Indian Landing is very proactive about providing additional services to children who are need them, parents never need to 'fight' to get additional services/resources for their children! They have a number of excellent schoolwide programs such as StopBullying-Speak Up, Partner's Praise and Citizen of The Month that promote positive social behavior and emphasize caring and helping. Terri Connell, the principal is very involved... she knows both kids and parents by name and can usually be seen out of her office, interacting with the kids and the staff. She is very caring and has always been incredibly receptive to me as a parent. The staff at IL have always made me feel like my opinion really counted, I never felt dismissed or bullied- Parent involvement is welcomed! 10 out of 10!

Indian Landing Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2011
the principles rude and unkind and the children bully my child 24/7. no one ever does anything. the teachers also teach things and never help kids who dont under stand.

Posted September 16, 2008
Great school, lots of involvement by teachers, administrators and parents. Alumni often visit. Curriculum assists in moving up to junior high, and very interactive and exciting, for the most part, for the kids

Indian Landing Elementary School 4

Posted January 03, 2008
Indian Landing is a terrific School, with wonderful, caring teachers. Top-notch curriculum. Also, the school is full of down-to-earth families. I highly recommended!

Posted June 08, 2005
I love this small community school. In 2 years we've been here, all teachers have been so loving and caring, focusing on the whole child. Music for first graders has been provided twice per week, and art once. There are frequent visits to the computer lab. There are many opportunities, even at this young age to become involved in extra-activities, like chess club, or working wiith a parent during a social event. Walk into the school at any given moment, and parents are in abundance. They are a welcome force! Thank you Indian Landing! I'm rating prinicpal leadership at a 3 because a long standing principal retired 2 years ago, then a brand new one came in. She resigned after a year and a half and the school year ended with a substitute.

Indian Landing Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2005
Fantastic school. Very child friendly, Teaches ethics as well as academics. Very music oriented. Quality Teachers. Located in neighborhood. Playground, soccer fileds. YMCA program right at the school thru 6th grade(will bus). Drama club, outdoor winter activities in gym and intermuralsw. Many opportunities to play instruments, act, chorus, clubs etc..

Indian Landing Elementary School
702 North Landing Road, Rochester, NY  14625
Last modified Indian Landing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.