1. Issues are swept under the rug.
2. After principal Palermo left, the school is out of control. The current principal & vice principal walks around all day with a walkie talkie like they are working. Or, they aren't in the office to meet with parents.
3. The red (bad), yellow (so-so), and green (great) daily behavior process is a waste of time. Just call or email the parents from time with concerns about behavior. It's common sense.
4. Teachers don't answer calls or voicemails.
5. When problems arise between students in the classroom, most teachers send the children to another class without notifying parents.
6. The school lunch is not up to par. The lunchroom staff have to step their game up; I know you have rodents and other issues, I saw the reports online.
This school is very small and old. Clara Barton # 2 needs a makeover inside and out.
Hire staff that wants to teach and teach well.
Create an inviting environment for parents.
In my opinion, the school needs to close down.
- submitted by a parent
October 03, 2009
Identified needs in my child and help me fight to get him the best education. He is still in contact with English teacher