Rochester, NY

Posted September 09, 2013
I really like this school. My son is in the Map program in the 5th grade. His teachers are wonderful. They provide detailed email updates on a weekly basis and I am very satisfied with their program. However, I have to agree with the previous post that the principal could use a little lesson on people skills. I had a discussion with her last year about a concern and she was a little condescending and seemed a little uninterested.

School 23 Francis Parker 1

Posted August 15, 2013
School No. 23 has great parents, students, but some of the teachers are complacent and the principal is kurt and unapproachable. I asked her some questions regarding state exams and she told me she would follow up after she met with her team. Unfortunately, I am still waiting several months later. This school could be a great school given the community, students, and parents, however it will never reach it's full potential with it's current leadership.

Posted November 11, 2012
My daughters spent a few years here, and my son for preschool. What an amazing place.

School 23 Francis Parker 0

Posted May 01, 2009
I would agree about the principal and the kindergarten teacher Mrs. W. is awesome in her efforts to connect with every child.

Posted November 29, 2007
Principal is extremely involved with kids and works very hard to give them the best education and socialization opportunities. MAP programs study math and English 1 year ahead of grade. Very happy to have our son there, having moved him from a private school.

Posted August 21, 2006
My daughter was in kindergarten last year! Great experience, great teacher-parent relationship formed. Wonderful teacher Christine Williams! Great principle Mrs.Blocker. Everyone gets together for the children. Glad we chose #23 school for our daughter

Posted May 02, 2006
Francis Parker School is a small school (approximately 300 students) and has the advantages of the teachers and principals knowing each of the students personally. My daughter (a kindergartener) loves the school and has thrived there. The school's greatest treasure is the principal, who knows each child by name, who takes the time each week to review students' work and conduct reading circles with the youngest readers, and who supports the teachers and encourages them to the highest performance.

Posted February 11, 2005
We have 2 children at School #23. They have both attended since PreK and are presently in 3rd Grade and Kindergarten. School #23 is a place where children can excel. The principal is amazing and the teachers have been wonderful, very considerate and supportive in all aspects. The parental involvement coupled with the principal's support and drive make school #23 what it is, an incredible place for students to learn. I have nothing but the best things to say about Francis Parker #23 school and so do my kids, they love it here!

Posted February 03, 2004
My son has attend school #23 since he was in kinder. And he is currently in the 5th grade -- the teachers are pleasant and very involved with their students and classwork -- I love this school and I am so glad school #23 still has 6th grade -- I highly recommend school #23.

Posted December 13, 2003
First rate! My son has attended School 23 from 1st to 6th grade. I have met his teachers every year and have never been disappointed. I only wish he could stay there through high school.

School 23 Francis Parker
170 Barrington Street, Rochester, NY  14607
Last modified School 23 Francis Parker is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School 23 Francis Parker Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top