Posted May 15, 2012
Best overall education that we could find in a 50 mile radius of Catskill. And believe me when I say that we did a lot of research prior to moving from public education to private education! We visited schools, solicited feedback from parents, and spent countless hours talking to teachers and administrators. Again, St Mary's was the clear choice for our two boys. Religion was not a factor. We knew that we wanted to give our children a SOLID foundation in the elementary years. I mean SOLID in all senses of the word--academic, social, emotional, etc. We wanted them to develop a love of learning and sense of accountability for that learning--even as early as 5 years old. We wanted small class sizes, strong academics that could be tailored to each student, and high standards of behavior. Overall, we are very pleased. You will not find more dedicated and genuine teachers out there. The school is not fancy but it stresses the most important things--and does so very, very well.

Posted March 09, 2011
Best School Ever from the Principal to the teachers! My children have flourished. St. Mary's has built my children up, given them a strong foundation and an unbelievable education. Miss Molinelli is a wonderful Principal, she loves and cares for each child as if they were her own. My children have a safe and loving learning environment...FINALLY! Thank you St. Mary's for helping me raise honest, loving, intelligent children!

St Mary Of The Snow School 4

Posted December 26, 2010
Both my daughter and son attend St. Mary of the Snow. I am a pediatric Occupational Therapist and my husband is a Special Education?Seconday Math Teacher. While no school is perfect, St. Mary of the Snow is perfect for our family. The sense of community is great at this school. The teachers know all the children and the children know all the teachers and each other. My daughter has strived to achieve the goals that the school has set through friendly competition. Last year she won for the most books read at 135. Yet compassion and giving has also been installed in her through the assistance she provides to the kindergarten and 1st grade at lunch recess. My son's teacher and teacher's aide has dealt well with his high energy level and we all work together to get him to do his best. We are very thankful to all the teachers and the prinicple for all their hard work.

Posted December 01, 2010
this school has been the best school I have ever came to! my 2 boys go there after they were going to bennett, they had bad grades,hated school,and were completely unhappy. since the change to sms, they love school thier grades have gone up and the teachers are the MOST amazing people out there ,even my grandmother on grandparents day said"its such a warm place" I can speak to the principal almost evey time I call, and they keep you update weekly! best school in the WHOLE world!!!!

Posted November 18, 2010
St. Mary's has been a wonderful experience for us, currently we have two children there, they are in the 1st and 3rd grades. Both of us (parents) work full time and find that the extra effort on behalf of the teachers and their understanding of a families busy schedule helps to fill in where we sometimes cannot. Without a doubt the children are happy and academically challenged. The school provides an extremely positive environment where my children feel safe with strong sense of comradeship with their fellow students. Though we are not catholic we find the religious component an asset to their moral character. I wouldn't have them anywhere else.

Posted November 15, 2010
My son attends St. Mary of the Snow School and absolutely loves it! The teachers truly care about their students and are dedicated to the school. It is an old building, but it is very clean and in great condition. The principal is actively involved and enthusiastic. They have high academic and moral standards. They also encourage regular sport activities.

St Mary Of The Snow School 0

Posted February 08, 2009
My child attended this school. Although a few of the teachers were wonderful, the administration was biased, unprofessional, and disturbingly unchristian. Catholic schools need to be held to church standards: morality, honesty, integrity - which were questionable if not totally lacking in this school's administration.

Posted January 27, 2009
I went to school there and I loved it. The teachers are wonderful. They have student/teacher ratio so you receive excellent one on one attention. As far as social life:) they have dances for their students, after school activities, clubs, a bazaar every year, and also have bingo. The priest is a great guy and is involved with the student activities.

St Mary Of The Snow School 0

Posted January 11, 2009
Great School! We are so blessed to have found such an unbelievable school. Our children are so happy here. As for the other person saying it's too small...that's what you want for your child---more attention. Why do you think people hire tutors?...one on one attention! With less kids your chil gets more attention

St Mary Of The Snow School 4

Posted September 06, 2007
I am a parent of a current student and a former alumni of this great school. The teachers are some of the most caring individuals I have encountered. With caring and nurturing, the school provides structure and discipline which fosters moral and spiritual growth and encourages students to think for themselves. My son has never been discouraged from expressing his own views and it has been a pleasure to watch him grow under their guidance.

St Mary Of The Snow School
25 Cedar Street, Saugerties, NY  12477
Last modified St Mary Of The Snow School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary Of The Snow School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.