Schenectady, NY

Jessie T Zoller School 1

Posted March 29, 2014
On the first day of kindergarten my child left the building and was wondering in the parking lot hoping to find my car to go home. No one even knew he was missing until he was discovered by an adult outside. The office staff didn't tell me the whole story, made it sound like it was his fault entirely but thankfully his teacher was honest. Told me she sent 2 children out with her aid to the hallway to collect backpacks at a time. Apparently the aid could not count as she walked out with 2 children and came in with 1 and didn't notice. Then they put him on "red" for leaving the school building clearly blaming him. He was told they were getting ready to go home and did not realize he wasn't supposed to leave. I have since gotten rid of every single extra expense I could and enrolled him in private school. He will never set foot in another schenectady public school again.

Jessie T Zoller School 5

Posted March 20, 2008
Zoller was an excellent choice my husband and I made for our children. One in 2nd grade and the other in fourth, they have attended since Kindergarten. The level of education the Teacher's have is exemplary to any elementary school and the principal Jane Poklemba I cannot say enough about. She holds all children accountable to learning and creating a safe environment. I reccommend this school to anyone considering a Schenectady Elementary School.

Jessie T Zoller School 3

Posted September 28, 2005
Jessie T. Zoller School has for my two sons, been a mixed blessing. The teachers they have had (8 total) have been the most outstanding teachers I have ever known. They stay late, come in early and one even bought breakfast for a child every single day when her 'parent' didn't feed her. However, the principal at this school is an 'excellent administrator.' She refuses to allow fun field trips, because she says their job is to educate, however, she has both music concerts (spring and winter)during the day when working families can't attend. She is the sole reason we are leaving the district. The other major problem is parental involvement. In a school of over 500 students, there are 12 PTO members. At back to school night the average 'class size' is 7. 7 parents in a class of 30. On a scale of 5, Zoller's a 3.

Jessie T Zoller School
1880 Lancaster Street, Schenectady, NY  12308
Last modified Jessie T Zoller School is a Public school that serves grades 1-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jessie T Zoller School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top