PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Excellent learning experience with a sense of community throughout. Schenectady mailing address but actually in the suburb of Guilderland. Though Schenectady mailing address Guilderland, Albany County. It is special!

This school has been wonderful for our two children. The families of the children in this school all have similar family values and all of us value an excellent education. They are taught to have faith, to be kind, to have excellent manners and to be individuals. I never thought I would go the "Catholic school route" but it has been an excellent choice for our family. We have made friends that will last a lifetime and believe that our children are getting a superior education compared to our other options. Spanish class is great!!! The kids love the extracurricular activities: cooking club, drama club, bowling, etc. The gym teacher is wonderful, the music teacher is ultra-talented and art class is a pleasure for the kids. Select SMS for your kids!

After many open houses and much deliberation about where to send our 5yr old, I met with the principal of St. Madeleine Sophie School. She couldn't have been more attentive. She listened to every word I said. I realized my daughter would be an individual at this school, a school that is a perfect balance of acedemic excellence and tradition, a school that cares for her welfare and will guide her spiritual growth. I couldn't be happier with our decision to send her to this school. The amount of extracurricular activities available for the students is an added bonus. From cooking classes to dance and creative movement, from band to drama club to banking, bowling, not to mention the many others offered, this school is a home away from home for these kids.

I currently have 2 children in St. Madeleine Sophie School and 1 more on the way in! Many things come to mind when I think of SMS. First is Catholic Foundation that the school gives the children. Second is the higher standards of education that is received. Lastly is the safety of the children. Each of these areas St. Madeleine Sophie provides 110%. I would highly recommend this school.

I graduated from this school and now am in college. I learned alot from this school and am pleased my mother and father placed me there. The teachers are wonderful and helpful! I strongly encourage you place your child in this school. It teaches values and strong morals.

This school has been so wonderful for my children because they not only teach academics but values and tools children need to be great citizens of this world. They care about each student, and create a family atmosphere. I would highly recommend this school.

As the father of two graduates from St. Madeleine Sophie School, I would like you to know how pleased I was with the spiritual and educational experience my sons received while students there. The academic journey through St. Madeleine's takes place in an environment where children are taught that spirituality and Christian values are important throughout life. I have known many graduates from St. Madeleine's and one quality they all possess is the importance they place on spirituality. From the academic standpoint, dedicated and experienced faculty provide the basis for solid programs in math, science, reading, and foreign language. I credit much of my sons' success at the secondary level to the well rounded education they received at St. Madeleine's. I feel they left St. Madeleine's well prepared, confident and with the discipline required to excel and take on leadership roles at the high school level.

We watched our son grow in every aspect: faith, academics, personality, character, respect. St. Madeleine Sophie School helped us raise our child with the values we live every day. We thank God for the exceptional teachers and staff for their teaching abilities and their compassion for children. Our son moved on to ND-BG for middle school and is now entering high school there. He has always been in the top of his class and we couldn't ask for a more wonderful young man. His foundation came from God and St. Madeleine Sophie School.

St. Madeleine Sophie School provided my daughter a wonderful education in a faithful, safe and nuturing environment. They built on the values that she was taught at home. After graduating, she was able to take the knowledge learned there that was not only educational in nature but values that taught her to be a wonderful caring young lady. She excelled in middle school because of the solid background from SMS.

Last modified St Madeleine Sophie School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5