Seaford, NY
Before care: Yes

Posted September 08, 2014
I have experienced such a HORRIBLE experience with this school that I would not recommend it to anyone. The new Principal Mrs. Arpino does not care about the child, just about the tuition payments. The school has no polices or protocol for anything in writing, nor does Mrs. Arpino feel the need to do so. She refers you to the handbook which was printed ten years ago. My son was suppose to begin pre-k there and i was appalled with her unprofessionalism and that of some of the teachers that I would not even send him on the second day of school. Don't both asking this school questions, the answer you get it "I will get back to you". No thanks! I will take my money and go somewhere else.

Posted June 19, 2014
Maria Regina is getting a new principal. It will be number 9 in the past 21 years. When are they going to get it right???? My oldest child went and his three siblings went to St. William the Abbot. Much better school than Maria Regina.

Posted February 20, 2012
Wow! What a fantastic school.It is very nice and the schools way of teaching is phenomenal. I have my daughter in 7th grade now and she loves it!!!!! They give children a lot of freedom as well as discipline.

Posted January 09, 2012
When I first registered my children here, I was skeptical about all the negative reviews. Now that my children are in the school, I am skeptical about the rave reviews. The principal here should be better trained on how to handle the children that misbehave because it does affect the entire class. These rave reviews may sound wonderful but be sure to do your own research!

Posted January 06, 2012
Now starting our 11th year here and could not be happier. My children love the school and so do I. Warm, nurturing, environment. Extremely dedicated teachers and administration who help each child reach their potential. What more can you ask for? We have made friends for life here. Never once have we doubted whether this school is worth the sacrifice we have to make to send our children here.

Posted December 11, 2011
I have to agree with the review that the administration is very poor. My children are getting a wonderful education and that is why we stay year after year. However, this school does admit all the problem children. It does keep enrollment up. These children continually misbehave with no consequences. Of course every child is entitled to a Catholic Education! But there is absolutely no discipline here.

Posted December 09, 2011
As at teacher who has worked in both public and Catholic schools, I do not agree with the previous reviewers assesment of Maria. Regina School. As any educator knows there will always be children with behavioral issues. Does that mean that they do not have the right to a Catholic school education? Maria Regina and its' competent staff is willing to assist any child and help get them on the road to becoming succesful learners. By the way, I am not a member of the Parent Association.

Posted December 06, 2011
I do believe that most reviews are from the parents association. Yes - The teachers here are great! They truly are. However, the Administration is very poor. They will admit any child with behavioral issues just to keep up their enrollment. Do yourself a favor and explore all the catholic schools before settling for this one.

Maria Regina Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2011
I have spoken to children and their families who have left or graduated the school and appreciate and miss it. The teachers do a good job from their hearts. Do you think they make huge salaries? While many of them have their flaws (we all do), they care. I feel my child is safe there, genuinely learning. Whoever it was who said the Parents Association does nothing, get your facts straight. Their charter is to do fundraising. Doing so in times where people are just glad to pay their bills, they do a dam good job at doing it. Its easy for us to sit behind a keyboard and be critical. If you pulled your kid from the school, move on. I agree the Principal and Assistant Principal are not perfect, are you trying to tell me they any of us are? I have my own criticisms of them, trust me. Its easy for us to say while not being in their shoes. I see criticisms that are unfair and untrue. If you plan to be critical, come up with solutions and suggestions. Remember, its about our kids. In the end I am glad my children are at Maria Regina. I have heard more than one child say how much they miss it when leaving. And how well prepared they are for higher education as they move on.

Maria Regina Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2011
This school is full of flaws- the administration is awful- very phoney-and very hard to get a call back from. As far as education- I know many students that have to pay for private reading and math tutors because they are not getting enough help in school. Be skeptical of the rave reviews. These parents are probably on the parent assocoation which is run very poorly. My children have made good friends here, which is why I don't leave. Don't believe all the the things the school says it offers either- foreign language doesn't start until the upper grades and my kids don't bring home any artwork at all. I agree that the recess supervision is very poor- when I have volunteered I never see administration- the kids have NOTHING to play with- and very few parents show up for the amount of children.If a class doesn't have a parent volunteer- the school does nothing about it. They play in a parking lot with moving cars- Also- make sure you are not a minute late at dismissal- because your child will be let out of the building to wander in the parking lot- no teacher makes sure that a parent is picking them up-

Maria Regina Elementary School
4045 Jerusalem Avenue, Seaford, NY  11783
Last modified Maria Regina Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Maria Regina Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top