Setauket- East Setauket, NY

Posted June 14, 2015
I have nothing but praise for this school. This would be out last year at this school due to out of state relocation and we regret that we cannot continue this experience elsewhere. We have been at LHS for 4 years and it has been the most rewarding experience for me and my kids. As an immigrant parent, I do not take education for granted at all. Kids are expected to go to school in America but not elsewhere in the world. I found out about LHS by chance talking to a parent/client. I had been looking for a school with small class sizes, so my son would get the extra help he needed, since he was classified as special needs by the public school system. He is leaving the school now reading 2 grades above level and advanced in math as well. The beauty of LHS is the all round education, not just English, math and sciences. My seven year old can demonstrate at least 7 yoga poses-yes you read right, yoga. He even meditates. He did not learn that at home but from Mr. L. These kids have 45 minutes of phys. ed at least 3 times a week and are let outside everyday if the weather permits. The teachers are very hands-on and promote each child individually. I wish this experience could be replicated elsewhere and that every child would get a chance to experience education the way we have. As a busy parent and a physician, LHS took over my kids and raised them for me and sent them back each day better than the previous day. I will continue to be thankful about our experience here and will not hesitate to enroll again if I ever happen to return to the state.

The Laurel Hill School 1

Posted February 24, 2015
I had about $1800 worth of credit left when my youngest son had to leave Laurel Hill school prematurely a few years ago. I have been trying to get my money back since summer 2014 and now it's February 2015 I still couldn't get anything back. They still hold my money even after I told them that It would be OK to give the portion of my credit back to me. Really frustrated. Be very careful when you need to put money in their bank. You probably never see them again.

Posted February 08, 2015
Our children are receiving a premiere education by caring and innovative teachers and staff. Laurel Hill instills great confidence in our children. They are not only growing academically but their whole person is being developed. Laurel Hill is an extension of our home. We are very pleased and comforted to know they are in such able and loving hands each day.

Posted December 01, 2014
Laurel Hill School has been, and continues to be, a great fit for our family. The caring teachers and administration help all of the students learn how to achieve their own highest academic performance. The school produces well rounded students with critical thinking, writing, mathematics, foreign language and creative arts as part of every grade's curriculum. Every grade employs a small-class size, close student/teacher interaction, individualized studies and independent learning. There are opportunities such as micro-society, the mentor program and teaching to the student's academic level which can not be found elsewhere. All of this in a neighborhood school with an excellent learning environment free from bullying.

Posted July 28, 2014
My sons attend The Laurel Hill School. they entered the school mid-year as we were deeply concerned about thier progress inthe public school system. It was a life and life learning change for both of them. the love, care and challenges they have been confronted with have inspired them to be commited lifelong learners. We could not be more impressed.

Posted July 27, 2014
All parents wish the best for their children. This desire was greatest for our children in the choice of school they were to attend. Following were words of acknowledgment of The Laurel Hill School in our sons valedictory address: We walked through these doors approximately 4 years ago as freshmen, clueless to what the future had in store Although unaware, we as students had been primed for this day ever since elementary school and thankfully we would overcome many obstacles. My very first teacher, Ms. Diamant and my headmasters, Mr. & Mrs. Robert Stark at The Laurel Hill School flung wide open the windows of discovery and the door to lifelong learning. Through them along with my parents, the mindset that mediocrity wasn t an option was instilled and has helped me to develop into the person I am today and more importantly, the person I will become in the future. From kindergarten to senior year, I have met and formed connections with some amazing individuals. I would like to thank Mr. & Mrs. Stark, Laurel Hill and the teachers here for encouraging me to put forth complete effort, 100% of the time. We wanted and received the best and more from The Laurel Hill School.

Posted August 01, 2013
My child has just finished his second year at Laurel Hill (after leaving the first time to try our public school.) He will be entering into 6th grade in the fall. I can not say enough about the incredible experience we have had at Laurel Hill. I enrolled my child at Laurel Hill in Pre-school. He attended until 3rd grade. Our experience was just wonderful. He was in a classroom with 16 students and TWO teachers! Needless to say, he received an enormous amount of one-on-one attention. Because of this individualized instruction, he was able to move a grade level ahead in English and Math. We live close to Laurel Hill and we kept hearing how great the school district was. So, in 3rd grade we decided to try our public school. It was a very disappointing experience. My son was no longer given the opportunities to exceed beyond what the "average" student was doing. The curriculum was not at all challenging. He felt he was sitting with nothing to do while the teacher was occupied with other children who were struggling. When we mentioned this to the teacher she suggested bringing a book from home to entertain himself. After 2 years of this, we knew we had to return to Laurel Hill.

Posted March 04, 2013
Every school should be like Laurel Hill School. The teachers are phenomenal, the children learn academics, current events and how to be good citizens. The children are all academic achievers because they are all trying to do as good as each other, the end result is they all win. Excellence is rewarded, as well as hard work. I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 09, 2013
As a teacher at the Laurel Hill School, I can say that we have an amazing staff of dedicated professionals that go out of their way each and every day to ensure the success of EVERY child. We are always on the forefront of educational advancement and are well-supported by the Headmaster and Director of Educational Development. Our school is unique in that we offer programs for infants through 8th grade. Our Middle School is far superior to most other Secondary Schools. Our graduates have outstanding student resumes that they acquire as a result of actual academic acheivement, leadership, mentorship and character. Many of our graduates have received full scholarships to prestigious college preparatory schools and are highly sought after because they are well-rounded and well-prepared. Our elementary school provides a wonderful foundation for learning and most of our students would be considered advanced by public school standards. Our pre-school and infant programs are fun and engaging and the children are really learning. I know I'm biased, but check us out and see for yourself.

The Laurel Hill School 3

Posted January 21, 2012
In some areas it's very good, but all too often it misses the big picture. The good thing is that they individualize for children's academic needs. The bad: way too many nonsense projects and things that end up being a burden for the parents. All that could be overlooked if it didn't take away from important homework and critical elements that need to be learned to do well on state tests and in general. Crucial basic foundations are not stressed enough. They are too concerned with other things that are not that important or are better suited for after school activities. To sum it up, this very expensive school has way too much frosting and not enough cake for my taste.

The Laurel Hill School
201 Old Town Road, Setauket- East Setauket, NY  11733
Last modified The Laurel Hill School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Laurel Hill School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top