Setauket- East Setauket, NY

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted July 14, 2015
my son is only 3 so not much homework yet but we did get projects to do together

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
the teachers show compassion and I believe you learn through example. the older students are always so polite in the hallway and helpful

Posted July 14, 2015
I cannot say enough about Laurel Hill and how wonderful the teachers and staff is.. my son has speevh issues and as soon as I informed the teacher they gave me updates everyday. Mrs.Reese was so understanding , and helpful as i am a first time mother and a slight noratic. no one pressured me to leave my child crying the first days they all just helped us both adjust. A school is not only made up of teachers the administrative people are wonderful. I know that without Amy whom is the assistant to everyone i would not have madd it through.. she was always there to check on my son and let me know all was okay. the education is nothing but wondeful as well . the toddlers get to still be toddlers but learn along the way.. Just a wonderful school and camp in the summertime

Posted June 14, 2015
I have nothing but praise for this school. This would be out last year at this school due to out of state relocation and we regret that we cannot continue this experience elsewhere. We have been at LHS for 4 years and it has been the most rewarding experience for me and my kids. As an immigrant parent, I do not take education for granted at all. Kids are expected to go to school in America but not elsewhere in the world. I found out about LHS by chance talking to a parent/client. I had been looking for a school with small class sizes, so my son would get the extra help he needed, since he was classified as special needs by the public school system. He is leaving the school now reading 2 grades above level and advanced in math as well. The beauty of LHS is the all round education, not just English, math and sciences. My seven year old can demonstrate at least 7 yoga poses-yes you read right, yoga. He even meditates. He did not learn that at home but from Mr. L. These kids have 45 minutes of phys. ed at least 3 times a week and are let outside everyday if the weather permits. The teachers are very hands-on and promote each child individually. I wish this experience could be replicated elsewhere and that every child would get a chance to experience education the way we have. As a busy parent and a physician, LHS took over my kids and raised them for me and sent them back each day better than the previous day. I will continue to be thankful about our experience here and will not hesitate to enroll again if I ever happen to return to the state.

The Laurel Hill School 1

Posted February 24, 2015
I had about $1800 worth of credit left when my youngest son had to leave Laurel Hill school prematurely a few years ago. I have been trying to get my money back since summer 2014 and now it's February 2015 I still couldn't get anything back. They still hold my money even after I told them that It would be OK to give the portion of my credit back to me. Really frustrated. Be very careful when you need to put money in their bank. You probably never see them again.

Posted February 08, 2015
Our children are receiving a premiere education by caring and innovative teachers and staff. Laurel Hill instills great confidence in our children. They are not only growing academically but their whole person is being developed. Laurel Hill is an extension of our home. We are very pleased and comforted to know they are in such able and loving hands each day.

Posted December 01, 2014
Laurel Hill School has been, and continues to be, a great fit for our family. The caring teachers and administration help all of the students learn how to achieve their own highest academic performance. The school produces well rounded students with critical thinking, writing, mathematics, foreign language and creative arts as part of every grade's curriculum. Every grade employs a small-class size, close student/teacher interaction, individualized studies and independent learning. There are opportunities such as micro-society, the mentor program and teaching to the student's academic level which can not be found elsewhere. All of this in a neighborhood school with an excellent learning environment free from bullying.

Posted July 28, 2014
My sons attend The Laurel Hill School. they entered the school mid-year as we were deeply concerned about thier progress inthe public school system. It was a life and life learning change for both of them. the love, care and challenges they have been confronted with have inspired them to be commited lifelong learners. We could not be more impressed.

Posted July 27, 2014
All parents wish the best for their children. This desire was greatest for our children in the choice of school they were to attend. Following were words of acknowledgment of The Laurel Hill School in our sons valedictory address: We walked through these doors approximately 4 years ago as freshmen, clueless to what the future had in store Although unaware, we as students had been primed for this day ever since elementary school and thankfully we would overcome many obstacles. My very first teacher, Ms. Diamant and my headmasters, Mr. & Mrs. Robert Stark at The Laurel Hill School flung wide open the windows of discovery and the door to lifelong learning. Through them along with my parents, the mindset that mediocrity wasn t an option was instilled and has helped me to develop into the person I am today and more importantly, the person I will become in the future. From kindergarten to senior year, I have met and formed connections with some amazing individuals. I would like to thank Mr. & Mrs. Stark, Laurel Hill and the teachers here for encouraging me to put forth complete effort, 100% of the time. We wanted and received the best and more from The Laurel Hill School.

Posted August 01, 2013
My child has just finished his second year at Laurel Hill (after leaving the first time to try our public school.) He will be entering into 6th grade in the fall. I can not say enough about the incredible experience we have had at Laurel Hill. I enrolled my child at Laurel Hill in Pre-school. He attended until 3rd grade. Our experience was just wonderful. He was in a classroom with 16 students and TWO teachers! Needless to say, he received an enormous amount of one-on-one attention. Because of this individualized instruction, he was able to move a grade level ahead in English and Math. We live close to Laurel Hill and we kept hearing how great the school district was. So, in 3rd grade we decided to try our public school. It was a very disappointing experience. My son was no longer given the opportunities to exceed beyond what the "average" student was doing. The curriculum was not at all challenging. He felt he was sitting with nothing to do while the teacher was occupied with other children who were struggling. When we mentioned this to the teacher she suggested bringing a book from home to entertain himself. After 2 years of this, we knew we had to return to Laurel Hill.

201 Old Town Road, Setauket- East Setauket, NY  11733
Last modified The Laurel Hill School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Laurel Hill School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top