Staten Island, NY

Posted May 16, 2013
is the best school both my children are so hapy the pre-k teachers are amazing very nicely with children.god bless this school

Posted March 21, 2013
My son loves his school, He has a caring and professional teacher , He was attending a catholic school and in PS 13 for the first time he has been coming home excited about what he is learning, his reading has improved so much and he loves math , the staff is great and the principal is very dedicated to the kids progress and well being ,I wish this school had more financial support to take it to the next level, this is the kind of schools that should be supported to make the education in NYC better ,I am very happy I made the change.

Ps 13 M L Lindenmeyer 3

Posted January 02, 2013
what an amazing school that was.it was awesome incredible and fabulous. I will always remember that school

Ps 13 M L Lindenmeyer 1

Posted September 07, 2012
This will be my daughters second year attending this school and not by choice. My daughter is in the first grade, unfortunately she wanted to stay in this school for her friends.Her kindergarten year she went through 3 teacher.. one who retired a month after the school year started and one out on medical leave and the teacher who took over the class. i feel for kindergarten students this is not acceptable. Secondly i believe this school is very unorganized with everything that occurs in this school, whether its the first to the last day. Everything is in shambles. Even now starting the first grade and going back to this school for the second year in a row... it is still very unorganized. The principal as well isnt a very pleasant person, you can not approach him and ask questions, his attention is not on you when you try to speak with him. The principal as well put himself inbetween person business, that had nothing to do with him! that there left a bad taste in my mouth, amongst everything else wrong with this school. there is no reason for a principal to be inbetween a broken family issue and take sides. Only very few staff members are pleasant.

Posted March 31, 2012
Great principal, very involved and accessible. It is apparent that he works hard to make the school the best it can be. With great dedicated teachers and staff this school has the perfect recipe for success! Very pleased with my daughter's grades and the amount of preparation for the state tests.

Posted September 09, 2011
the best school the teacher gave me money for my child beacause he needed money for the book fair my son was so smart we had to give him a lot of math

Posted May 22, 2011
Both of my Kids go to this school. 1st grade and Kindergarten. They are doing so well in reading and math. The Teachers are outstanding and the Principal is so welcoming. i would give this school 10 out of 10.

Ps 13 M L Lindenmeyer 4

Posted April 04, 2011
I'm a student here at p.s.13,senior in fact and i love my teacher ms.Faiella and this school.this is my last year and 7th year here.I am reading on a 6th grade level and this is because of my teacher and how helpful and nice they are and they take the time to tech me new things.i will miss p.s.13 a lot wen i go to 6th grade but ill always remember it.Luv yah p.s.13!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 16, 2011
Well both of my children go to this school. My daughter is in the second grade and my son is in kindergarten. This school is by far exceptionally well for a public school. My son is reading very well and his grades are improving every marking period. His teacher is Ms. Ogieste and she is an excellent teacher. My daughter is reading on a 5th grade level and she is in the second grade. Her teacher Mrs. Chang is an excellent teacher as well. These teachers take the time to teach my children and any concern I have I will send a note and they will respond promptly. I love this school. I actually transfered them from St. Mary's catholic school and this was the best move ever! YOU CANNOT EXPECT THE TEACHER'S TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN EVERYTHING. IF YOU HAVE A CHILD WHO DOES NOT LIKE TO LISTEN OR BEHAVE THEN YOU AS A PARENT NEED TO TEACH THAT AT HOME. SCHOOL IS NOT A PLAY GROUND. YOU MUST SIT PAY ATTENTION AND DO YOUR WORK! DON'T BLAME THE TEACHERS BLAME YOURSELVES AS PARENTS!!!

Ps 13 M L Lindenmeyer 1

Posted February 11, 2011
I am a parent & I am trying to get my son out. He is 5yrs old, he doesn't always sit still in his chair they claim that he has ADHD or Autism. The school asked that I give him medicine. The doctor she referred me to said NO, he doesn't have either one and he definitely does not need meds. I am trying to hard to get him out but they want to put him in special ed. He is a very bright boy. Both his teachers also recommend medicine. "Isn't this the last resort?" The principal says he has ADHD because he used to be a special education teacher. No, that doesn't qualify you to make that statement. I also just get complaints, no good stuff. I spend over $40 for a reward system & they are not even implementing it. After speaking with other parents, so far 3 of them have moved their child out. Others have no issues. I am seeking help from th BOE because she wants him transferred but after evaluating him she will say he needs to be in special education.

Ps 13 M L Lindenmeyer
191 Vermont Avenue, Staten Island, NY  10305
Last modified Ps 13 M L Lindenmeyer is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 13 M L Lindenmeyer Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top