Staten Island, NY
Students enrolled: 1,123

Is 27 Anning S Prall 2

Posted September 05, 2015
My daughter has been going to 27 for the past 2 years and she will be transfering out this year to go to the Academy. To start off, student behavior should be more controlled, fights happen every day and little is done about it. One day, a child bit my daughters finger in the school yard last year and she still has puncture marks. Some teachers could do a better job. One of my daughters teachers for english was pregnant since school began and she had to take a leave for the last marking period. All the work that had to be done in a 2 month period for english was forced into her last week before maternity leave. During the last marking period the majority of my daughters class (a scholars class) was dropped at least 5 points for their english grade. The principal does nothing to enforce student behavior besides the dresscode. The only announcement that she made personally all year was to make sure that girls specifically had shorts longer than the knee(an outrage and a double standard). I applaud the deans and APs for doing most of the controlling and going above and beyond their jobs. Furthermore, IS27 makes itself out to be better than it actually is. It's far from the magnet school for applied learning that they advertise on their front door.

Is 27 Anning S Prall 1

Posted August 16, 2014
This school is NOT a magnet school. Does not have a working website. Does not offer the classes they brag about. Does not have high expectation for children not in the honors program. They lied to me and the other parents at the orientation.

Posted April 03, 2014
My Three kids has been received an excellent education. i will recommend anyone to this school. all staff treat everyone equally, thats the speciality of this school. Submitted by a parent

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter attended last year this school. Everything is perfect. Thank you all school staff..

Posted June 25, 2013
i'M looking foward to my child attending this school. My friends and PTA members recommend the programs at IS 27.

Is 27 Anning S Prall 3

Posted April 07, 2013
My child has received an excellent education, despite a dysfunctional administration and very little parent or community involvement. But don't take my word for it, decide for yourself.

Posted September 11, 2012
all I know is this: My son loves going to school. He works hard and since he is a smart kid, is given grades in the 90s. Very positive experience for him. He also enjoys the before and after-school sport activities. keep up the good work.

Is 27 Anning S Prall 3

Posted January 18, 2011
I would love to be above average as a former student. true public schools in nyc are terrible, concerning where the home students generally come from. however, it's been improving, the curriculars are excellent. however, when I went to high school, I noticed this school did not prepare me enough for English. science and math curriculum is great. the closeness to look out for safety and order is great within teachers. some teachers aren't the greatest role models. but overall, these kids love to come to school b/c of friends and are much better than other public middle schools. I would just hope this school stops faking things, I've noticed the past 2-3 years, some have put on a fake act to make this school sound great. it is, and would definitely be if they actually do the work. they do, but just not fully. in conclusion, the assisant principals are the + side to this school. overall, school is improving and favorable over the other ones.

Posted October 15, 2010
This is a great school which is motivating the students in higher learning. The informational are great.

Posted May 09, 2010
because it is a great school great support team and great programs

Is 27 Anning S Prall
11 Clove Lake Place, Staten Island, NY  10310
Last modified Is 27 Anning S Prall is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 27 Anning S Prall Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top