Bad
Good

the day i stepped my foot into i.s.49 was the best day of my life because, i can tell that when i start school here i was going to be a better person. Also i.s.49 is a good school for all children to come there but their parents always say that 49 is a bad school but now it is 2011 49 is a very good school for kids people always say and i always say when you come to 49 u mine your own business nobody will not bother you i love i.s.49...................

I.S. 49 is full of caring Teachers and Staff. Everyone...including the Principal go over and beyond for the students!!!

It is a caring wonderful school and environment for any child.

This is my third year in the school and it's sad to be departing from it. From the instant I stepped in those double doors in the sixth grade, I knew I would like this school, and I did. I have really learned more than I ever have these past few years. I just love it here.

I.S.49 is great. I am going to be an 8th grader on 9/9/09. I love it there, because the teachers and students re nice and fun.

i am an 8th grader in I.S 49 enviromental studies and in a magnet class when i heard i was going to I.S 49 i kind of thought it was a bad idea but after a couple of weeks at this school i was having the best time any 8th grader will want to have their teachers are real cool the most or majority of the students are nice and fun to be with keep up the good work and keep the flag flying

My child is really benefiting from this school. I also enjoy the meetings.

I am currently going to this school and I have to say that this school is pretty good. They have great teachers and thye have installed 5 large televisions in the lunchroom and its nice too, overall this school is great.

I am a student in IS 49 and i believe the teachers here are a great help. Although the teachers are always there for us, I still pretty much dislike it here. The students here are always fighting and I get made fun of often. Thank god i will be graduating this year, but i will miss some of my teachers cause' they helped me a lot!

I am a student at IS 49 and in the eighth grade. I really do think that this school deserves more credit than it gets. The teachers are always there for extra help if you need it like during 37 and a half afterschool. There are after school programs, and minors like gym, drama, art, scanTEK, robotics, etc. And there are clubs you can join as well like the Journalism book club. I really do think I've learned a lot in 49. I am going to SI Tech this September and didn't take any extra classes to pass the SHSAT. Your child can really benefit from going to this school

Last modified Is 49 Bertha A Dreyfus is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.