Is 75 Frank D Paulo

Public | 6-8 & ungraded | 1341 students

Posted April 27, 2014

I am so happy I chose this school for my child, she always struggled but in this school the staff, teachers, and principle has brought out the best in her. If you're deciding whether or not this school is for you're child look no further, it is the right choice. I was a parent who was terrified of sending my child to public, specially since she was always a private school student, the staff, teachers and principle reassured me she would be safe. I am 100% happy I chose for her to spend her middle school years there, she comes home and tells me how happy she is and that makes me know I have made the right choice and you will too.

Posted November 21, 2013

The best school in all of 5 boros!! you wont find any more devoted teaches and principal and ap's anywhere ... The level of excellance that's expected is amazingly met by the students.. They know where they are and they all strive to keep up to the high top class.top scores and top rated school its known to be.. the friendly happy class A atmosphere is a good reason so many children and parents are so happy ... best principal elected ever !! if your in the district and your child can attend IS 75 coinsider yourself lucky ! I cant say enough good about this school.. 3 of my 5 children attended here.. I was one of the lucky ones <3

Posted August 28, 2013

My daughter is an incoming student at is 75. I attended the open house and have to say I am very impressed. I had the chance to speak to the asst principal today I was so pleased. I had some questions about the scholar programs . She explained to me they reward the children who put the extra effort and she regularly checks and moves them accordingly. She answered all my questions and was sincere, helpful and really made you feel she cares about every student. My mind is at ease for my daughter embarking on the next three years. She put it perfect every child walks in with a 100 average it's their job to maintain and they are there to help.

Posted August 5, 2013

I am graduating from I.S. 75 this year and am very sad. It's such a great school! I want to stay another year. I used to hate school but now i look forward to waking up in the morning a going to school

Posted August 1, 2013

I have two children. One who just graduated and one who is just starting ! I can only say that I am blessed to live right next to I. S 75 ! When we moved here 8 years ago you think of elementary schools but I found out that junior high is much more important! And was I blessed ! I love everything about this school ! The teachers , staff , and education they get !! Both my children love this School! And I'm sure it is number one in New York !

Posted March 6, 2013

Great school.... Teachers are focused on every student. They have respect and loyalty to their students. It shows in their grades and how much they want to go to school. 10/10 is my rating. Best school in Staten Island and no other school can beat it

Posted September 6, 2012

This school is the best one in Staten Island and I actually bought my house near it because I wanted it to be my zoned school. The teachers are great and the students are very polite and well-mannered. Great choice!

Posted August 28, 2012

My son Austin Sierra had an unbelievable three years attending IS 75. Not only are the teachers dedicated, but his self esteem was boosted a thousand times. He has become dedicated, studious and concientious of his grades. Unfortunately, he graduated this year and is not looking forward to attending High School since he has stated "I will never find another school like IS 75". Thank you to the staff and I, as a parent, will truly miss you as well.

Posted August 12, 2012

Both of my children attended this JHS. The Principal runs a very nice school. High marks for scholastics and school safety. The children love the environment.

Posted December 27, 2010

No matter what people say about how "terrfic"this school is DON'T LISTEN .Never let all the wonderful reviews about paulo fool you.I.s75 is a terrible school.The cirriclum is horrible,the teachers act like drill sergents,and one of the paras at paulo has said,your not special to a child.Also the amount of students is way over the limit.The office staff us rude and my child never learns anything new.Although I do have to say the principle is very good and into the school,but no matter what they say about handeling bullying is WRONG.Theres girls that gang up on others and just plain horrible bullying.So don't go I.S 7.5 is the worst public middle school on the island.......

Posted May 11, 2010

The best school ever. My child has done excellent thanks to the help of great teachers. I wish there were more than 3 years in this school. The principal and the rest of the admin. are the nicest people.

Posted January 27, 2010

My son is in 7th grade at I.S. 75. It is by far the best junior high school on the island. The teachers are excellent and the children understand what they are learning. I feel my son is getting a great education in a wonderful enviornment. I am so happy I chose I.S.75 over catholic school!

Posted September 17, 2009

I love I.S. 75 for their care, concern and teaching ability.

Posted September 9, 2009

This school had really really toght my son math reading socail studys and more.i would definatly recomend this school.

Posted September 2, 2009

Excellent school. I'll miss this school when I go to high school.

Posted June 4, 2009

This is an excellent school with a calming atmosphere to it.

Posted May 18, 2009

I'm a student at IS75. The teachers I have are pretty good. The principal is very nice. It's a clean school and our teachers prepared us well for any tests. They have a lot of extracurricular activities and it's very fun! If you're coming to this school or is planning to have your child attend this school, I'm sure he/she will like it.

Posted January 28, 2009

This school is a great school there are a lot of things you can do, like join the lego- robotics team, band, chorus, and also they have fun events. I know this because I am an 8th grader here and I know it is a great school.

Posted December 10, 2008

This is a wonderful school. I give it a 10! My daughter loves this school.

Posted November 15, 2008

I.S.75 is one of the best schools that my daughter has ever went to.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 29% in 2014.

475 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 38% in 2014.

475 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Beginning in the 2012-2013 school year, the New York State Department of Instruction implemented new assessments designed to be aligned with the Common Core State Standards. The new standards for proficiency in these subjects are higher than in previous years and the percent of students earning a proficient score is expected to be lower as a result of this change. See this letter from New York's Commissioner of Education for more information on these changes.

In 2013-2014 New York used the New York State Assessments to test students in grades 3 through 8 in English language arts and math, and in grades 4 and 8 in Science. At present 2013-14 results are available only for English language arts and math. The tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New York. The goal is for 90% of students to meet or exceed grade-level standards on the tests.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 29% in 2014.

377 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 33% in 2014.

377 students were tested at this school in 2014.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 36% in 2014.

477 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 22% in 2014.

380 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

332 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: New York State Education Department

In 2009-2010, this school was given a grade of "B" for the middle school level.

Progress Report Grades measure the school's contribution to student learning in three areas: School Environment, Student Performance and Student Progress. Schools can receive additional credit for achieving exemplary performance progress among high-needs students. Progress Report Grades range from A to F.

Source: New York City Department of Education

Master's degree and above 66%N/A39%

Teacher credentials

Teachers with no valid teaching certificate 0%N/A0%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School psychologist
Speech and language therapist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • School psychologist
  • Gym
School leaders, update and verify information here.
The NYC Department of Education asked parents, teachers and students about their school's learning environment. Results provide insight into school climate, such as whether the school is academically rigorous, safe, communicative and collaborative. Learn more

The information captured by the survey is designed to support a dialogue among all members of the school community about how to make the school a better place to learn. An overall category score is calculated for each respondent group (parents, teachers, or students) by averaging the scores of the questions within that survey category.

Category scores for each of the respondent groups are then combined to form overall category scores. Alongside the results for each school are the aggregated results across all NYC public schools, which are provided as a basis for comparisons.

Learn more about the NYC DOE survey »Close
Based on 2331 responses

This school provides ... 1

A safe and respectful environmentWhat's this?

This score measures whether parents, students and teachers feel that the school creates a physically and emotionally secure environment in which everyone can focus on student learning.

8.6

8.4

7.5

9.3

8.0

Clear, useful communication about educational goalsWhat's this?

This score measures whether parents, students and teachers feel that the school provides information about the school's educational goals and offers appropriate feedback on each student's learning outcome.

7.4

9.5

7.8

Strong parent, teacher and student engagementWhat's this?

This score measures how engaged parents, students and teachers feel they are in an active and vibrant partnership to promote student learning.

8.2

9.3

7.8

High academic expectations for all studentsWhat's this?

This score measures how well parents, students and teachers feel that the school develops rigorous and meaningful academic goals that encourage students to do their best.

8.6

Parents97483%
Students126198%
Teachers9699%

12012-2013 New York City Department of Education School Survey

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

• PE instructor(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School psychologist
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
Transportation options

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Join PTO/PTA
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

455 Huguenot Ave