Syracuse, NY

Webster Elementary School 3

Posted April 14, 2015
It's a good school but they wipe to much bad behavioral under the rug there is a lot of bulling in this school. They need a better way of disapline action in place. I have seen and heard of kids pulling weapons ,I also know that if your child gets hurt they don't tell you until your child does something wrong.I feel that the district superintendent should lose her job.maybe these schools will go back to the old days.also I hate there grading system 1234, what happened to A,B,C,D,F you have a student in the district you k ow no grade average.

Webster Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2011
I agree with the previous review...Its not as good as it was for my previous grandchildren and boy do I see a BIG DIFFERENCE ! Before ,the school was superb with behavior , discipline , and education...

Posted July 06, 2009
My daughter just finished kindergarden and she knows how to read, write, add, and subtract. Her cofidence went up in reading and she's not afraid to try new things, she not shy anymore and work well with others. I think webster is the best school in syracuse.

Posted November 08, 2008
i went to this school when i was younger and i have sent my daughter their and i think its just as great as it was when i was their keep doing a great job

Webster Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2008
I love this school academically, but there are numerous 'professionals' that should not be in this field as a career.

Webster Elementary School

Posted May 30, 2007
1,000 stars. Miss Williams is excellent! You cannot trust your child with anyone else. Her team at Webster is excellent, it's a blessing to have a team that cares and that is truly dedicated. This is truly a home away from home where your kids learn and feel loved and appreciated for thier hard work,no child is left behind. Mrs. Hanes is also a great Vice Principal. The best! She makes a great role model for these kids, Isn't this what we look for in a school. Your children will thrive here.

Posted April 01, 2006
Webster Elementary is an excellent school. I can not say enough positve things. They have high expectations and do not lower the expectation which is very important to my husband and I. The principal ia a devoted, caring role model for all the children. The staff at Webster is like no other. It is truly a great place to send your children

Posted April 22, 2005
Webster school is the best school.They are very loving and caring.That school is like one big family.I wish it would not end at 5th grade.I wish it went to 12th.Ms Williams and Ms.D run that school properly.Every child gets the help that they need.They have so many programs for childen in need.My child got some extra help and now she is a head of grade level and is doing very well.I want to thank all the staff for a great job done with these chilren.I wish all the city schools were run like Webster.

Posted February 04, 2005
Both of my children have gone from Kindergarten to 5th grade at Webster. My youngest is graduating this year. I can't say enough about how wonderful this school is-words can't describe! You will never find an admnistrator that cares more than principal Maxine Williams. She makes you feel welcome every time you walk in the bldg. and always makes you feel that your questions are valid and your opinions matter. She showers praise on all of 'her kids', yet rules with a firm hand. She hires only the very best teachers and they are all very dedicated. Aaron Adams has looped w/ my child twice and I'm so glad he did! He is a God-send to me and my family. I will miss everyone there dearly when we have to leave. I feel they've truly prepared my kids for lifelong success!

Posted July 06, 2004
My son entered this school with very low grades and disliked school severely. Until coming to Webster, the principal and staff are all great! My son went from a D average to an A/B in one year.

Webster Elementary School
500 Wadsworth Street, Syracuse, NY  13208
Last modified Webster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Webster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top