Troy, NY

Ps 18 1

Posted April 14, 2014
The principal and administration is pathetic to say the least, there is a madhouse during lunch. The kids are uncontrollable, the administration is too afraid to address the issues and prefer to hush up student issues. Kids are given a free hand to bullying. The kids are advised to consult an adult and the adult they end up discussing their situation with, blames the kid as problematic! Just great!

Ps 18 1

Posted March 30, 2014
I think this school can do better. The school is ran an odd way, and the principal does not do her job well (an example is that she made a big deal when a staff member was "dressed too casually"). Administration is also very weak. The teacher I had worked with seemed fine, but the school would be better if it had a stronger administration and more knowledgeable about running a school properly.

Posted January 01, 2012
I attended this school from kindergarten all the way through sixth grade. I loved it! The teachers kept everyone involved and really cared about the students. I learned a lot and was challenged to a fair extent. I am very glad to have attended this school!

Posted February 15, 2011
This elementary school has so many great qualities. The Teachers, the Principal and her ancillary staff, the special programs. The academics are high and they students are taught values and morals like respect, concern, support, etc.

Posted January 08, 2011
My wife and I both attended School 18 when we were in our youth. We have many GREAT memories of School 18. Now that we have our own family with 3 children we choose to send our children to School 18. There are only two schools in the Troy district that have a community and a culture. They are school 18 and School 16. The kids have always enjoyed their teachers and the staff. We feel Blessed to have School 18 as our local public school.

Ps 18 0

Posted September 23, 2009
My three children have had the pleasure of attending School 18 in Troy. The teachers and principal have always been engaging and supportive of my children and their educational program. They have fun, engaging and motivating educational and family activities. My children love attending School 18. Thank you for the hard work and dedication!!!

Ps 18 2

Posted June 25, 2008
School 18 could be a GREAT school but it lacks administration. The principal does not do her job. The teachers are mediocre at best.

Posted December 07, 2007
This is an excellent school!I learned a lot and Im a student.You can do many activities,have pizza parties,join chorus,join band,weave,writing in music,become a spelling bee champion like me and a lot more!

Ps 18 3

Posted November 09, 2006
having heard many good things about school 18, I have to say I'm disappointed. they spoke of security, parent participation and being involved with what goes on, yet I have no idea what my child does all day despite my efforts to learn. I have walked up to the door four times and walked right in, even though they said it was locked during school hours at all times. there have been things other schools inform parents about, and we were offered little info. lice, speech therapy, class events are examples. there is too much homework for small children. I see no music and little art. I find the teacher we have to be nice but inconsistent, disorganized and careless. I've gotten good impressions from other teachers. I like the principal. she seems a very capable woman. I am overall displeased with this school, for these and other reasons.

Ps 18 4

Posted March 18, 2006
I am impressed with the quality of academic programs as well as the level of concern and care the teachers, aides, principal, etc. show for all of the children. For a city school, this is a nice, small evironment for children to grow and learn in. While there is always room for improvement,(the building is an older one, and there is not much of a playground) I feel the overall experience is everything an elementary school should be, and this school is always reaching higher, and continues to embrace change and invite parent participation.

Ps 18
417 Hoosick Street, Troy, NY  12180
Last modified Ps 18 is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 18 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top