PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I attended this school for nine years, kindergarten-8th grade and I have the absolute worst memories of it. Not only was I constantly put down by the teachers there, I was also excluded by the community. I used to wake up in the morning and dread going to school. When I graduated, it was the best feeling in the world. In High School, I found out that I wasn't dumb, in fact I finally realized I was really smart. I always thought I was stupid in Annunciation cause that's what the teachers always implied. I hated the principal there, she's an icy old woman. She didn't even bother to learn my name and she looks like an overgrown guinea pig. Save your money, don't send your child here. These people are sorry excuses for Catholics.

My kindergarten son attends Annunciation and he is thriving both academically and socially. He's a quick learner and started pre-k here already recognizing all alphabet letters and numbers. The school offers a sound academic foundation, within a strong community. The afterschool clubs offer some exposure to extracurricular activities, as well as sports that begin in 1st grade and fundraisers/parent association activities. We considered yonkers public schools, but annunciation offered much more than an academic curriculum.

I sent my 5 yr old to Annunciation for the full day pre-k program. Bottom line it was a waste of money- after spending almost $7,000 she doesn't even know her vowels or complete alphabet. She does know her Hail Mary though (sarcasm added). Don't waste your money here- the principal is a cold hearted woman and evidently the academics stink

teh skool is rlly bad. People are like, so crazy. My kindergartner came home today knowing everything about the birds and the bees, not the animal kind! Warning to those considering.

While there are a few dedicated professionals; the education is sub-par and antiquated. The principal's main objective is to collect as much money as possible from families, while she blatantly caters to those with deep pockets and fund raising abilities. It is difficult economic times. However, for all those fees she should be working on being more informed, and embracing the ideas and methodologies needed in education in 2014, in order for all students to be academically successful. Behaviors in general --of staff, parents and even some students, are a direct contradiction with the Christian values supposedly instilled and taught in the school. What a shame !

My children attend this school and since the arrival of the new principal (going on 2nd year), it is steadily going downhill. A FEW of the teachers and support staff have left and for the first time in 5 years I am actually considering sending my children elsewhere. The principal has no interest in outside input from her staff (I've been told) or from the parents (witnessed first hand). Her communication skills are lacking - she is very cold and curt and is truly of the mindset it's her way or the highway. The ONLY thing keeping my children there right now are their teachers and if any more of them leave, so will my children. I've seen some reviews complaining that the parents are unwelcoming to outsiders of the Crestwood community. I moved to Yonkers almost 6 years ago and from day 1 was welcomed to the school and invited to Crestwood area events. The parents are VERY involved with everything.

when my daughter attended this school she was bullied and the teachers did not take the proper action needed. she was very unhappy and ignored. she will definitely not be going to AES next year.

I find the school to be excellent, the parents are involved and volunteer with many of the activitys. There is a womans guild and a mens club. I find the teachers to be good and push my daughter to be her best. It's not perfect and some parents can be clichy and shun out the outsiders of thecrestwood society, however that is not why you send your child to school. The academics are very good and after school activities are great.

Overall I have been happy at this school. However, the Crestwood parents are 'clicky' leading to an initial unwelcome feeling. Also, it would be nice if there were more activities and the children were allowed to run at recess!!

Great school. Very safe and caring. It is the heart of the community.

Last modified Annunciation School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8