1-9|Private

Bad
Good

Best thing I ever did for my children is push to go to windward. While our own school district failed my children Windward helped them more than i ever thought would be. I am very grateful for all the teachers and staff best experience and recommend to everyone

Windward is absolutely the best place for kids with language-based reading differences. I wish all kids who need this type of education could go to a school such as Windward. The talent, skill and dedication of the administration, the teachers and the staff are excellent. Children learn to read and also learn how to be good students at Windward.

Windward School truly is an amazing school. Having a language based learning disability, it taught me not only self confidence but to be able to learn in a different way. I was lucky to bethere when there was a high school. All the teachers were truly special individuals and some are still there. I would not be so successful in my life if it weren't for Windward and for that I truly am grateful.

Windward is an exemplary school, providing children with language based learning disabilities the skills and support they need to succeed. The teachers are not only highly professional; they are also kind and nurturing. As a parent, I feel so lucky that my son with dyslexia is benefitting from an education tailored to him. Windward is amazing.

Windward has made a wonderful, transformational change in my child's life. Can't say enough about Dr. Russell, the teachers, and the entire staff. I wish every child with dyslexia could go to Windward.

I have visited this school to observe children from my district. The quality of the instructional program is outstanding and the teachers are trained intensely so every class benefits from high quality interesting lessons. It really is an amazing school!

Windward is an amazing place. I only wish that it went through 12th grade. The headmaster John J. Russell is a fantastic leader. He is charismatic, truly believes in the "magic" of the school's teaching methodology, and is warm and welcoming to the entire school community (parents and children included.) The teachers are phenomenal: patient, hardworking, and very thorough. The school's emphasis is on teaching our children to properly read and write. I only wish my other 2 children could have benefitted from this stellar school.

My son has been in Windward since 3rd grade and is now in 6th. He started Windward not knowing how to read correctly and with low self esteem. He now reads alone each night for pleasure. This may not seem a big deal for some of you reading this, but for those of you with a child who has language based learning difficulties it is a major deal! He is now confident at public speaking, is socially very at ease, has self esteem and is a self advocate. Windward did all this and more for my son! The teachers are the best I have ever met; dedicated, knowledgeable and supportive.

Both my daughters attended this school (one sixth grade through ninth, the other fifth grade through eighth). It's a wonderful place. My younger daughter, who is dyslexic and is now going off to college, said it changed her life. Windward is peerless when it comes to remediating dyslexia. For my ADD daughter, Windward stemmed the downward plunge and began to restore her self-esteem, which public school had destroyed. The Windward parent community and administration are inspiring as well.

Wonderful school. I don't know what we would have done without this school to give my son the right tools to be successful.

Last modified Windward School is a Private school that serves grades 1-9