Posted January 19, 2014
Windward is absolutely the best place for kids with language-based reading differences. I wish all kids who need this type of education could go to a school such as Windward. The talent, skill and dedication of the administration, the teachers and the staff are excellent. Children learn to read and also learn how to be good students at Windward.

Posted December 14, 2013
Windward School truly is an amazing school. Having a language based learning disability, it taught me not only self confidence but to be able to learn in a different way. I was lucky to bethere when there was a high school. All the teachers were truly special individuals and some are still there. I would not be so successful in my life if it weren't for Windward and for that I truly am grateful.

Posted January 02, 2013
Windward is an exemplary school, providing children with language based learning disabilities the skills and support they need to succeed. The teachers are not only highly professional; they are also kind and nurturing. As a parent, I feel so lucky that my son with dyslexia is benefitting from an education tailored to him. Windward is amazing.

Posted December 31, 2012
Windward has made a wonderful, transformational change in my child's life. Can't say enough about Dr. Russell, the teachers, and the entire staff. I wish every child with dyslexia could go to Windward.

Posted October 06, 2012
I have visited this school to observe children from my district. The quality of the instructional program is outstanding and the teachers are trained intensely so every class benefits from high quality interesting lessons. It really is an amazing school!

Posted March 13, 2012
Windward is an amazing place. I only wish that it went through 12th grade. The headmaster John J. Russell is a fantastic leader. He is charismatic, truly believes in the "magic" of the school's teaching methodology, and is warm and welcoming to the entire school community (parents and children included.) The teachers are phenomenal: patient, hardworking, and very thorough. The school's emphasis is on teaching our children to properly read and write. I only wish my other 2 children could have benefitted from this stellar school.

Posted December 14, 2010
My son has been in Windward since 3rd grade and is now in 6th. He started Windward not knowing how to read correctly and with low self esteem. He now reads alone each night for pleasure. This may not seem a big deal for some of you reading this, but for those of you with a child who has language based learning difficulties it is a major deal! He is now confident at public speaking, is socially very at ease, has self esteem and is a self advocate. Windward did all this and more for my son! The teachers are the best I have ever met; dedicated, knowledgeable and supportive.

Posted March 10, 2009
Both my daughters attended this school (one sixth grade through ninth, the other fifth grade through eighth). It's a wonderful place. My younger daughter, who is dyslexic and is now going off to college, said it changed her life. Windward is peerless when it comes to remediating dyslexia. For my ADD daughter, Windward stemmed the downward plunge and began to restore her self-esteem, which public school had destroyed. The Windward parent community and administration are inspiring as well.

Posted December 13, 2007
Wonderful school. I don't know what we would have done without this school to give my son the right tools to be successful.

Windward School 3

Posted November 23, 2007
I graduated from Windward in 2004 and I was there from 6th grade- 12th grade. The school was okay. I felt like I was forced to be very dependent on the teachers because they made you write your papers in a certain way which, for me, was a lot harder. I am in college now and I feel like Windward never prepared me for the real world.

Windward School