Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 14, 2015
Any time I have had an issue they have always worked with me to resolve it.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 14, 2015
Excellent, knowledgeable teachers. Some may be rough around the edges but they have amazing patience and their education is bar none. They have the ability to adjust their teachings on a more individualized basis if a student needs it. And with classes at 30+ that is amazing!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 14, 2015
Some nights it's a lot but most of the time it's just enough and does require parent help. Whatever is not available to us, teachers always give resources to help us help our children together along with the teacher.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted August 14, 2015
Their teaching curriculum is rigid but it meets and exceeds NYS standards. You do get a decent amount of homework but it is what they need to make it in NYS and go to the better colleges.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 14, 2015
The school accommodates every kids needs. They always go above and beyond when it comes to making sure very kid has what he or she needs to be able to learn.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 14, 2015
My son is a little sensitive and nervous when he goes to school the first day, as we all use to be once. But most of his teachers have always been welcoming and compassionate, but tough when they need to be to get our kids to learn. It is a good balance.

C E Walters School 5

Posted August 14, 2015
I am an alumni of Longwood Central School District. I have attended there since Elementary School. Now my son is there entering 4th grade. I love this district! It does have it's faults but every district does. And it will have great teachers and not so great teachers but as parents we have to make sure that our children receive the best education and I believe Longwood does just that. My son has excelled through the years even when he struggled every teacher brought him back up where he should be now, along with my help. My son did have 2 teachers he wasn't crazy about and there was a bit of a personality clash but it is a learning experience for them too. Any time I had an issue with something, the school always met with me halfway to resolve it, if it was a teacher issue, a bus issue or a health issue. As a whole, I think Longwood CSD doesn't receive as much credit as it should. I graduated in 1995 with a regents diploma and I was ready to attend college and placed into college level classes as most of peers. Most students these days are not prepared when the reach college but Longwood did just that for me. And now my sons will attend there and I wouldn't leave the district. It may have it's faults and it isn't perfect, but as a whole the district meets and sometimes exceeds NYS standards. It should receive more stars.

C E Walters School 1

Posted April 01, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten & this school leaves a lot to be desired. She is afraid to ask her teacher for help with anything! She is terrified of her & her punishments of humiliation. She's been bullied by her classmates, who have taken her belongings & called her names. Her teacher is less than responsive when I try to address issues & I think makes it worse for my daughter. Hoping she won't have to return there next year.

C E Walters School 4

Posted March 25, 2014
I'm a parent to an elementary aged student. They have enjoyed being here and learnt a great deal. Loads of homework, very dedicated teacher. Staff are nice enough. Only thing negative I have to say is that they discourage parents from drop off and pick up, making it difficult to meet other parents. Overall, very happy with cew.

C E Walters School 4

Posted September 08, 2013
I like this school. They have so many programs and activities like father daughter dance, monthly activities for parents to come into students classes. The teachers and principle show they care. Active PTA. I am overwhelmed how many things go n at the school but that's good. I just think the classes are big and my daughter in 2nd grade. Since kindergarden they have level books from A-Z and they always start her at a low level and don't realize till I tell them the books are too easy then they move her up at 2 levels it happened twice n we work very hard to keep her ahead of the game!

15 Everett Dr, Yaphank, NY  11980
Last modified C E Walters School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C E Walters School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top