Yaphank, NY

C E Walters School 1

Posted April 01, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten & this school leaves a lot to be desired. She is afraid to ask her teacher for help with anything! She is terrified of her & her punishments of humiliation. She's been bullied by her classmates, who have taken her belongings & called her names. Her teacher is less than responsive when I try to address issues & I think makes it worse for my daughter. Hoping she won't have to return there next year.

Posted March 25, 2014
I'm a parent to an elementary aged student. They have enjoyed being here and learnt a great deal. Loads of homework, very dedicated teacher. Staff are nice enough. Only thing negative I have to say is that they discourage parents from drop off and pick up, making it difficult to meet other parents. Overall, very happy with cew.

Posted September 08, 2013
I like this school. They have so many programs and activities like father daughter dance, monthly activities for parents to come into students classes. The teachers and principle show they care. Active PTA. I am overwhelmed how many things go n at the school but that's good. I just think the classes are big and my daughter in 2nd grade. Since kindergarden they have level books from A-Z and they always start her at a low level and don't realize till I tell them the books are too easy then they move her up at 2 levels it happened twice n we work very hard to keep her ahead of the game!

C E Walters School 5

Posted July 07, 2012
Our daughter recently completed Kindergarten at CEW and she had an amazing year thanks to the wonderful staff, excellent teachers and comprehensive & academically challenging programs being implemented. This district uses a great phonics program as well as a super reading/writing philosophy. She is performing one year ahead academically in part because of all these factors. Books were sent home for nightly reading very frequently throughout the year. This district provides some wonderful academic opportunities, if taken advantage of including science & literacy events. Additionally, our daughter's teacher(s) were willinging to allow us into the classroom to read to the class & participate in many special events. The Assistant Principal was very helpful throughout the year. However, the Principal was not receptive to parental feedback and/or suggestions. There was an issue in the very beginning of the school year as she was not properly placed in a class nor did we receive information in time for her to see her classroom along with her peers (we registered on time). Overall, we have been very pleased with our daughter's Kindergarten experience at this great school!

C E Walters School 1

Posted May 13, 2009
My Daughter is now a Middle School student however she attended CEW for many years. I didn't care much for the school. They do very little with the childern and don't include the parents in much.

C E Walters School 5

Posted May 13, 2009
I love this school!!!My daughters are better people thanks to this school. My six year old can read at a third grade level, my nine year old was awarded by the town (for her art)thanks to the wonderful teachers that are at this school!!! They take the time to care and help when my girls need them and award them with more than just stickers but a feeling of self worth.My daughters in the graduating class this year and I hope the middle school can hold a candle to this school.

C E Walters School 0

Posted March 28, 2009
My son attended this school for two years and then transferred to another Elementary School in the same district when we moved. The other poster had it correct when they said they are 'just average'. He now attends Ridge Elementary school and we both couldn't be happier!

C E Walters School 3

Posted October 25, 2005
Parental involvement is allowed very little in CEW. The school is more concerned with what the children's test scores are rather than what they are learning.

Posted January 29, 2004
I have two children who attend this school... for my child with more needs I find the school lacking what I feel there should be in place to help a child grow emotionally and acedemically. However for my other child who is the average kid, I find his experience to be average, nothing special but no problems.

C E Walters School
15 Everett Dr, Yaphank, NY  11980
Last modified C E Walters School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C E Walters School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top