Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Any time I have had an issue they have always worked with me to resolve it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Excellent, knowledgeable teachers. Some may be rough around the edges but they have amazing patience and their education is bar none. They have the ability to adjust their teachings on a more individualized basis if a student needs it. And with classes at 30+ that is amazing!

Amount of homework: Agree

Some nights it's a lot but most of the time it's just enough and does require parent help. Whatever is not available to us, teachers always give resources to help us help our children together along with the teacher.

I am an alumni of Longwood Central School District. I have attended there since Elementary School. Now my son is there entering 4th grade. I love this district! It does have it's faults but every district does. And it will have great teachers and not so great teachers but as parents we have to make sure that our children receive the best education and I believe Longwood does just that. My son has excelled through the years even when he struggled every teacher brought him back up where he should be now, along with my help. My son did have 2 teachers he wasn't crazy about and there was a bit of a personality clash but it is a learning experience for them too. Any time I had an issue with something, the school always met with me halfway to resolve it, if it was a teacher issue, a bus issue or a health issue. As a whole, I think Longwood CSD doesn't receive as much credit as it should. I graduated in 1995 with a regents diploma and I was ready to attend college and placed into college level classes as most of peers. Most students these days are not prepared when the reach college but Longwood did just that for me. And now my sons will attend there and I wouldn't leave the district. It may have it's faults and it isn't perfect, but as a whole the district meets and sometimes exceeds NYS standards. It should receive more stars.

My daughter is in kindergarten & this school leaves a lot to be desired. She is afraid to ask her teacher for help with anything! She is terrified of her & her punishments of humiliation. She's been bullied by her classmates, who have taken her belongings & called her names. Her teacher is less than responsive when I try to address issues & I think makes it worse for my daughter. Hoping she won't have to return there next year.

I'm a parent to an elementary aged student. They have enjoyed being here and learnt a great deal. Loads of homework, very dedicated teacher. Staff are nice enough. Only thing negative I have to say is that they discourage parents from drop off and pick up, making it difficult to meet other parents. Overall, very happy with cew.

I like this school. They have so many programs and activities like father daughter dance, monthly activities for parents to come into students classes. The teachers and principle show they care. Active PTA. I am overwhelmed how many things go n at the school but that's good. I just think the classes are big and my daughter in 2nd grade. Since kindergarden they have level books from A-Z and they always start her at a low level and don't realize till I tell them the books are too easy then they move her up at 2 levels it happened twice n we work very hard to keep her ahead of the game!

We took our child out of this school and put them in Catholic School. The school is awful. It is overcrowded, there is no school spirit and the principal is not approachable or interested in the school/kids/parents. My child's teacher spent most of her time texting all day and my child fell a year behind in math. I am not the only parent who removed their children from this school. We also lived in Middle Island and West Middle Island is by far superior to CEW.

Our daughter recently completed Kindergarten at CEW and she had an amazing year thanks to the wonderful staff, excellent teachers and comprehensive & academically challenging programs being implemented. This district uses a great phonics program as well as a super reading/writing philosophy. She is performing one year ahead academically in part because of all these factors. Books were sent home for nightly reading very frequently throughout the year. This district provides some wonderful academic opportunities, if taken advantage of including science & literacy events. Additionally, our daughter's teacher(s) were willinging to allow us into the classroom to read to the class & participate in many special events. The Assistant Principal was very helpful throughout the year. However, the Principal was not receptive to parental feedback and/or suggestions. There was an issue in the very beginning of the school year as she was not properly placed in a class nor did we receive information in time for her to see her classroom along with her peers (we registered on time). Overall, we have been very pleased with our daughter's Kindergarten experience at this great school!

My Daughter is now a Middle School student however she attended CEW for many years. I didn't care much for the school. They do very little with the childern and don't include the parents in much.

Last modified C E Walters School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.