Bad
Good

I Believe cross hill has been a good school since my daughter has been going she has been doing very well I had noticed a lot of great changes I'm this school , specially we love Mr . Grey , he is very caring , involved principal and also very nice and beyond that he really cares for the development of the school as you can evidenced by all his involvements In the school activities on striving hard to accomplish greater performance and great school programs and well arranged scholar activities were parents are being involved and we are being informed about every aspect of our children academic performance . I could say it does continues to improve and I d believe it will continue to be rated as a great school one day because as far as I can see it continues to grow . All the teachers are very nice and caring too,!

The school administration is excellent, very involved and attentive. The PTA is also very involved and great advocates for the students. Almost all of the teachers my children have had are great as well (going into 3rd grade and Kindergarten). The older (irrelevant) reviews are based on a school and leadership that is no longer involved. Exceptional teachers - Ms. Crespo, Ms. Sajdak and I'm sure many others!

Cross Hill Academy has grown in leaps and bounds. I have seen how under new leadership CHA withstand the filtering process which helped cultivate and produce what is CHA today. I love the staff and the environment of CHA. I can send my children to school with an assurance that they will receive all the tools needed to be a great student. My children has been attending CHA since 2010 and I heave seen how the teachers come together to create a learning environment that is well balanced for all students. Not only is Cross Hill Academy a wonderful place to send your child but CHA has also created a place that is loving, inviting and safe.

Cross Hill Academy,a new school 4 years ago,has certainly proven to be a wonderful & encouraging school.It has outstanding & quality teachers.Typically, in schools you may have 1 or 2 teachers that set themselves apart from their peers,however at Cross Hill Academy; there are so many great teachers.These teachers truly care & are passionate about academics. They do the right thing for their students.The administrators are strong leaders with great vision for the school.It s a compassionate & diversified school.I m impressed with how dignified the school handles challenges & the progress it s made.This school has come a long way and we need to embrace the positive that this school offers- why not talk about the good, it's part of our city? As a parent, I m proud that my children attend this school & more importantly, I know they are happy & excited about learning. It s very difficult to put into words but if I had to sum it up in one sentence, I was hesitant 4 years ago about the uncertainty of putting my child at Cross Hill Academy mainly because it was a new turn around school; I took a chance, & today I wouldn t think of any other school that I would want them to be at.

Hi, My son attended Cross Hill Academy in 2012 for only half a year because we moved from FL. My son was already behind from past schools BUT i most say that Ms. Sherman did what ever was in her power and always communicated to me what she was doing and what should do... Her effort in my son made the difference from 20's and 30's my son manage to bring his grades up to 80's and 90's!! he successfully passed to the next level 4th grade. MY mistake was changing him from school!!! there was an opening at the Charter School of Educational Excellence so I thought even better! boy was i wrong .. they only go by the book... no individual interest , they keep moving forward and they all about protocols... sad to say my son was held back to 4th grade... I'm transferring him again to Cross Hill Academy! where i know my son will get the education he needs!

This school has changed since 2010 when the old Emerson School was closed and the new school started as Cross Hill Academy. It started with Kindergarten, First, Second and Seventh and Eight Grades only. None of the reviews here are accurate anymore since they represent Emerson and not Cross Hill. The school has a whole new set of administrators, teachers and staff - so it is a different school in all aspects. My daughter has been going to this school from KG in 2010 and she is now in the second grade. Her teachers were awesome - plenty of attention & enough homework to prepare them for the tougher grades ahead. Her current second grade teacher won the Teacher of the Year for the entire Yonkers School District. The Principal is well spoken, qualified and has a great personality - he certainly commands respect of the parents and his staff. From my perspective, the little things matter too - the school events like plays & parades were well arranged and coordinated by the teachers and staff and very importantly - started right on time - all of it shows that there is tremendous co-operation among the entire staff. I thank you for creating this great learning environment in Yonkers.

hey i was a former student attending emerson a.k.a cross hill and i agree with the 13% of the angry people here by saying this school and yonker shool disrect has a terrible ....there was fight every week ,lunch detention everyday ...please dont send your hildren there unless you want they to come home to you crying and bloody faces

Last modified Cross Hill Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-6, 8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.