Posted March 13, 2014
Asheville catholic school, is a great school. I have been there for 10 years, and have never had a bad experience! I have learned SO much and had so many amazing opportunities! I don't want to leave ACS behind, but I know I have to :( I am completely prepared for high school and am completely confident I'll do well.

Posted February 12, 2013
I have a child in this great school of ACS. She has had her share of problems when she first came here. That has all turned around for her here at ACS, because of the feeling of being welcome by her teachers, and the students. She went from being just an average stundent in her grades to an A-B student. She is now a happy girl, and enjoys going to school. She is involed in after school programs, and likes being challenge in her school work and home work. I'm glad we put her in this great school.

Asheville Catholic School 2

Posted January 17, 2013
Asheville Catholic School is a small school with bossy and annoying parents. There are cliques throughout the school and my child has never felt welcomed. As a parent I was not approached by other parents in my child's class. Being new to Asheville I thought that having my child in a small school would be a great opportunity to socialize and makes friendships. The academics are somewhat challenging but not as challenging as those in our other parochial school. The teachers at Asheville CAtholic are not top notch and most of them are old and not on top of their games. As to administration, the principal was very professional and eager to continue to improve the school. I am reconsidereing my child's reinrollment in the school. The unfriedly students and parents are a deterent.

Posted July 10, 2012
Having a background in education and, admittedly, being a picky parents, we have found Asheville Catholic, not perfect, but absolutely the most challenging school in the area. Our children have been accepted into the school and encouraged to work to their potential. While a few classes are getting too large, many classes are smaller and the overall size of the school allows students to be known by many adults and to make friends across age groups. While I agree that a few students should be dismissed for behavioral reasons, we have found that public schools have a far greater problem in this area, as well as many more expensive private schools. Moreover, our children are minorities and, frankly, while the numbers are small, the percentage of racial diversity at ACS is better than the public school less than a mile from my home. So many things are relative to your own experiences. Check all of your options. ACS is our best option, even with the tuition, hands down.

Asheville Catholic School 2

Posted June 20, 2012
ACS academics have declined. There are teachers that are allowed to remain, year after year, despite parent complaints and blatant evidence of poor teaching skills. Many teachers are disrespectful and insulting to the children and ignore the parents. They advocate capital punishment, taking away recess from the entire class for the sins of a consistent few. The tolerance for bad behavior is high, and the repeat offenders are allowed to come back year after year, driving out the well behaved children. Lots of bullying and disruption. They also consistently reward the same kids over and over, not encouraging the development of the quieter ones. Since there is one class per grade, the dynamics of the classroom never change. If you're unfortunate enough to have an unruly large class, you will be stuck with them until 8th grade. They also never change classes- they do art, music, eat lunch and have almost every class in the same room. I hoped that a Catholic institution would walk the walk, but was consistently shown otherwise - and the diocesan constraints, esp. financial, are incapacitating. There are a few engaged teachers, and fairly good parent involvement- the reason for 2 stars.

Posted June 08, 2011
It is the first time that I want to take my time to write a review on something. But ACS really impressed us. We arrived from abroad so it was not easy to find a school in Asheville. After visiting many schools we finally chose ACS. It was quite a big effort for us financially but we do not regret it. The teachers are so amazing, the environment is excellent and great and most important values for life are taught to the children. Our child is so happy to go there everyday that we would be totally unable to change. We simply love the school and we congratulate the teachers and the Director for their wonderful job. This is second home for our child, and a wonderful family and community.

Asheville Catholic School 1

Posted September 16, 2010
Bullying is a big problem at Asheville Catholic School. We had hoped a small school with 1 class per grade would provide an intimate learning community for our child, as was promised. What we found was isolation, intimidation and no support from staff on our repeated attempts to remedy the hostile environment our child faced each day. A child who is bullied is not free to learn, no matter how academically "excellent" the institution may appear on paper. Lack of diversity and punitive teaching methods are other reasons I give this school a poor rating.

Asheville Catholic School 0

Posted February 26, 2010
We are a new family at ACS. After being in another local school, we were pleasantly surprised at the level of educational opportunities and genuine nurture for our children. It is refreshing. Our children are now thriving!

Posted September 10, 2009

Posted March 30, 2009
My husband and I (probably more me) agonized over where to send our daughters to school: public or private. We finally decided on ACS because we knew they would get good education and would also learn about God and all His goodness. They get Spanish, music and art every week. And every day they get PE and recess. I love that I can walk in the school any time of the school day and am made to feel welcome. There are so many opportunties to volunteer. I love being able to see my girls during the school day. They participate in an Outreach program. Each class gives back to the community in some way. First grade takes care of animals. Second grade goes to an area retirement home to interact with the Retirees. I have made so many great friends at ACS. I am so happy we chose ACS.

Asheville Catholic School
12 Culvern Street, Asheville, NC  28804
Last modified Asheville Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Asheville Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.