Posted September 11, 2013
The staff at Oakley are the most dedicated group of teachers I have ever come across. They rise to every challenge presented to them with cheerfulness and huge ability. This is a place where truly no child is left behind, not in the government sense but in the real world sense of every child being developed to their full potential. My son was there until middle school and I would have no hesitation about sending other children there if I had any. Parents are given every opportunity to participate in school events and in making school decisions. Considering how underfunded NC's schools have been for a long time, Oakley does an amazing job that any business wold be proud of.

Oakley Elementary 1

Posted May 28, 2013
My daughter no longer attends Oakley (we pulled her mid-year), nor will her sister, a rising kindergartener due to poor leadership. Ironically, I do not see any recent reviews on this academic year since the new principal arrived. Teachers were genuinely loving and most seemed to care about each individual child, but strong leadership is the key to a happy school.

Posted September 22, 2012
Oakley has been such a wonderful school. Both of my children have gone there. My son is now in middle school, but my daughter is in the 4th grade now. The staff has been wonderful with both kids. My son has aspbergers and they were very helpful and respectful with that and my daughter was very ill when she was in kindergarden and was hospitalized for 6 weeks and the staff and students were very supportive. They are both exceptional students rising above grade level every year. I have no complaints about this school at all!!!!

Oakley Elementary 1

Posted January 11, 2012
I gave this school a one-star review some time ago, which was removed. I am a former student of Oakley Elementary, and I had nothing but entirely bad experiences there.

Oakley Elementary 4

Posted August 02, 2010
We pulled my son out of Artspace and put him in Oakley, I can not say enough good things about this change, we were put threw quit a traumatic couse of events at Artspace, and everyone at Oakley made this transition so much easier, and my sons reading jumped 7 levels in 3 months! Don't go to Artspace!

Posted July 14, 2009

Posted June 14, 2009
We love Oakley!!! This is a great school! My son is a rising third grader and his whole experience has been great there> The staff is wonderful everyone is treated like family iI would recomeend this school to everyone.

Posted September 07, 2005
My daughter has been going to Oakley for two years and we are both pleased with the school. She was so shy and afraid to meet new people. Now she is very out-going and even plays sports. The teachers are so giving to these children; everyone is involved in this school. Parents, teachers, students,administraitors, and all the other employees at Oakley are involved and show a love for this community; that's how it shouls be.

Posted August 26, 2005
We have enjoyed our experience with this school and the teachers. Our eldest daughter went to Oakley 1999-2003 school years and is now in Reynolds. We live in Oakley area and bought another house here just to be able to keep our lil ones (when they get old enough) in Oakley. The teachers overall have been very attentive with our child and still stay in contact with us even though she is in another school. I could go on and on but Overall we are extremely statisfied with what we experienced there and looking forward to our future exps. with our lil ones. The only prob. we found was the principal at the time 'seemed' a bit difficult to reach, speak to and more concerned with the job and less with the students. There's now a new principal.

Oakley Elementary 4

Posted April 25, 2005
I feel this school is very well balanced. There are wonderful teachers as well as other staff members. I am very pleased with my child's enthusiasm about the school.

Oakley Elementary
753 Fairview Road, Asheville, NC  28803
Last modified Oakley Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakley Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.