Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Worst middle school ever. Find another school. Trust me you don't want your kids going to this one

My son started at Bunn Middle after attending Wake County schools for six years. He most recently attended a magnet middle school in downtown Raleigh that was supposed to be fantastic. That school was an absolute joke; not only were the kids completely out of control, the teachers did not teach the basics such as grammar and basic writing skills. Our experience at Bunn has been great. No screaming, swearing, fighting kids in the hallways like his previous school. The teachers have a handle on the kids and they don t seem to tolerate bad behavior. There has been very good communication between us and my sons teachers. They get back to me in a timely manner and I can view my his grades online. The teachers have high expectations and are teaching language arts, core math skills, etc. It sounds basic but this is not being taught in Wake County. Franklin County doesn t have the money that some other school districts do, but they have great teachers and that is what I care most about. I have been singing the praises of Franklin County schools since my children started here, and my friends all want to leave Wake County because they too are fed up.

I go to Bunn Middle, and it's a terrible school, in mine, and other students opinion as well. The teachers tell you that you're never going to get anywhere in life, and you're going to fail, and they make you feel terrible about yourself. These last years there have been the worst of my life. My teachers lose my work, and give me punishments for NOTHING. The staff doesn't do anything about bullying either. I'm severely bullied, and they haven't done anything about it. They judge you as well, I'm always judged by the staff there. I was diagnosed with depression a while back, and it was when I came to this school. I've never felt this terrible about myself, and it's because of the staff.

I feel lucky that my child attends a school with great teachers and principals that are caring and responsive to parent concerns. If you compare this school to others like it (demographics, test scores, etc.), you'll find that we're very lucky to have the fine folks at Bunn Middle School educating our youth.

My son attends this school and last year I was called in for 4 meetings in withing 2 months. We had a 1 hour conference with all his teacher and came up with a game plan and it never happened. There was no follow through by the teachers or the principal. I think it's great that they have the board on the internet so I can check and see what he has for homework as he tends to lie about that! At my friends sons school the teachers are required to sign the agenda book for every subject and do it everyday. The parents then have to sign it every night, this way we know the work is getting done. But there are loop holes where that is concerned.

No communication between the school and parents! Haven't figured out way they will not? the school is clean..test scores are ok teachers could use a little work on communication with parents also

this school is very strict. i have been attending BMS since my 6th grade year and i am now in the 8th grade. i used to think that the school was to strict but now i see that with some of the students there,that the teachers must be strict. but as long as you are not being rude and direspectful your school year will go by nice and smoothly. the teachers are only there to help. although sometimes it may not seem that way

It is my opinion that this school does not carry the same 'excellence' as it did under the guidance of Mr. Hawks. I feel the high standards formerly expected have been cut to second rate and it is our students who will suffer in the long run.

Last modified Bunn Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.