Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My teacher said they don't believe in homework. Her approach to homework is similar to her teaching style. She doesn't believe in it. I have spoken to several other parents and they say the same, we have to spend more time outside school for our kids to keep up.

I was very excited when my child entered kindergarten as I thought this school was supposed to be a great school. I can honestly say that you are better off home schooling your child as you will spend hours at night teaching them what this school should. My child left daycare reading better than now. The teachers truly don't care about students. Don't try to speak with Joe Nixon the vice principal. At best you will be met with attitude and aggressive behavior. We now pay a teacher from another local school to tutor my child and she is astonished at the completely inadequate teaching mills park is doing. After 2 weeks and 6 tutoring sessions, my child is significantly further ahead than 100 days at mills park. This school is so bad that we are currently looking for a new home away from this shamefully horrible school. The principal should be ashamed of the lack of performance of his kindergarten teachers. The only engagement we receive from the school is when they need something. They focus more on receiving than providing a good education.

Mills Park Elementary is the best!! I sent both my children to MPE. Teachers know what they do and have build great relationship with parents. There are so many events kids can enjoy (and parents can get involved, if you want!). We LOVE MPE!

The Mills Park Elementary school provides very good learning environment for kids. Both my Daughters are doing excellent and learning at advance pace.

We are very happy that our child got to go to Mills Park for the special pre-K program. The teachers and staff are so kind, hardworking, and dedicated to the needs of the children. Even from walking into the school, you feel that it is a clean, modern, beautiful environment with kids' artwork prominently displayed. People seem to really like the principal although I have not interacted with him. Communication has been excellent, and I never had to worry that my child was being neglected. The PTA is quite active. I think it also helps that the school is located in a pretty affluent part of Wake County, where many children come from well-educated families. If there's anything to "pick on," it's that the classes are filled to capacity, but that seems to be the case with all schools in the area. Thank you to all the great people at Mills Park!

This school is probably great if your kids can learn in a traditional classroom. However, Mills Park doesn't have the resources to fully support children who learn differently. Classes are crowded and, despite high parent involvement, some kids easily get lost in them. This is true, especially, of grades three and up. We have been here from kindergarten onward and are now trying to find another educational environment for our children. My kids are only falling further and further behind; they now claim that they hate school, and it's a struggle to get them out the door each morning. The staff and teachers do their very best, but they can only do so much given what they have to work with and the sheer number of children they serve.

My daughter really loves Mills Park. She loves all her teachers and they are very loving and patient with students. The principal is very close to students and can call many students by their names. I quite often run into him when I visit my daughter's school. So, he is very involved rather than being someone who sits in his office every day. He knows the kids and the teachers well. I think this really sets apart Mill Park from other schools. I feel, at this level, the teacher's love for kids and their job makes a much more difference in their teaching and kid's learning than how much knowledge they have. The enthusiasm of my daughter's teachers in teaching has had a great impact on my daughter's desire to learn and to advance academically. She is a happy kid at school and enjoys learning most of the time. She is also learning how to be a good person and a real "princess", which maybe the most a girl dreams of.

My kid enjoy going to school! What else do we need? Friendly staffs and management, we are lucky !!!

I can't say enough great things about this school! It is success from the top down - the principal is amazing and he hires the most professional, dedicated staff I have ever seen. Mills Park feels more like an extended family than a school. The teachers and administration truly care about each child - not just their test scores. We will be so sad to leave this school community when my son graduates next year and moves on to middle school. MPE has set the bar high for future schools for our family. It is the gold standard as far as we are concerned!

Theee of my children have attended Mills Park Elementary School since the school opened in 2008. We have always had an excellent experience at the school; the principal, teachers, guidance counselors, have all been fantastic. I highly recommend the school. The leadership in the school is so important, the tone of the school is set by the administration. Teachers love working for this principal. I believe for this reason students do so well academically at Mills Park Elementary School.

Last modified Mills Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.