Charlotte, NC

David Cox Road Elementary 1

Posted August 10, 2015
I was bullied. every single day I would come home crying because of the students there. the teachers were even worse my first grade teacher sat behind her desk and did nothing meanwile the students were blasting the f word and dancing on tables my second grade teacher said she would wait to present the group project that I did all the work on intill I got back from flordia and when I was gone she had them present the project that I did all the work on

David Cox Road Elementary 1

Posted February 09, 2015
We moved to Charlotte from Simpsonville, SC. What a complete disappointment this school was. My son begged me to be home schooled. He was at David Cox for 3 weeks and I had to put him into private school. He had nothing good to say about the school, the administration, the teachers. I went to get him out of school and there was no security in the place. You rang the door bell and they buzzed you in. You could walk around the school and no one questioned your presences. I went straight to his classroom got him out. I stopped by the office to ask what I needed to do to sign him out of school and they just waved me away. That was the last straw. After seeing all the news reports of people just walking into schools and doing all sorts of unspeakable things to helpless kids, you'd think some security would be in place. That wasn't the case for this school. When I withdrew him from the school, they continued to call me for almost 3 weeks telling me that my child was absent from school. I called the school repeatedly to talk to someone about the phone messages. Til this day almost 3 months later, they haven't called me back.

Posted July 27, 2012
David Cox is one of the best schools in the district. I'm so glad that my children go to this school. The teachers work so hard and thier focus is 100% on the children. Focusing on the EOG testing from the beginning of the school year really helped my children's test scores. The staff provides a warm and safe environment, that I didn't feel there previous school. I'm looking forward to the next school year.

Posted November 10, 2010
David Cox is a wonderful school, with a great environment conducive to learning. I wouldn't have my children be taught elsewhere.

Posted November 10, 2010
My daughter has been at this school since kindergarten and she loves it!

Posted November 09, 2010

Posted November 08, 2010
My kids have shown tremendous improvement since going to David Cox.

Posted November 05, 2010
They are so friendly and family oriented.

Posted November 04, 2010
Great environment, Great Principal!!!!

Posted November 04, 2010
I love the teachers that he has had so far and the activities provided for the families to attend.

4215 David Cox Road, Charlotte, NC  28269
Last modified David Cox Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David Cox Road Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 233 reviews. Top