Bad
Good

My son was in rolled in six grade and 2011. While the academics were good, the administration was poor. I had a guidance counselor who did not call me back in two weeks like she promised. The administration could not take care of a bullying event that took place in the bathroom. They have no security cameras. I would not recommend the school!

The teachers are young and inexperienced. They do great with children who are AP. However, very little is done to help children who need extra help. Many classes suffer from poor classroom management. Administration does not communicate extended absences of teachers to parents or the reasons for changes in teachers during the grading period. Not a bad school but far from the best in my opinion. Math/Art/Bus. Ed are the best departments. LA is the worst.

The principal seems enthusiastic here, but I wish there was more communication from the teachers. It is a disappointment and we will look elsewhere for a school for my children. I wish the teachers would let parents know what goes on in the classes. I also with there was some opportunity to be involved.

I go to school at Ag... I used to go to private school.... and to me the academics are equally challenging. Except AG unlike many private schools is very diverse and will prepare you for the real world. The teachers are so nice and caring and are willing to help. The sports are great... and even if you dont know any1 prior to attending AG there are so many peopl and so many different groups of kids that you are bound to have a good friend in no time! (The only thing I dont like... is you dont have as much freedom ex. you have to walk in lines)

I attended A.G for all three years and it was amazing. The teachers are great, the band is FANTASTIC which i was in and everybody is so kind and caring.

the teachers are really great and al the people who go here are so much fun to be around! I love it!!!

AG is a great school. The teachers try their best to help us with any problems we have. One thing I had a problem with at the school my first year, is the diversity. I'm mixed, and went to a elementary school that was full of all types of races. Over half of AG is one race, but it fine.

My son has ADHD and We have had a very difficult time with his facilitator. She had an idea of who he was and what he needed prior to meeting him and has pushed her agenda even after being told we weren't interested in going that route. We have have numerous meetings to put things in place to assist him, but after the fact I learn from his classroom teachers that there not being done. He has always been on the A/B honor roll until he came to AG. Now he is in danger of failure. I am currently working to find an alternative to sending him back to this school. I'm sure its a great school if your perfect.

i have been to over 5 schools in the past and ag is by far the best. i have lots of friends and the teachers cram so much information in my head but in a way it seems like nothing because the teachers teach in a simple yet effective way.i have made the honer role twice and now i love middle school. and i dont understand what you mean by 'like a prison'? sure there are security gaurds but they are there for protection and they are real friendly.so overall i love this school!!

I have had two students attend AG. As with all NC middle schools the curriculm is not as advanced as I would have liked in the study of literature and writing. The math area is very strong and science (depending on the teacher). This school has consistantly had strong principals and assistants. The security is tight but the school is large and not for the student that is constantly not on task. I recommend this for Charlotte parents that are involved and have high expectations for their children.

Last modified Alexander Graham Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.