Posted August 20, 2014
BWE is an excellent elementary school. We considered all the options - public, parochial, independent - and couldn't believe it when the "best" option appeared to be our neighborhood, public elementary. We are three years in (oldest starting 2nd, youngest starting K) and could not be happier! The administrators and teachers we have encountered are top-notch, nurturing and well-trained. The PTA is super-involved and makes a major difference, both in terms of manpower and financial support, for the programs the school can offer. The school is big - with 5-6 classes per grade - but the students seem to mix and mingle and get to know one another (the size also reduces cliquishness). Can't say enough positive things about our experience so far.

Posted May 06, 2014
We just moved here this year and came from private school. We have been very pleased with the welcoming environment and high expectations. The staff and administrators are among the best we have worked.

Beverly Woods Elementary 1

Posted April 23, 2014
This school lacks adequate leadership. If your child has any kind of learning disability or behavioral issues, the school leadership will likely unfairly push your child toward the EC (Exceptional Children) program to avoid properly dealing with the issue. Intimidation and control seems to be the inherent management attitude at this school.

Posted April 22, 2014
Excellent inclusion and school that respects differences and meets all children's needs. Outstanding staff. We love it.

Posted October 03, 2013
I love this school. Academically the best. The entire staff (Principal, teachers, assistants and including the cafeteria staff and lunch room monitor)are all very professional. I can't think of anything I don't like about this school. You can trust that your child is in a nice & safe environment where everyone cares.

Posted June 06, 2013
my child is finishing kindergarten at beverly woods tomorrow, and i can't say enough wonderful things about the school. he wasn't reading before he started kindergarten, and really disliked writing. he's reading chapter books, reads to his brother's class, and writes little books on a daily basis. i am beyond impressed with what he has learned this year, and the staff is EXCELLENT.

Beverly Woods Elementary 1

Posted March 09, 2012
To the person that supposedly KNEW first hand of the experience. I am the mother of the child speaking on the original post. The school never called me to come pick my son up. The YMCA Steele Creek was responsible for picking up my son daily- not myself. I never once heard from the school until a month had passed- mind you the 3rd day of school they LOST my son. He is now attending Berewick Elementary and LOVES it. We have had absolutely NO problems since we switched schools. I'm a single mother. I entrusted the YMCA to pick him up for me daily- which they did. I could not "fix" them being late if I was not made aware. However, I did fix the situation and had him removed from the school altogether. Obviously you are speaking on another situation. You know NOTHING of my situation involving MY son

Posted November 14, 2011
this is the best school ever!!!!! They have the best teachers, and an even better principal!!!!

Posted May 23, 2011
My son has been at this school for two years, and I plan on him being here through the 5th grade. This school is very organized, child oriented, and ensures the children get the instruction they need. My son has always been classified as a very smart child, and had problems being challenged ar other schools. At Beverly Woods he is pushed to learn, and do his best. Here they learn a wide array of things, and are able to focus on subjects other than just math and reading because they do so well on their testing. There is community and parent incolvement. I am very pleased.

Posted March 13, 2011
My son will be finishing kindergarten this year at Beverly. All I can say is that he has made a few good friends, and that he LOVES waking up to go to school everyday. He couldn't read before he started school, and now he's reading 60+ page books by himself that I know I wasn't able to when I was his age. He loves to learn, asks lots of questions, and is just getting smarter and smarter every day. The fact that he loves going to school is enough for me to know that this school is doing what it's supposed to do.

Beverly Woods Elementary
6001 Quail Hollow Road, Charlotte, NC  28210
Last modified Beverly Woods Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beverly Woods Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.