Charlotte, NC

Posted February 24, 2015
I have a 1st & 3rd grader. Our kids have made a home for themselves at BWE and are very happy. This is a great school with great leadership ! Principle Horne is so polished and professional . A teacher once told me she is demanding , and you can see it. But she is kind and you can see that too. The majority of the teachers are really good , hard working and caring , and have a fan base. This school offers a great education ! It challenges all kids at their level. And the special teachers are top notch ! Especially Art, PE and music ! I continue to be impressed with their work ! BWE is a high performing school that offers a special place for special need children. These EC kids come from areas outside the zone to be at our school. This group may drive our overall ratings & scores down, but the kids and parents are so proud to have this exceptional part of school. It teaches everyone acceptance and understanding. Oh, and then there's the strong character education program at our school, very strong! This school strives to turn out well educated good kids!

Posted October 01, 2014
My son just began kindergarten and I have to say that he has excelled tremendously in reading in just 5 weeks. He is very much into learning and arts and crafts much more then ever before. His teacher is lovely and he seems to like her a lot. In general we are very satisfied and he is happy there.

Beverly Woods Elementary 2

Posted September 28, 2014
Sad to hear that the school leader and staff have a negative outlook on the possibility of Beverly Woods and Huntingtowne Farms Schools coming together? This kind of situation has happened all over Charlotte. Everyone wants the best for their child and a great education. When the school Principal, PTA and Dad s group want to have a Urgent Call To Arms For Beverly Woods" meeting. I was thoroughly disgusted at the narrow minded people involved in this matter. The school claims that they have standards when in actuality, I am embarrassed my children attend a school like this. This mentality of Our voice must be heard!! and offering a free beverage , at a local eatery/restaurant to attend a meeting to try to stop this possible merger. This is a new low for the school. I am ashamed and appalled at the desperate actions to keep a segregated school lead by the principal in charge. This is shameful and embarrassing as a parent and resident in the community. I have to wonder what other situations go on as a parent behind closed doors? Very disappointing!

Posted August 20, 2014
BWE is an excellent elementary school. We considered all the options - public, parochial, independent - and couldn't believe it when the "best" option appeared to be our neighborhood, public elementary. We are three years in (oldest starting 2nd, youngest starting K) and could not be happier! The administrators and teachers we have encountered are top-notch, nurturing and well-trained. The PTA is super-involved and makes a major difference, both in terms of manpower and financial support, for the programs the school can offer. The school is big - with 5-6 classes per grade - but the students seem to mix and mingle and get to know one another (the size also reduces cliquishness). Can't say enough positive things about our experience so far.

Posted May 06, 2014
We just moved here this year and came from private school. We have been very pleased with the welcoming environment and high expectations. The staff and administrators are among the best we have worked.

Beverly Woods Elementary 1

Posted April 23, 2014
This school lacks adequate leadership. If your child has any kind of learning disability or behavioral issues, the school leadership will likely unfairly push your child toward the EC (Exceptional Children) program to avoid properly dealing with the issue. Intimidation and control seems to be the inherent management attitude at this school.

Posted April 22, 2014
Excellent inclusion and school that respects differences and meets all children's needs. Outstanding staff. We love it.

Posted October 03, 2013
I love this school. Academically the best. The entire staff (Principal, teachers, assistants and including the cafeteria staff and lunch room monitor)are all very professional. I can't think of anything I don't like about this school. You can trust that your child is in a nice & safe environment where everyone cares.

Posted June 06, 2013
my child is finishing kindergarten at beverly woods tomorrow, and i can't say enough wonderful things about the school. he wasn't reading before he started kindergarten, and really disliked writing. he's reading chapter books, reads to his brother's class, and writes little books on a daily basis. i am beyond impressed with what he has learned this year, and the staff is EXCELLENT.

Beverly Woods Elementary 1

Posted March 09, 2012
To the person that supposedly KNEW first hand of the experience. I am the mother of the child speaking on the original post. The school never called me to come pick my son up. The YMCA Steele Creek was responsible for picking up my son daily- not myself. I never once heard from the school until a month had passed- mind you the 3rd day of school they LOST my son. He is now attending Berewick Elementary and LOVES it. We have had absolutely NO problems since we switched schools. I'm a single mother. I entrusted the YMCA to pick him up for me daily- which they did. I could not "fix" them being late if I was not made aware. However, I did fix the situation and had him removed from the school altogether. Obviously you are speaking on another situation. You know NOTHING of my situation involving MY son

Beverly Woods Elementary
6001 Quail Hollow Road, Charlotte, NC  28210
Last modified Beverly Woods Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beverly Woods Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top