Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Outstanding school Innovative and responds well To all children Teachers are excellent. Very little turnover of staff. Administration helpful and supportive

Great school. Very proud to be here Excellent teachers and leadership Strong positive culture an environment

I came to this school with a lot of excitement for my son and the school year. We were new to the area and heard great things about it and read wonderful reviews. However the experience we had was nothing like we expected. This school needs more diversity and training on dealing with children of color. The principal is very compassionate and I must say the Asst. Principal is very patient however that is not always enough to get through to a child especially one that is not accustomed to the environment. Teachers are very combative and inconsistent in their dealings. Past experiences are held against them and there is no such thing as a new day in the classroom. Teachers have favorites. My son had 2 items stolen from him and nothing was done about it. It was such a terrible year. This is just to speak on very LITTLE of what we went through. Not to mention how rude the front office staff is or how the cafeteria manager took a breakfast tray out the trash and tried to force my child to eat it. Yea its safe to say we will NOT be returning to this school. If you have a child of color then you probably will not fit in here. They do not care to change the atmosphere either. Good luck.

My children attended Beverly Woods School last year. We moved to another similar size and ranked school in Charlotte. After being at a different school, I am already surprised at the difference in leadership. Our new school has more parent & teacher involvement and especially the principal is a hands on leader. We never saw the principal at Beverly Woods with a "hands on attitude." You only would report to her if you were in trouble. It is amazing when a principal has a positive attitude and it carries on through the staff and school. I am so happy about our new change and new CMS school. It is amazing the difference just a few miles makes, I never knew.

My son just began kindergarten and I have to say that he has excelled tremendously in reading in just 5 weeks. He is very much into learning and arts and crafts much more then ever before. His teacher is lovely and he seems to like her a lot. In general we are very satisfied and he is happy there.

BWE is an excellent elementary school. We considered all the options - public, parochial, independent - and couldn't believe it when the "best" option appeared to be our neighborhood, public elementary. We are three years in (oldest starting 2nd, youngest starting K) and could not be happier! The administrators and teachers we have encountered are top-notch, nurturing and well-trained. The PTA is super-involved and makes a major difference, both in terms of manpower and financial support, for the programs the school can offer. The school is big - with 5-6 classes per grade - but the students seem to mix and mingle and get to know one another (the size also reduces cliquishness). Can't say enough positive things about our experience so far.

We just moved here this year and came from private school. We have been very pleased with the welcoming environment and high expectations. The staff and administrators are among the best we have worked.

This school lacks adequate leadership. If your child has any kind of learning disability or behavioral issues, the school leadership will likely unfairly push your child toward the EC (Exceptional Children) program to avoid properly dealing with the issue. Intimidation and control seems to be the inherent management attitude at this school.

Excellent inclusion and school that respects differences and meets all children's needs. Outstanding staff. We love it.

I love this school. Academically the best. The entire staff (Principal, teachers, assistants and including the cafeteria staff and lunch room monitor)are all very professional. I can't think of anything I don't like about this school. You can trust that your child is in a nice & safe environment where everyone cares.

Last modified Beverly Woods Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.