Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

this is a terrible school. filled with ratchets. the ratchets dont care about their learning. nobody deserves to go to this school except for the ratchets.

The principal is awesome, she really cares about her students. The Counsler Mrs Robinson helped my family thru some difficult times and because of her diligence, encouragement and holding my daughter accountable, my daughter graduated, when all the odds were against her. Its a great school The parents just need to be more envolved . The school cant do it alone.

Honestly, as a parent, I felt like the schools administration was highly disrespectful. They didn't care about how we as parents of the students attending this school felt on certain situations such a school fights, horrible test scores, and the amount of people skipping school on a daily basis. I feel this this school is content with it's bad tactics, and low exceptions.

When you read so many post that a school "isn't that bad" or "isn't that violent" then yes...it is that bad or that violent. West Charlotte 2013 test scores in math (9.7 out of 100) and reading (24.4 out of 100) are abysmal at best. Crime is everywhere (CMPD Crime map). I attended this school and I can assure all, my child will not make that same mistake.

Teacher involvement is very high at West Charlotte, Counselors respond quickly to any communication via Internet or personal phone call. Yes, West Charlotte tend to get a negative views---this is coming from the media also. Security is great, Officer Brown is on point--just come by and watch. Has a good relationship with students. I live on the West Side, and Love it. My son attends West Charlotte--and enjoys it also. Following a legacy of past West Charlotteans. In every school you have issues going on, however at West Charlotte the outside tends to make sure they are there to report anyting negative. A School is as strong as the support it receives, and I don't mean monetary.

West charlotte is a graet school. my Mama, my Brother, and my sister all graduated from here and im next. Im excited to attend WC because of all the great scholarship and community service opprutunities that are given there.

Yes the attitude of MANY of the students at West Charlotte is undesirable, but the staff is wonderful. They are constantly checking up on you and keeping you out of trouble. The staff that teaches IB and AP courses don't play games AT ALL, unlike what people outside of the school seem to think. Extracurriculars are amazing and there is a club for EVERYONE. The principal is the most encouraging person. And as for the student survey that states only 15% percent felt safe..it's bull...The rare fights that do take place are quickly contained, and how can the staff stop fights anyway..It's student drama..it happens... so lets cut all this bad talk about West Charlotte and actually try to encourage the students.

Hey I think that west charlotte is a great high school.

My daughter is in the Emerging Leaders group. I love it!

My daughter was transferred to W Chalotte this year. What we heard was horrible. The truth? West Charlotte is as safe as other better rated schools,the staff is qualified and cares about the students.The principal seems to be a real leader,the students welcome new students.....So,do not judge before meeting the good people there! {Just for you to know,my daughter was at Providence High before.I was worried.I am not anymore.}

Last modified West Charlotte High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.