Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 19, 2016
Very happy with the school. Some great changes have taken place and my kid would have not got the guidance he got here, if it was not for the school.

Posted June 19, 2014
I recently moved to the South Charlotte area for a better job. My daughter attended this school as a freshman and sophomore. Although West Meck had a bad reputation and I was worried of my daughter attending, it is not what everyone says. Like every high school, there are fights but none violent, serious or best of all involving my child. She is now attending one of the "best schools in Charlotte" which I can say is very untrue. This school may be looked down by the people who believe the silly rumors, but I know it is wonderful.

Posted January 14, 2014
This school has some really good classes. They prepare you for college and helps you on your career.

West Mecklenburg High 1

Posted August 08, 2013
I had 3 kids go to this school... each were different, none ever had teachers that cared much unless they did something wrong. I found it very hard to communicate with anyone there and I am a very involved parent. I would not recommend y ou sending your kids there at all.

Posted July 14, 2013
i sent my child to west mecklenburg he had i horrible past with a c average but after the 1st quarter his grades were rising and excellent they are hands on and amazing

Posted November 03, 2011
I graduated from West Mecklenburg High School class of 2011. I can say that I would not trade my four years spent there for anything in the world. If you enter West Mecklenburg with the a positive attitude and spirit then the sky is the limit and there is nothing that you cant do. Many people complain and form opinions about the school before they enter the doors.Many have a warped and very negative idea about the school.Considering the limited supplies and resources the school is provided with, a majority of the staff does an excellent job with what they are given. Most of the parents who complain the most, are the parents of the children that are unruly and cause most of the problems. Some people complain and do absolutely nothing to better the school. With all these complaints, I bet none of those complaining could name one thing they did to help! I love West Meck because it taught me to work hard to accomplish my goals regardless of my surroundings. I am in college, in the honors program at my university, and am attending on a full presisential scholarship! That is what West Meck did for me! I love my school and when I am wealthy one day I plan to give back to it.

Posted August 17, 2011
I have a daughter who attends West Meck and I have to be honest that I was a little worried about her transferring from Myers Park. However, I am a very involved parent and my daughter is a very well manner, respectful, and intelligent student. So with those qualities, partnered with support from her teachers and staffs, my daughter had an excellent Freshman year 2010-2011. This coming school year I am expecting great things again. Parents and students who constantly complain should step back and look at themselves and reevaluate their participation and involvement at the school. You can not blame the teachers/staff for your child's performance if you as the parents are not standing behind your own child and if the students aren't giving 100%. Education starts at home.

Posted July 01, 2011
It appears from me, based on some of these comments, maybe the school, teachers and staff are not the problem. It is the parents and kids. Some of your spelling and grammar is terrible. How much time did you folks spend teaching your children the basics and following up on homework? Not much I would guess.

West Mecklenburg High 1

Posted June 29, 2011
I had two sons that atended this school. this school is the worst. It seems like the prinicple and staff does not want to help the kids suceed. My son was bullied my gang members EVERY DAY. My husband went to the school on many occasions to speak to the priniciple and she act like she did not have time. I called and she could not return any calls. she basically trasnfered me to someone else to handle the situation and nothing was done. the kids continued to bother him and my son never got anything done. this is the worst. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THIS SCHOOL. HAWTHORNE IS MUCH BETTER

West Mecklenburg High 4

Posted November 10, 2009
I have a child that attends WMHS and she is a senior this year (thank god), the first year i have to say was horrible, but now everything is ok, i make contact with her teachers, counselor and i encourage her as well to have some type of communication with them, she will be attending WInston Salem State after she graduates.As a parent we should not blame the teacher for our kids failure at school, we must accept some type of responsibility and move forward from there, I encourage all of the parents to keep in contact with the teachers via (email, phone call, visit the school).

West Mecklenburg High
7400 Tuckaseegee Road, Charlotte, NC  28214
Last modified West Mecklenburg High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.