Posted June 01, 2014
My son has been at POB since his Freshman year. As he prepares for graduation in a week I feel it is finally time to give a review. To speak on the academic program I will list the colleges he has been accepted to.....Harvard, Vanderbilt, Citadel, Naval Academy, Morehouse. All have offered some form of scholarship. He was accepted to the Citadel the summer before his senior year. Now has he gotten into a physical altercation.... yes twice. Both times he was agressed and defended himself. The principal acted swiftly and fairly. I love this school. At the end of the day the numbers speak for themselves. His senior class is less then 350 children and 90% have over a 3.0 . Curtis Carroll is visible all the time he supports his students. They concentrate on academics..not athletics. My son was on the biomedical program and looks foward to the next chapter of his education.

Posted October 17, 2013
If you are attending a school for academics, you have chosen an excellent school. My son is a sophomore with a 4.62 GPA currently. He plays football, which isn't the best, but his teachers are great. I can email any one of them at any time and can expect a response within the hour. I appreciate teachers that are engaging and genuinely care about the student versus the check.

Phillip O Berry Academy Of Tec 4

Posted September 23, 2013
Phillip O Berry is a great school to go to. Initially, very hesitant to attend the school. Once get to know teachers and the staff, I fall in love with school. POB is t started offering STEM curriculum very recently. Bio-tech program is awesome. In less than 2 years POB came 3rd place in state HOSA competition. Medical intervention lab and teacher is amazing. She has lot of passion for the subject and has vested interest in student welfare. Bio teacher is an exemplary, his focus is on ensuring students are well prepared for college and goes above and beyond. He adopted research based papers and book to educate students. English teacher is amazing, right from the beginning of the school year, she wanted her students start thinking about college and AP. DBQS, assignment, and quizzes are college level. She understand the student abilities and challenges them, but ensures they are motivated. Overall, Phillip O Berry is an excellent school.

Phillip O Berry Academy Of Tec 2

Posted November 16, 2011
I'm a freshman here at Phillip O. Berry. So far, I've seen absolutely NO change whatsoever in the quality and challenge of the academics and even curriculum, comparing to middle school. This school is publicized with such a good rating, with propaganda that proposes that the students here are all high-level and advanced, and that the curriculum is more rigorous than that of normal schools. True, the ratings are high and the success and graduation rates are also high. But what is ALSO high is the level of IMMATURITY that is displayed in the classrooms. There is absolutely no display of discipline that I'm aware of, and I'm in classes with freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. The level of intelligence is also lower than I expected from this school. But I will say that there are, in fact, students that are very smart and mature, but the average classroom is not very high-level, considering that about half the students almost all of my classes are failing. Well, I suppose this school is better than my home school, Rocky River, so I guess I'll give them that. Overall, the teachers are decent, the students, not so much. And the rigor...I can't seem to find it.

Posted May 02, 2011
Our daughter is a Freshman at POB in the Engineering Academy. We have been VERY pleased with the quality of teachers and instruction and teaching by the teachers. The Engineering Academy is excellent. Our daughter passed her Intro. to Engineering class and will receive college credit for the class....that's awesome. And we contribute her success to her teacher, Mr. Mariano, who was voted "Teacher of the Year" last year. He's an awesome teacher! The principa, Mr. Carroll provides superior leadership to the teachers & staff as well as being accessible to students and parents. We are extremely pleased with Phillip O. Berry Acaedmy of Technology. ALL families with children interested in Engineering, Computer Technology or the Medical field should consider POB as top notch public high school in Charlotte, NC.

Posted December 17, 2009

Posted November 05, 2009

Posted November 04, 2009

Phillip O Berry Academy Of Tec 3

Posted February 18, 2009
The academics is great. There are a lot students there to get a education and getting exposure to a potential career. The teachers are willing to work with student that want to learn. Only dissapointing part of POB is the athletic program. If your child is looking to get a athletic scholarship it will not happen. But luckily my child went there for academics which I applaud POB for.

Phillip O Berry Academy Of Tec 0

Posted August 30, 2008
My son has recently been accepted in to the Magnet program here and I have already seen a difference from his prior school James Martin. He likes his teachers and they really seem to care and be excited about the subjects they teach. The students also seem to care a great deal about their education and it is reflected by their behavior which has affected my son's behavior for the better. I would highly recommend this school.

Phillip O Berry Academy Of Tec
1430 Alleghany Street, Charlotte, NC  28208
Last modified Phillip O Berry Academy Of Tec is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phillip O Berry Academy Of Tec Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.