Posted September 22, 2014
My daughter attended JW Grier Academy from K-5, she graduated in 2014. Starting with kindergarten the school staff were very nurturing and ensuring us of the safety of our kids was first; this was not just implied but practiced. We only had two years of the previous principal Mrs BrandnFellan and I heard and experienced good leadership with her time there. Most of the years we were under the tutelage of principal Ms.Townsend. Ms. Townsend is a down to earth, tight ship running, takes challenges head on, academics first, no nonsense leader and loving principal. This principal has immersed herself into this school along with a top notch staff and teachers. I believe JW Grier Academy has played a great role in my daughters early years with a clear path to succeed in all she does!

Posted January 15, 2011
I was visiting from NJ in December. My granddaughter Aniyah Falconi-Giles is in Mrs. K kindergarden class. I attended the Winter concert. What a treat, afterwards Aniyah and I went shopping in the school boutique. I told Mrs. K, I would donate lanyards to her class for the students ID's. I will be receiving them sometime this week. Please give her this message.

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted September 23, 2009
I love the programs, the teachers and the school is always clean

Posted August 20, 2009
The teachers really care, they strive to be the best school, and they are working hard to get scores up.

Posted July 21, 2009

Posted January 28, 2009
I have been very pleased with Joseph W. Grier. I was extremely nervous at first; bringing my child from a private school into CMS. JWG has made this transition very easy for me and my son. They encourage parent participation and have an open door policy which I love. I visit my son's class when at all possible and his teacher is very welcoming. Also she shows great interest in his academics. Thanks Ms. Smith! (kindergarten)

Posted July 22, 2008

Posted July 28, 2007

Posted July 24, 2007
J.W. Grier is one of the most rewarding school,They believe in working hard and partying hard by recognize their student for excellent in every area of education from prefect attendence to excellent grades. This school encourage their students to be their best.

Joseph W Grier Academy
8330 Grier Road, Charlotte, NC  28215
Last modified Joseph W Grier Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph W Grier Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top