333 students|Kipp: Charlotte

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 09, 2015
Mr. Harmon is amazing. He is patient, caring and wants to see his students succeed

Posted December 09, 2015
I enrolled my son in KIPP CHARLOTTE because I never felt he was challenged at CMS schools. He is being challenged academically, however he's also being challenged socially (and not in a good way). There seems to be tremendous behavior problems amongst the students and little or no consequences. Starting with the school's uniform policy. I would say more than half the students are out of uniform daily! If I had to spenextra money to purchase college sweatshirts, then so should all other parents (or a KIPP sweatshirt). If you can buy your child bright green or neon shoes, you can buy them black or white. In terms of behavior, students are given far too many chances to improve negative behavior... My philosophy is... Nip it in the bud from the start and you won't see the same students in the admins office repeatedly. Again my reason for enrolling my son was academic and in that area I am very pleased.

Posted October 06, 2014
kipp is an awesome middle school located in the charlotte-mecklenburg area.. students expectations are set high and the school communicates well and keep parents informed.. my daughter attends Kipp charlotte in the six grade. it started out to be a challenge for her because its such a different school from the norm' middle schools. student are thought how to be well disciplined, organized and focus.. its might come off as a challenge at first because the kids do get a lot of homework and attends saturday schools . but in the end it will all pay off.

Posted April 30, 2014
My school is one that cares about the children individually and collectively. They focus on academics and making the child feel good about learning which makes them want to learn and enjoy learning. They cater to the whole child and speak positive over the children and they are very coordial and polite to the parents. There is a positive atmosphere from the parking lot to the farthest classroom and the tone in which they speak to the children is one of love and understanding. Even in correcting behavior, it is done in love. I am excited about our upcoming year with this great learning environment.

Posted March 23, 2014
Kipp has made tremendous progress with the students. My child was a couple of grades behind when she began; now there is no stopping her. Her grade level is where it's suppose to be and continues to grow.

Posted September 24, 2010
This is my son's 4th and final year at KIPP Charlotte. The teachers are excellent and dedicated to providing a challenging academic foundation for the students. The expectations are set high for the students as well as the teachers. The students have worked hard and truly understand how education is the key to their future success.

Posted July 14, 2010
KIPP Charlotte truly has made a difference in my son s future. Now he see's how important his education is for his future. It was a tuff up hill battle for all of us, but as I look at my son now I see the man and leader he will become.

Kipp: Charlotte 2

Posted June 23, 2010
I would also like to state how the school does provide all school supplies and the cost of the end of the year trip; which is usually to GA, DC or NY. The school would be great If the other issues were addressed that are mentioned in my below in my below posting.

Posted April 22, 2010
I bought into the Kipp promise.That was partly the reason I placed my children there, but little did I know Kipp Charlotte is very different than what the papers claim. It is an alternative educational placement but children that have disabilites are not welcomed quest. The school leader implents extreme consquences for minor infractions and even worse their disciplinary measures can be discribed as psychological abuse which isn't far fetch being that the school leader is a Psy major and not an educator. Children are pushed to the extreme in mental restraint and adults, most of whom say they are 'true and passionate educators' and 'hold children to higher standards' seem to enjoy fragile minds crumple. Study hall is a joke it's busy time and kids bring home more homework than Journalist'busy' My last words are Be Leary. D.Porter

Posted October 04, 2009
Awesom, awesom! The teachers and staff are a unit, they care about the student and their education. And it shows.

931 Wilann Drive, Charlotte, NC  28215
Last modified Kipp: Charlotte is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kipp: Charlotte Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top