Posted March 08, 2014
I have been at JCHS since we opened in 2006. We have been blessed with fine kids, teachers, and principals. As a staff, we are constantly working to get better. We strive for continuous improvement in all areas of school life. I know that my professional growth has been enhanced during my time at Jesse Carson.

Jesse C Carson High School 2

Posted January 26, 2014
Being a student here I will say it's somewhat of a good place to learn things. Then I can turn around and say this school is terrible for everything else. Tons of people here dip everywhere and ask for bottles all the time. Then the "popular" kids are so stuck up that they don't care for anyone but themselves. If you're not willing to go to a party and smoke or drink, you're not going to be popular at all. Since I am not that type of person, I pretty much sit by myself at lunch. It's definitely safe to say that(me being a junior), I can't wait until I graduate from this school.

Posted July 18, 2013
As a student going into my senior year I love this school it is great and i have had a great time i am really into the fine arts programs like art , chorus , and dance. It saddens me that dance may not be available to students this year and years to come. I think that ruins our Fine Arts vibe.

Posted May 11, 2013
This school is amazing! I have been a student here for the past 2 years, transitioning from middle school to highschool was such an ease here. The teachers are phenomenal, who like to personally interact with each student and be more of a teacher-friend than a strict authority figure. Shows students that they care about them. As a school that is concentrated around the arts, we have an outstanding theatre program along with band, dance, chorus, art, folk art & more! The principal as of 2013 is nice and does a great job of running the school. AP classes are available here at school and although it take extra work and brain usage, kids who excel in any honors/gifted programs would pass with a high B. Only downside to AP classes is that the course is only one semester long, so it's cramming a one year college course into a semester. I would advice taking only one a semester so you don't get too overwhelmed with work. Out of the county schools, I think Carson is the best because of the teachers/staff. It has evolved already in the past two-years and I'm excited to see how it will end up being by the time I graduate. I give this school a 10 out of 10!

Posted October 04, 2011
I have had a son graduate from JC Carson in 2010 and have a son that is currently a 10th grader. I have been pleased with the school as a whole! My boys have been very happy there!

Posted August 06, 2011
NC School of Distinction, met High Growth, and only traditional high school to meet AYP! What more can I say!? In five years, this school is doing what all others in the district haven't in 50 years! Amazing students!

Jesse C Carson High School 1

Posted May 04, 2011
Carson is a very beautiful school but seems to be more interested in overall test scores than individual learning. This is my child's last year there. He will be better educated at home.

Jesse C Carson High School 0

Posted April 04, 2010
Carson Is a Graet School I could not imagine going any where eslse.

Posted October 26, 2009
I graduated from this institution of learning, Jesse Carson High School in 2009. It was decent the 3 years that I graced that school with my presence. The teachers were modest, you did not know really what to expect some were great teachers and others didnt even know what subject they were teaching. I did enjoy the athletics and the administration was good. Overall I enjoyed my time there... but there is some things Carson could work on.

Posted October 19, 2009
I love this school...My child is a student there...He has been helped in so many ways. He has epilepsy. His teachers are aware of his condition and always inform me of anything that happens with him. He has a 504 plan. Everyone that has him for a class especially his CATS teacher assist him if he falls behind or needs assistance in completing tasks. I personally feel this is a wonderful school with caring teachers and support staff that go above and beyond to help all their students to achieve their goals. This is an exceptional school with outstanding academic and athletic programs.

Contact Information

290 Kress Venture Drive
China Grove, NC 28023

School website

Jesse C Carson High School
290 Kress Venture Drive, China Grove, NC  28023
Last modified Jesse C Carson High School is a public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jesse C Carson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.