PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

First Assembly Christian School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 16, 2015
No, many of the students at this school are horribly racist, rude, obnoxious and uncaring towards others.

First Assembly Christian School 3

Posted July 05, 2015
The curriculum for this school is truly watered down for a so called christian school. They are money hungry and live in your pockets. They force your children to bring in food for every student in their classsroom for their "International Food Festival", or else it affects their grades. Insane! They force you to participate in their fundraisers or else your children will not be allowed to participate, on a regular school day, in a party they plan for only the children who brought in money from the fundraiser. They make your children sit in the office if they come to school on this day. Discriminatory!!! This CFA industry has to be racking in over a million dollars per year. It still is not enough.They beg for money and all kinds of things every month for things they should provide. They have no gym for grades k-8, only high schoolers. Why pay over $6,000 a year for this poor arrangement. The staff truly favors certain children, not very fair with all the children. They are not on one page and very late with providing you with school calendar and events. It is all about your money!!! Get ready to pay out on top of tuition and over priced lunch!!! CFA says, "show me the money"!

Posted March 15, 2015
My kids love CFA Academy! The academics are challenging and they are able to participate in a wonderful fine arts programs as well as sports. The teachers have been great so far and are willing to offer support after school as needed. Communication has been a key factor and we always know what is going on. Parents can log-in at any point and view their kids assignments and grades! The academics have been very challenging especially in middle and high-school. We couldn't be happier and would recommend CFA Academy to any prospective families.

Posted September 01, 2014
Very dismayed by the events that occurred at this school. No response from Administration to issues with bullying in middle school which was tolerated and subsequently I removed my child and it was by far a "minor" issue my child was bullied physically and verbally by another student and the other student was NOT SUSPENDED! I am sorely disappointed as we were there for all of elementary school and half of middle. The education in the middle school is below subpar, students who leave in middle are behind public school and struggle. Not at all acceptable

First Assembly Christian School 3

Posted August 06, 2014
I agree with many things in the prior post. I took my kids out of this school a couple of years ago. One child was bullied by their 5th grade teacher. She had her favorites and bullied several others. The favorites never did anything wrong. It was always the other children who were punished, even if the favorites were at fault. Many parents felt that the principal always sided with the teachers over the parent's complaints. Up through 3rd grade was okay.

Posted June 10, 2014
Teacher's own kids get special treatment! They get the leading parts in musicals and plays. My child's teacher told them to NOT tell their parents what happened in school one day or it would be worse on them. What teacher tells a child NOT to tell their parents things? The principal was of no help! ALL the kids can make good grades. Bonus points are based on how many points you need to make a good grade. Some friends tried getting their child into other schools based on the end of the year testing and couldn't believe their child didn't get in. They had A's all year long???? No, they were GIVEN A's. Turning in homework and projects on time? No worries, here you can turn in homework when you want basically. If you can keep your mouth SHUT, tolerate your child being upset and terrified on a weekly basis then this is the school for you. I couldn't get my child out soon enough! Kids who have left in the 4th/5th grade where so far behind in math vs. public schools. $500/mo for this? Your hands are tied there. As a parent you can't reach out to the teacher nor the principal. I would NOT recommend this school!

Posted April 02, 2014
I am an alumni of First Assembly Christian School. I was valedictorian of the class of 1984. I logged onto this website to see if there were any plans for a thirty year reunion. I found none. I did, however, read your reviews. Obviously I have not been around for a while and have no idea what is going on in the school today. I wanted to remind all of you that there are no perfect schools. There are no perfect students, parents nor teachers. I think that is something we all forget sometimes. I have nothing but the happiest memories of my days at FACS. My time there was a blessing in my life. I hope this years graduating class and those in the future will have as fond of memories of there school as I hold in my heart...................Kristina Lynn Smith, Class of 1984.

Posted March 04, 2014
Wow!! I can't believe some of these bad reviews...... Both of our kids go here and we love it. We have had wonderful support from teachers and administration! No school is perfect but our kids love it. One of our kids started out in public school and it wasn't a great experience. There was so much anxiety with all the public school testing and I feel we made a great choice in going to CFA Academy.

Posted January 29, 2014
Do you know why the reviews go from "love it" to "hate it"? It's because the administration plays favorites. The way it works is you come in, keep your mouth shut and never EVER question them. If you step out of line once, you are forever on their list. No forgiveness, no patience, no tolerance. From the on they either make sure to torment up you any chance they have. The teachers literally believe they are the supreme authority of the students lives on and off campus. What's worse is that they hold little to no respect for the students privacy, they check their social media and look through their text messages if they take their phone. The students can't do anything about it either as it will always end with the student being in more trouble for "causing trouble." Not only are the teachers horrid, but they leadership is just sad. They have no backbone and won't stand up to anyone as long as their pockets are filled. They can't even enforce any other rules beside the dress code and phone rules. If you are reading this and your children attend this school, take it for someone who's been inside and seen behind the fake, smiling faces: You need to remove them now.

Posted January 26, 2014
This school is wonderful! The teachers are awesome! Issues/problems handled quickly! No bullying tolerated! No "wrong" crowds! The teachers actually CARE ABOUT THE STUDENTS! Love love love this school!!

First Assembly Christian School
154 Warren C Coleman Boulevard North, Concord, NC  28027
Last modified First Assembly Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
First Assembly Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top