Posted September 13, 2014
Love this school! I had thoroughly researched all options including charter and private. Last minute, rescinded my seat to cabarrus charter to attend PSRES. The teachers are amazing! Principal Beard has done an awesome job with this school. My child, who has an IEP, has received top notch care. I could not be more pleased!! Far exceeded my expectation!

Pitts School Road Elementary 3

Posted January 28, 2014
Interesting how a new prinicipal can make such a difference in a school with parents & scores. But the change isn't subtle, it appears to be supported by children's scores which are probably a factor of poor leadership. During the 6 years (Pre-k -5) our daughter attended at Pitt School it was known as the elementary school to send your child to. Teacher, Principal & Parent rapport was high and Parent volunteerism was a pleasure. Our daughter now attends Hickory Ridge Middle in the 6th grade. I guess timing is everything.

Pitts School Road Elementary 2

Posted January 27, 2014
Not as good this year. New Principal that doesn't care as much about the children or the teachers. Have had 6 teachers leave in the past 2 months in the middle of the year...that speaks volumes.

Posted October 07, 2013
My son loves his school. I am very pleased with the quality of teachers at PSRES.

Posted December 07, 2011
This school is just exception. I moved from charlotte to concord in order to get both my children admitted. The curriculum and teachers involvement in this school is just great. Prompt communications with teachers, and teaching method is just fab. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for the quality education, safe envirnoment and great teacher and parent involvement. Bravo Panthers!!

Posted June 08, 2011
What an absolutely fantastic school. Everything about this school is exceptional. The teachers are wonderful, caring, excellent instructors. Great Principal and asst principal always putting the child first before teachers and parents. Lots of communication between the parent and teachers. Teachers motivate and cater to child's needs whether in assisting child or in challenging a child's abilities. Many parent volunteers everywhere. New facility, computers, everything is so great. They really encourage parent involvement (eg. have lunch w/your child any day, Family Night etc.) PTA is extremely active . Lots of extracurricular activities (chess club, skip rope, etc.) We LOVE this school and this town, family oriented community. you're getting a private school education in a public school. My child has thrived here. I thank my lucky stars we picked to live in Concord. My son started kindergarten there and now is moving on to 4th grade, and one thing I can say is every teacher he had was fantastic!

Posted June 03, 2011
My son loves this school and the teachers. They were very patient with him and involved us at every turn. It breaks my heart to take my son out of this school. We will truly miss it.

Posted June 01, 2011
We have been fortunate to have had our son attend Pitts from Kindergarten, on the first day the school opened its doors, through 5th grade. We could never have asked for a better elementary environment for him. I am an elementary teacher (at another Cabarrus County school) and I can attest that the education at Pitts has been excellent. Over the years, we have had some of the best teachers around. In addition, the entire staff, from administration to cafeteria to office is caring, welcoming, and supportive. We will surely miss Pitts next year.

Posted May 31, 2011
Man we miss this school! We moved our child from that horrid Cannon school and my daughter thrived in Pitts school's environment! Since her experience at this school she hasn't looked back and is now a straight A IB student. She always reflects on her time at Pitts school Elementary and credits it for her love of learning. Incredible and caring staff make me give this school my highest recommendation possible!

Posted December 08, 2010
The school is great. My 4th grader and 2nd grader transferred here after having difficulties in local charter school. They have been thriving here. Principal Borders is great. Teachers communicate and differentiate in the class. My daughter who was failing math at last school is now passing, and picked for honors reading. Teachers are awesome.

Pitts School Road Elementary
720 Pitts School Road Southwest, Concord, NC  28027
Last modified Pitts School Road Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pitts School Road Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.