Posted July 06, 2013
My child is a rising 2nd grader at HVE and he loves his school. I am amazed by how much he has learned so far. Even though the student population is large, my child is not just a number. Many of the teachers and administrators know him by name. Teachers and administrators are very caring and communicate well. The truly diverse population at HVE creates a very positive environment that serves my child well in the classroom and beyond .

Hope Valley Elementary 3

Posted July 03, 2012
I have to say that my daughter had been at this school since Kindergarten and I was lucky that in 1st grade her experience got so much better at this school. This past school year there was a change in administration and the principal and I was just highly unsatisfied with the problems at this school. I felt that bullying was not being addressed and instead of my daughter being able to openly speak to her teacher she was called out by her for doing it and I got numerous calls home. Let me just say that my child is very well behaved and has never had problems at school and she is an AIG student. I was just not happy with her 3rd grade experience. Thank goodness we moved and my child will start the 4th grade elsewhere. There are wonderful and dedicated teachers at this school do not get me wrong but the new principal is personally a huge negative impact on this school.

Posted September 21, 2010
This school educates a very diverse group of children (culturally, linguistically, academically, and economically). Despite its very large population, it's also a school of one. Each student receives the attention and customization that will best suit that child. We've been very happy with this philosophy and have seen our daughter excel as a result.

Posted May 15, 2010
I am a parent of a set of twins that attended Hope Valley. I have a review of my experince posted. I am very proud to say that my twins went on to attend Githens Middle School and were both AVID students. They are now both enrolled in Jospine Dobbs Early College HIgh School at NCCU and are doing very well. After this school year they will be in the 11th grade. Hope Valley was there foundation and did make them the Eagles that they are today. NCCU also hold on to Eagle Pride. I could not be more proud of my twins than am today. With great schools such as Hope Valley and being a parent that was very much involved in my twins education. I can see all of my hard work and staying on top of my twins education.

Posted May 14, 2010
My little sister and I both went to Hope Valley K-5 and we completely loved it! The teachers were fantastic and really cared about what happened to us. We were never allowed to slack off or give up in class, because the teachers were determined to have every student get a good education. I'll admit, the teachers could have done a better job with keeping bullies in line, but as long as kids don't go looking for trouble, none will come to them. Dr. Jirtle is fantastic, nice, upbeat, and really seems to care about her school. Plus, all the fundrasiers and events they did there made extracurricular activites much more fun! Go Eagles!! :)

Hope Valley Elementary 0

Posted February 23, 2010
I am a parent of a 1st grader. My daughter went to Pearsontown and was stressed out. My daughter is so happy now and loves school. She loves her teacher Ms Royal & Mr. Moore. The principle provides great leadership, and is so kind and approachable. The teachers are excellent and show a passion for teaching, as I saw our 1st PTA meeting this year. The scores are low, and my daughter is AIG & a high % of students are AIG, so I am confused that the AIG kids do not seem to impact the overall scores. The scores aside, my daughter is getting a good education, and finds school very enjoyable. The school is beautiful and clean, the class rooms bright and organized, and the admin team is very organized. I am happy we decided to change to HVE.

Hope Valley Elementary 3

Posted September 08, 2007

Posted June 29, 2007

Posted June 08, 2006
What a fantastic 5 years, grades 1 -5. We could not be happier with the school, staff and the life long memories my daughter will have. This school is great!

Posted April 20, 2006
The academic program at Hope Valley is very good, although crowding is becoming a problem as more housing goes up the the RTP area, but schools are not being built...there is a lot of parent involvement. Our children are entering middle school above grade level and in advanced classes.

Hope Valley Elementary
3005 Dixon Road, Durham, NC  27707
Last modified Hope Valley Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hope Valley Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top