Posted May 27, 2014
It is very creative,easy,easy to learn.I like the way the highly classified professional teachers teach us in this school. My school could hae the teachers do a little strict rules in class and the students don't disrespect teachers a lot.

Posted May 14, 2012
Our daughter is about to complete her 6th grade year at Brogden, and she has had a wonderful year. The teachers and staff are amazing and completely dedicated to creating a safe environment and a smooth transition from Elementary School!

Brogden Middle 4

Posted January 15, 2012
I have an eighth grader in this school. I find most of my child's teachers to be very good to excellent. The overall culture and leadership of the school is hierarchical, non-responsive, and lacking in imagination. Police presence is strong and thus there is a lot of order in the hallways. There are no structured opportunities for parents to meet teachers. There are very few after school activities. Most of the "electives" (which include music and languages) are scheduled within the same block of time. Physical and health education are poorly taught.

Posted May 16, 2010
Brogden is a great school with terrific & caring teachers.

Posted October 03, 2009
Brogden Middle School has a diverse student population and challenging urban environment. In my opinion, this award should go to a school like Brogden that needs funds to be the best it can be, instead of some well-funded school that already has high ratings and doesn't need the money.

Posted September 28, 2009
This is our 7th year with Brogden and we just love it. Not only are the academics excellent, but everyone is very loving and caring.

Posted September 28, 2009
Diversity of students with dragon pride!!!

Posted September 23, 2009
Brogden goes to unbelievable lengths to make the transition from elementary to middle school smooth for sixth graders. I was very worried about the initial adjustment, but between keeping the 6th graders seperate and regular progress reports to keep parents in the loop, it has been smooth sailing so far. My son loves going to school in the morning. What could be better?

Posted September 21, 2009
I love Brogden! The faculty, staff, and students are the best!

Posted September 20, 2009
I have had two children attend Brogden. The faculty is the most dedicated group of teachers I have seen. The administration is fantastic, it is a well run school. The student population is diverse and friendly. All children learn and are pushed to reach their potential at this school. We love Brogden!

Brogden Middle
1001 Leon Street, Durham, NC  27704
Last modified Brogden Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brogden Middle Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.