George L Carrington Middle 3

Posted November 13, 2013
This school has lots of areas that need to be improved. Communication is terrible. As a parent, i rely on my child to provide info to me. However, I also rely on the school's website. Carrington's website is very disappointing. Many of the school's activities are not listed on the school calendar on the website. Basketball tryouts were held this week, but not noted on the calendar or under the announcements. My child heard the announcement for tryouts on the day they actually started. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to reach myself or his dad to arrange for us to pick him up after school. Needless to say, the coaches won't allow him to attend tryouts on day 2. It would also be helpful if all of the clubs/organizations and other extra curricular activities were clearly listed on the website.

George L Carrington Middle 4

Posted May 21, 2013
Good transition for my 6th grader from elem. school. She's had ups and downs with her teachers though. Not sure if the kids are pushing them or the teachers are just tired, but my daughter started the year saying how nice all her teachers were, and now, that most of them are mean. So I take it with a grain of salt and let her grades tell me the story.

George L Carrington Middle 5

Posted December 12, 2010
Can someone explain why there is a comment about LIttle River on the Carrington Middle School page?

Posted March 21, 2010
Little River has been disappointing. The administration is weak. Behavior problem are addressed with 8, 9 10 years old with slow to no connect of the parent. Encore teacher does not initate any contract or communicate with parents, not sure of the purpose. The only time a parent hears for these teacher is when a student has been written up on at report card time because the student's name has been place in the book. In three years, I have never been contacted by or spoken to these teachers. The math and language art teachers speaks for them. Overall, I have not found Little River to be warm or embracing of the average student.

Posted February 08, 2010

George L Carrington Middle 4

Posted November 21, 2009

George L Carrington Middle 5

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted November 17, 2008
I 'm disappointed with this school. Administration is weak. Teachers are not supported in the classroom. My child has been punched in the stomach on 2 occaisions. Administration has been harmful rather than helpful with his situation.

George L Carrington Middle 1

Posted May 28, 2008
overcrowded and can not get any return calls when i have left messages.

George L Carrington Middle 1

Posted May 23, 2008

George L Carrington Middle
227 Milton Road, Durham, NC  27712
Last modified George L Carrington Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George L Carrington Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.